Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Several Warning Messages this Morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last time I have driven my car it was perfectly fine. Since my last drive I had left for vacation and left the Model 3 sitting in my garage for a week (plugged in). Upon my return I was greeted with several warning messages as soon as my foot hit the brake pedal:

- Automatic emergency braking disabled;
- Car needs service: steering assist reduced;
- Traction control disabled;
- ABS needs service;
- Regenerative braking not available;

In addition the steering is very heavy, I am guessing the power steering is disabled.

I have spoken to Tesla chat support and they advised to do a power reset through the Safety and Service settings, but it did not help. I am going to go to a SC to see what the issue is. In the meantime, has anyone experienced this issue that was not solved by a reset? What was the culprit?

If you search the various threads in the forum related to your issues you’ll find anything from 12V battery issues to issues with the main battery. If it was me and it was safely driveable I’d take it to the SC or see if you can have a mobile ranger come to you. Good luck.

And you know this won't cause any harm how?

It’s just the 12V battery. I’m not suggesting trying to disconnect the main battery pack. The 12V battery will need to be replaced eventually as it does on all cars. If the 12V completely dies and has no charge left that’s no different than disconnecting it from the car. It’s one of the very few parts of the car that an owner can replace themselves. I only suggested it since it’s possible that disconnecting it may clear the error codes the OP is getting if a power off from the menus was not successful.

Reactions: C141medic
UPDATE: Called the SC this morning, they expedited my appointment and took it immediately. Faulty wheel speed sensor. Diagnosed and replaced the sensor, and had my car back within 4 hours. They were also kind enough to give me a complimentary car wash, cleaned out my floor mats, adjusted tire pressure, and topped of window washer fluid. So far I have had an excellent experience with Tesla service/customer support.