Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Several malfunctions on P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning when I got into my car I had a malfunction message saying my parking brake was not working or not able to turn off. I did the two button reset however now I noticed that my back up camera is not working, neither is my gps is frozen, lines and other objects not showing up on the virtual display and finally there is a load humming noise coming from the car? Any ideas? I have done the two button and brake pedal reset and not luck. I tried turning the car off in the service option however I don't think it turns off because the noise never stops. Please help.
You can also try a hard reset. Keep in mind that Tesla has said some bad things about following this procedure, and it is possible to damage your car by doing it, so do it at your own risk. However, it has also saved a lot of guys from situations like yours. So something to consider, at least.

I am also very frustrated with Tesla, I've owned my m3p for about 35 days.. All the Sudden i got "ok to drive schedule service power and speed reduced" car would only go 52 mph (55 downhill) i was a rolling roadblock. Couldn't belive that I could not get a human on the phone. Contacted service.. Sales.. Parts.. and emailed every tesla address i had. Eventually got a call from service, and they agreed to tow to service center.. That was last week! I still have no car.. No idea when i will get my car! Looking at my app it hasn't moved from its parking spot at the service center. Come on Tesla, you are a real car company now , with your recent stock surge you have money... Hire some people.. Answer the phones and take care of your customers!

Reactions: Darren Donovan
I once had an urgent problem that requied immediate attention. In my case, the car was driveable. I just drove to my local SC right when they opened, told the rep I did not have an appointment but had an urgent problem. They took the car and fixed the problem that day.

So if your car is driveable, I would just drop by your local SC and talk to a live person.

Reactions: focher
Easy when the closest sc isn't a 3 hour round trip...

It blows my mind that i can call Zappos. Com and talk for hours with a rep on whether or not a $40 shoe will match my favorite pair of socks, but Tesla wont answer the phone to tell me the status of my $60,000 automobile they have in their possession.
Completely agree. Tesla has grown so fast that they just can't keep up with providing any sort of acceptable customer service. A few months ago, Elon said that they were going to allocate "significant resources" to improving customer service. Hopefully the results of their efforts will be realized sooner rather than later.

Having no way to correct your situation is completely unacceptable. I love Tesla, but they seriously need to get on the ball with providing customer support/service.

Come on Tesla, you are a real car company now , with your recent stock surge you have money... Hire some people.
Just to clarify, the stock price has no affect whatsoever on Tesla’s financials - including how much money they have, unless they float more shares.

That being said, they have over $6B in cash so that’s not a issue.

Service experience appears to be very inconsistent. Some report terrific experiences and some report horrible ones.

Reactions: Phlier
I called service today and they got me an appointment in a few days. Hopefully whatever is constantly running under the front area doesn’t burn out or shorten its life. Someone thought it might be the cooling system for the batteries. I do notice a big clunk sound from time to time when parked.