Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF Bay Accident Surveillance Footage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on five years of paying for that aspirational FSD. That was not the way it was sold to me. And some of the statements that Elon made back then were not aspirational it was farcical. Pure fantasy, hype, and hucksterism.

One thing I feel for sure, is tesla will assume zero responsibility for their half-baked software. It is clear from Tesla and the forum that is the drivers 100% responsibility to ensure the fitness of the software and for any of its actions. Elon has made it clear. It will do dumb stuff, possibly even kill people, but it is your responsibility, not the manufacture, or the supplier of the software. Even if they remove sensors and provide no warning that if you’re using older hardware, you should never even use auto pilot. I upgraded my hardware even though I was lied to and said that would never be needed. now it’s clear Another upgrade of hardware in sensors would be required. I have seen no effort by Tesla to get FSD’s excepted by any government entity, state or federal. There is no indication the responsibility will ever be removed from the driver. Tesla will never rebranded as driver assistance software. But at least I have a Tesla solar roof over my head, I’m riding in a vacuum tube, and packing my bags for Mars.

A 5000 pound death machine, that the driver resumes 100% responsibility for. It’s all worth it because I love screen nags.
I'm not in the law biz but frequently hear about a legal argument between these all to common responsibility waivers and negligence. Not sure what the odds are but I'm bet Tesla lawyers have thought it out. And I bet anyone with a strong case gets an out of court settlement including a no-info-release clause.

coupling in the possibility that it might have thought it was on a surface street above the highway
To be clear, my experience with slowing to a stop for overlapping streets is that it's hardcoded behavior to be conservative even though navigation still believes you're on the correct road. Here's somebody recording an "unexplained" stopping from 40mph to 0:
I've encountered similar behavior on a bridge. It's slowing down to confirm if there's traffic control probably because it's confused by map data that indicates there's an intersection at that same position. The intersection is actually for the road that runs directly underneath the bridge at that location: Way: 25355805 | OpenStreetMap

Are you saying you understood these statements to be fantasy at the time and you purchased it anyway?

FFS. Dry your eyes. It’s a level 2 system. It requires constant supervision just like every other driver assistance system you can use in any other car today. The car itself tells you this when you activate NoA in settings and again every single time you engage it.

If you’ve had the car for 5 years you’ve kept it during a period of unprecedentedly high second hand values when you probably could have got your money back and more besides, yet you’ve not sold the Tesla. Why is that?
my eyes are dry, but somebody’s nose might be a little brown. Please tell me how level two is full self driving and not driver assistance.

To be clear, I was blatantly lied to. Elon had stated that it was working and It would soon be download it to my car. My Vin number is in the 88,000. I had tested a Turo tesla prior to purchasing it in the south parking work better then. Elon made all sorts of blatant lies back then. That it would be able to self park and come pick me up from a parking deck by remembering the tire positions on the way in. As has an engineer, which I thought Elon was one. Also, I found them hard to believe but then again, they said they had it working, so I thought it was a game changer, spent the extra money. Worst part is I even talk some other engineers into purchasing it based on Elon’s lies.

He lied that it would be even allowed to be driven in the United States under a full self driving mode. Tesla has done nothing to get regulator approval and has never addressed the liability of full self driving. Pure fantasy.
He lied about it being safer. No insurance companies have bought this lie, including Tesla insurance or it would be cheaper to insure a tesla than any other vehicle that is unless insurance companies don’t understand risk, including Tesla insurance.
Where we are now, almost 5 years later, if we take 100% liability, we can use a beta of a product, that was sold years ago as a product. I purchased a product that would be delivered soon only to realize I purchased a fantasy and marketing hype to try to save a struggling start up.

I have heard that if you don’t like this country, leave, if you don’t like Tesla, sell your car, if you don’t like all the positive hype on a forum, go somewhere else. As an electrical engineer, connecting batteries to an inverter to an AC motor has been done for over 100 years. Tesla invented nothing new here just like they have not changed the thermodynamics of a heat pump. I am a fan of electric cars and the environment and that’s why I purchased the Tesla. I am not a fan of a carnival huckster selling me game changer technology That was clearly only talked about to gain confidence of the stock market an unsuspecting victims.

I will certainly never buy another Tesla, if Elon, his head of the company.

In addition, Elon’s rockets are not game changers. We are not going to Mars. We will not be using them for even transportation from the US to China. Elon has just hyped it to get government subsidies.

The Tesla semi is not cheaper than trains

My car is a depreciating asset not an investment and it will not make me $30,000 a year as promised. Elon said many times I would be stupid to buy anything else.

The boring company has not revolutionize tunnels. No game changing drilling technology they are not selling boring bricks.

The Tesla, solar roof, has been just hype.

Five years later, you can still not use a Tesla vehicle as a power wall, why?

Tesla tried to get everyone to convert to their proprietary DC charger. Sadly in the United States, is the only level three charging available? This reminds me of the US phone company is trying to push CDMA around the world. Eventually we failed, and had to admit defeat and join the rest of the world.

as a senior citizen, full, self driving, was not just a gimmick for me, but hopefully a way to extend my self reliant transportation, but I was lied to by Elon to pump his stock and save his company

Elon has sold more stock than anyone on the planet, and I might’ve actually purchased more stock in tesla than Elon. As all his stock was given to him. He also lied when he said his money would be the last one out. I guess you all heard it as it would be the last one out unless you want to try to control the messaging by purchasing Twitter. Everything you said about Twitter was a lie also. He is not a free speech absolutist. He has not opened up the source code. He has only talked about one parties interference with Twitter with nothing to mention about the other group.

I did get a tax credit when I purchase mine, or I should say, Elon did, because, as soon as the tax credit went away, he lowered the price. The customer paid the same price, he just collected my tax credit, basically.

Their service started out bad, complained about growing pains, but it’s gotten a lot worse with the increased number vehicles

I also believe, the computation will not be from start ups, but will be from Toyota Honda, Apple, or Microsoft partnering, or purchasing a company like BYD.

I’ve been asking for years that they re-market FSD is driver assistance, but Elon has lied so many times they just keep hoping people forget it, and the shills keep putting them on the back, telling them what a game changer and unbelievable experience to drive a car is.

I would still like to do across town challenge, with me driving in 1972 pinto, racing, a Tesla plaid across town in full self driving mode. I will bet dollars to donuts that I get there first, and it will be a better experience for the other vehicles around me.

I just tried full self driving to go to the store a few minutes ago. It got behind a truck going through a light didn’t see the light till I was out in the intersection and then it stopped because it was yellow. Once I got to my destinations, PetSmart,. I drove around the parking lot a couple times and try to get it to auto park The symbol never came up. I have not tried salmon in a while, because I am tired of being embarrassed in a parking lot.

I don’t care about single stack, vision only, I just wanna know when my product, not, the beta will be delivered an approved for driving within the United States. Anyone have a guess on this, anyone?

The semi is not a long haul truck like it was billed, no mention of full self driving, like Elon promised. But if you need to haul potato chips, or air for short distances, it is a game changer. Since Elon has yet to state the payload capacity, which is really all that matters in trucking is the payload. I will assume all they did was haul Styrofoam barriers. Payload is not something that should be reversed engineered by Youtubers. It should be the first thing stated during a presentation for a semi truck. The fact that they lost over that can only mean that he is lying once again.

The roadster is going to fly and have fart thruster, pure fantasy

The cyber truck is going to be made out of SpaceX stainless steel, a Pure lie. I’ve had a reservation for a tri motor for years. Tell Sloan would like you to believe that this is gonna be coming out this year., although it is January, with no updated pricing, knowledge that the tri motor will never be built. No delivery date.

And finally the bot, possibly the worst reveal of all times. The videos were faked, it could not walk. It could not water plants. But Elon said it would be dancing in a couple weeks. Many of you probably believe that. When will they post this amazing video to pump the stock.

My experience with my model three has been that they have certainly under designed the suspension to carry the weight.
infotainment is worse in class, Road noise is worse in class. When I purchase mine, there is no such thing as premium connectivity. Now I get to pay for this lame system. navigation is worse in class. The auto bright lights work, or the windshield wipers, but I’m supposed to believe full self driving will be finished sometime soon. in the battle of the nines, tesla lost, or surrendered

Last edited:
my eyes are dry, but somebody’s nose might be a little brown. Please tell me how level two is full self driving and not driver assistance.

To be clear, I was blatantly lied to. Elon had stated that it was working and It would soon be download it to my car. My Vin number is in the 88,000. I had tested a Turo tesla prior to purchasing it in the south parking work better then. Elon made all sorts of blatant lies back then. That it would be able to self park and come pick me up from a parking deck by remembering the tire positions on the way in. As has an engineer, which I thought Elon was one. Also, I found them hard to believe but then again, they said they had it working, so I thought it was a game changer, spent the extra money. Worst part is I even talk some other engineers into purchasing it based on Elon’s lies.
CEOs lie, and we have to work around that.

I don't think navigation would be responsible. Navigation chooses where the car wants to go, but the car makes its driving decisions based on the road and traffic that it detects for itself - it shouldn't slow down just because a map says there's a turning ahead, it should slow down because it has seen the turning ahead.

I think it would need strong evidence to believe that the above is NOT how Autopilot (or FSD) works, because Tesla's whole thing is that the car should be able to drive absolutely anywhere only using the resources in the car itself. Its the other manufacturers working on the problem who use pre-computed maps etc. to varying extents.
See my thread here: FSD + GPS (in)accuracy = fail

I have this issue all the time due to GPS not working well. Especially when it is raining. Was it raining that day?

Basically when my car thinks it is on a different road it tries to get back to the path I am navigating, which means it breaks and turns for no apparent reason. It will even break hard to make a turn.

In addition, Elon’s rockets are not game changers. We are not going to Mars. We will not be using them for even transportation from the US to China. Elon has just hyped it to get government subsidies.
I know this is off topic but you brought it up. Much of what you said about Tesla is valid but obviously you don't know much about SpaceX. In 2013 they had 5% of the commercial launch market. Now it's over 50%. SpaceX rockets are game changers since they allowed SpaceX to charge far less than others per kilogram. In 2022 SpaceX launched 350 metric tons into space. (32 launches) Starship will have the capacity of 100 tons per flight. The key to bring costs down has been reuseability of stage 1 which launch providers from the EU and China cannot do yet. That is why Falcon9 is a game changer today and why Starship will also be a game changer going forward whether we go to Mars or not. Oh and if you haven't heard about Starlink you may want to check that out. Just ask Ukrane about it.

He lied that it would be even allowed to be driven in the United States under a full self driving mode. Tesla has done nothing to get regulator approval and has never addressed the liability of full self driving. Pure fantasy.
He lied about it being safer. No insurance companies have bought this lie, including Tesla insurance or it would be cheaper to insure a tesla than any other vehicle that is unless insurance companies don’t understand risk, including Tesla insurance.
Where we are now, almost 5 years later, if we take 100% liability, we can use a beta of a product, that was sold years ago as a product. I purchased a product that would be delivered soon only to realize I purchased a fantasy and marketing hype to try to save a struggling start up.

I have heard that if you don’t like this country, leave, if you don’t like Tesla, sell your car, if you don’t like all the positive hype on a forum, go somewhere else. As an electrical engineer, connecting batteries to an inverter to an AC motor has been done for over 100 years. Tesla invented nothing new here just like they have not changed the thermodynamics of a heat pump. I am a fan of electric cars and the environment and that’s why I purchased the Tesla. I am not a fan of a carnival huckster selling me game changer technology That was clearly only talked about to gain confidence of the stock market an unsuspecting victims.

My car is a depreciating asset not an investment and it will not make me $30,000 a year as promised. Elon said many times I would be stupid to buy anything else.

The boring company has not revolutionize tunnels. No game changing drilling technology they are not selling boring bricks.

Tesla tried to get everyone to convert to their proprietary DC charger. Sadly in the United States, is the only level three charging available? This reminds me of the US phone company is trying to push CDMA around the world. Eventually we failed, and had to admit defeat and join the rest of the world.

as a senior citizen, full, self driving, was not just a gimmick for me, but hopefully a way to extend my self reliant transportation, but I was lied to by Elon to pump his stock and save his company

Elon has sold more stock than anyone on the planet, and I might’ve actually purchased more stock in tesla than Elon. As all his stock was given to him. He also lied when he said his money would be the last one out. I guess you all heard it as it would be the last one out unless you want to try to control the messaging by purchasing Twitter. Everything you said about Twitter was a lie also. He is not a free speech absolutist. He has not opened up the source code. He has only talked about one parties interference with Twitter with nothing to mention about the other group.

I did get a tax credit when I purchase mine, or I should say, Elon did, because, as soon as the tax credit went away, he lowered the price. The customer paid the same price, he just collected my tax credit, basically.

Their service started out bad, complained about growing pains, but it’s gotten a lot worse with the increased number vehicles

I also believe, the computation will not be from start ups, but will be from Toyota Honda, Apple, or Microsoft partnering, or purchasing a company like BYD.

I’ve been asking for years that they re-market FSD is driver assistance, but Elon has lied so many times they just keep hoping people forget it, and the shills keep putting them on the back, telling them what a game changer and unbelievable experience to drive a car is.

I would still like to do across town challenge, with me driving in 1972 pinto, racing, a Tesla plaid across town in full self driving mode. I will bet dollars to donuts that I get there first, and it will be a better experience for the other vehicles around me.

I just tried full self driving to go to the store a few minutes ago. It got behind a truck going through a light didn’t see the light till I was out in the intersection and then it stopped because it was yellow. Once I got to my destinations, PetSmart,. I drove around the parking lot a couple times and try to get it to auto park The symbol never came up. I have not tried salmon in a while, because I am tired of being embarrassed in a parking lot.

I don’t care about single stack, vision only, I just wanna know when my product, not, the beta will be delivered an approved for driving within the United States. Anyone have a guess on this, anyone?

The semi is not a long haul truck like it was billed, no mention of full self driving, like Elon promised. But if you need to haul potato chips, or air for short distances, it is a game changer. Since Elon has yet to state the payload capacity, which is really all that matters in trucking is the payload. I will assume all they did was haul Styrofoam barriers. Payload is not something that should be reversed engineered by Youtubers. It should be the first thing stated during a presentation for a semi truck. The fact that they lost over that can only mean that he is lying once again.

The cyber truck is going to be made out of SpaceX stainless steel, a Pure lie. I’ve had a reservation for a tri motor for years. Tell Sloan would like you to believe that this is gonna be coming out this year., although it is January, with no updated pricing, knowledge that the tri motor will never be built. No delivery date.

And finally the bot, possibly the worst reveal of all times. The videos were faked, it could not walk. It could not water plants. But Elon said it would be dancing in a couple weeks. Many of you probably believe that. When will they post this amazing video to pump the stock.

My experience with my model three has been that they have certainly under designed the suspension to carry the weight.
infotainment is worse in class, Road noise is worse in class. When I purchase mine, there is no such thing as premium connectivity. Now I get to pay for this lame system. navigation is worse in class. The auto bright lights work, or the windshield wipers, but I’m supposed to believe full self driving will be finished sometime soon. in the battle of the nines, tesla lost, or surrendered
Wow. Does that come in a hardback edition?

Incredible that Elon’s stock was given to him, when all he did was lead the company for a decade and turn it in to the most valuable car company on the planet (temporarily), and there’s you, the real hero, having to buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Not really. It's the same as if you advertise literally anything with the incorrect title, and then you *this is aspirational, not really what you are buying*
Not really, no. The reason most of us have stuck with Tesla is that Tesla keeps pushing out software updates that bring our cars steadily closer to actually being self-driving.

If nothing had changed over the last 6 years and 3 months, or if they had abandoned older cars, we would have dumped our cars and would all be screaming "fraud" right now. But thus far, they've lived up to their promises as they were presented — that these cars would improve over time, and eventually would be capable of self driving, including driving across the country to pick you up.

Sure, their progress has been way slower than they originally expected, but you can't tell me that things aren't moving in the right direction overall. And ultimately, what matters is that our cars will likely eventually reach that point, even if they are at a million miles and on their third battery by then. 😁

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
See my thread here: FSD + GPS (in)accuracy = fail

I have this issue all the time due to GPS not working well. Especially when it is raining. Was it raining that day?

Basically when my car thinks it is on a different road it tries to get back to the path I am navigating, which means it breaks and turns for no apparent reason. It will even break hard to make a turn.
The SF incident is on my local news now, and I watched the video this morning. The car was signaling to turn left into a cement wall, possibly because there are city streets underneath the tunnel overpass. The driver wouldn't have initiated that turn.

This is really shocking. However many overpasses have streets below and therefore it shouldn't flummox the software. It's just maddening, which I say because I'd like to use FSD (TACC, autosteer and navigate on autopilot) if it helps me, and I suppose FSDb at some point, since it's all the same software.

At the same time I keep thinking that this software shouldn't be allowed on roadways if it'll steer into a cement wall.

The SF incident is on my local news now, and I watched the video this morning. The car was signaling to turn left into a cement wall, possibly because there are city streets underneath the tunnel overpass. The driver wouldn't have initiated that turn.

This is really shocking. However many overpasses have streets below and therefore it shouldn't flummox the software. It's just maddening, which I say because I'd like to use FSD (TACC, autosteer and navigate on autopilot) if it helps me, and I suppose FSDb at some point, since it's all the same software.

At the same time I keep thinking that this software shouldn't be allowed on roadways if it'll steer into a cement wall.
You must be watching a different video then, given the ones the rest of us are watching shows the car changing to the left most lane, then coming to a stop (seemingly fairly slowly, although that may be a function of the video camera angle making it seem that way). There was zero indication of it trying to steer into the wall.

Reactions: Mark II
Not really, no. The reason most of us have stuck with Tesla is that Tesla keeps pushing out software updates that bring our cars steadily closer to actually being self-driving.

If nothing had changed over the last 6 years and 3 months, or if they had abandoned older cars, we would have dumped our cars and would all be screaming "fraud" right now. But thus far, they've lived up to their promises as they were presented — that these cars would improve over time, and eventually would be capable of self driving, including driving across the country to pick you up.

Sure, their progress has been way slower than they originally expected, but you can't tell me that things aren't moving in the right direction overall. And ultimately, what matters is that our cars will likely eventually reach that point, even if they are at a million miles and on their third battery by then. 😁
They've lived up to their promises as they were presented??? I do not think that things are moving in the right direction. The moment they started removing all kinds of sensors and going with "vision only" (most likely due to supply shortages and profits and not their belief in vision), they lost me. You do not know that our cars will eventually reach that point. There is zero guarantee that will happen.

The biggest benefit of single stack is that we'll never have to see "actually that is NoA (FSD capability!) not FSD" posts again.
The point isnt the technical issues, that is an abtuse point I agree. The point is that the press tries to link the "FSD" that they think is to blame with Tesla's wide deployment of FSDb, thus trying to pile up dirt. What SHOULD be happening is Tesla moving to the much more capable FSD stack for all AP functions since the older stack is much more primitive, but the kind of reporting going on would in fact lead to the OPPOSITE effect.

Now most are simply guessing like you are so let's wait for the investigation report or official reply from Tesla and/or investigation unit.

Sir, I think you forgot mentioning the following item:

Within Spec .jpg

The speed limit on the SF Bay Bridge is 50 mph.

View attachment 894470

I wonder at what speed the vehicles on the videos were going?

If the Tesla was using FSD, and if the vehicle was going faster than 50 mph,
the driver must then have been pressing the accelerator,
so can this situation be considered as Full Self Driving?

If the driver was pressing the accelerator, then could a phantom braking could occured?
that's weird … that photoshop of "5" and "0" looks real, but anyone in the Bay Area knows those signs read "60 or 70, a bit faster than the idiot in front of you, not as fast as the insane person going too fast and passing you"

Things are not moving the right direction. i have seen no plan to get aspiration FSD approved by any regulator. With million of miles and years of data, Tesla with FSD is still more expensive to insure. i thought with fewer parts, giga presses it would be cheaper to make and repair. The beta test pilots are taking massive financial risk or hurting or killing innocent victim, with no compensation except you might one day get the product you paid for years ago. I never score above 90 in my beta testing but I was still given access to the beta. I thought it was about safety, or was it just another delay, Early adopters will be left behind at the Tesla meeting later this month. We have already been left behind on games and other software that won’t work on my 2018. Vision only was a scam and they have ready admitted failure. Over the air updates are just and excuse for marketing and never delivering the product. Have we learned nothing from Adobe. 20 years of updates and it still has issues with pdfs.

the CEO is the largest seller of Tesla stock!, not a sigh of brand confidence, especially when he believes twitter is a better investment.

why would I sell my tesla, I have the high score on catquest.

when will full self driving, not mean you are 100% responsible for the safe operation of your vehicle. If it moved from 100% I would say it is moving in the right direction. Nothing is moving but the target and the price

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Things are not moving the right direction. i have seen no plan to get aspiration FSD approved by any regulator. With million of miles and years of data, Tesla with FSD is still more expensive to insure. i thought with fewer parts, giga presses it would be cheaper to make and repair. The beta test pilots are taking massive financial risk or hurting or killing innocent victim, with no compensation except you might one day get the product you paid for years ago. I never score above 90 in my beta testing but I was still given access to the beta. I thought it was about safety, or was it just another delay, Early adopters will be left behind at the Tesla meeting later this month. We have already been left behind on games and other software that won’t work on my 2018. Vision only was a scam and they have ready admitted failure. Over the air updates are just and excuse for marketing and never delivering the product. Have we learned nothing from Adobe. 20 years of updates and it still has issues with pdfs.

the CEO is the largest seller of Tesla stock!, not a sigh of brand confidence, especially when he believes twitter is a better investment.

why would I sell my tesla, I have the high score on catquest.

when will full self driving, not mean you are 100% responsible for the safe operation of your vehicle. If it moved from 100% I would say it is moving in the right direction. Nothing is moving but the target and the price
Nothing's more on-topic in this thread than a rant about the share price!

Wow. Does that come in a hardback edition?

Incredible that Elon’s stock was given to him, when all he did was lead the company for a decade and turn it in to the most valuable car company on the planet (temporarily), and there’s you, the real hero, having to buy it.
That was only the cliff notes of the lies and misleading comments. yes I am a Tesla Long. Invested in the vehicle when it was way over priced bought every option, including FSD’s. Spent many hours modifying mine, to try to overcome it short comings. I guess I should’ve just invested in stock become a shill and keep pumping the stock.

short cummings

road noise
terrible hvac ( one temp sensor) for four zones.
weak navigation and infotainment
No display in front of the driver (this was because they believed it would be driving itself, and you would only need a display to watch movies)
too heavy for the suspension designed
glass roof with no sunshade.

Summon isn’t even a parlor trick or a gimmick. It is a disaster. Self Park does not exist

Even the cruise control is weak, compared to some of the other offerings out there

I bought the BS for a while. The lightbulb went off when they broke the window twice on the cyber truck. If someone actually told Eon that they had a bullet proof glass, and he believed it.. call it gorilla glass, liquid metal, I guarantee I can break it. or it was a carnival trick that was scripted, and he thought he could fool us. still not sure who the cyber duck was designed for. the name was outdated when he came up with it. The only thing I can think of is that it is for Texans with lots of shortcomings. But I’m sure Elon put my hundred dollars to go to use.

Tesla even fought PWS. I hate it, that I can’t add it to my car. It is annoying on my girlfriends Tesla, and but I have snuck up on too many people in parking lots to know that a silent car has some disadvantages. Or they’re just walking down the center of a parking lot and I have to follow behind at a walking pace.

We did get waypoints, kind of, and fart mode is improving with every release.

I’ll go check my inbox on my app for the latest communication.

I know this is off topic but you brought it up. Much of what you said about Tesla is valid but obviously you don't know much about SpaceX. In 2013 they had 5% of the commercial launch market. Now it's over 50%. SpaceX rockets are game changers since they allowed SpaceX to charge far less than others per kilogram. In 2022 SpaceX launched 350 metric tons into space. (32 launches) Starship will have the capacity of 100 tons per flight. The key to bring costs down has been reuseability of stage 1 which launch providers from the EU and China cannot do yet. That is why Falcon9 is a game changer today and why Starship will also be a game changer going forward whether we go to Mars or not. Oh and if you haven't heard about Starlink you may want to check that out. Just ask Ukrane about it.
I purchased starlink for my RV. It sucks I primarily use cellular hotspot. The reusability a stage one has saved, no money, the extra weight of the fuel to land it ruins the efficiency. show me the financial data. Another government subsidized, Elon business.