Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spurious Settings Changes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently my car stopped making the lock confirmation sound. Sure enough, that option was set to off. There's no way I'd turn that off, my wife hadn't driven Nick, and I hadn't been in the lock settings page.

Someone else reported the speed limit chime had turned on by itself.

Does this really happen? Any info on it?

Have you authorized an OTA software update on the car lately?
All bets are off after OTA update runs.
Some features might work better, some might work worse, some might get relocated to other screens, or default settings toggled.

Don't get too used to your Tesla UI settings if you in the habit of approving OTA update installs.

My lock confirmation sound (custom mp3) also stopped about a week or two ago. The option was also somehow turned off. Turned it back on and good to go again, but no idea how it turned off. Like above, it could be the OTA, but I don't recall when I got one and when the lock sound turned off. And, that was the only thing changed.

Noticed my lock confirmation sound also turned off. I believe it had to do with custom lock sounds; when going from a custom lock sound to no custom sound, the lock confirmation turns off. Thought this cause I was playing with custom lock sounds just before I noticed the standard lock confirmation was no longer working. Didn't bother confirming that was the root cause though; just simply turned lock confirmation sound back on.

Have you authorized an OTA software update on the car lately?
All bets are off after OTA update runs.
Some features might work better, some might work worse, some might get relocated to other screens, or default settings toggled.

Don't get too used to your Tesla UI settings if you in the habit of approving OTA update installs.
I've owned my M3 for 3.5 years now. I have always authorized my OTA software updates, but I have never found that an update changed any of the settings in my car

I've owned my M3 for 3.5 years now. I have always authorized my OTA software updates, but I have never found that an update changed any of the settings in my car

You are kidding, right?
An updates ALWAYS changes something.
It may, or may not, be something you care about it. And the change may, or may not, be material to your driving experience.
But something ALWAYS changes with OTA updates.

Cheers!

At one point my "Exclude Home" stopped working with the Walk-Away Lock function, and my car would lock itself a few seconds after parking it in my garage.

The problem wasn't that the option had been toggled off, but that the car had "forgotten" its Home location. This was months ago and I can't remember which update caused the Home location to disappear, and at first I just assumed it was a bug with the Exclude Home setting.