Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF Bay Area: EV expo and rally on Saturday, September 24th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...will charging be available or should I make other arrangements?

They usually have a temporary wooden post in the parking lot with some 14-50s. They tend to be busy though, sometimes people have to wait for one to free up.

There is a nice shopping mall ("Town and Country Village") across the street with good restaurants, Peet's coffee, etc.

I put it on my calendar. There is a possibility i could make it (about 50/50) - will charging be available or should I make other arrangements?
There is at least one J1772 EVSE at the nearby Standford Mall. It is just a couple of miles up El Camino Real. If you call ahead, the Menlo Park Tesla store maybe able to accommodate you.
Worst case scenario, you are welcome to charge at my place, but you would be limited to 24A @ 240V.

There are 2 30A J1772s at Stanford Mall.
There are also some Coulomb ChargePoint J1772s in downtown Palo Alto (such as under city hall) for those willing to walk a fair distance.

3/4 mile from downtown Palo Alto.
1 mile from Stanford Shopping Center.
2 miles from your house.

There were a few owners giving rides most of the day in their cars, and a line of people (usually 6 deep) waiting.
It wasn't just Roadsters - one of the rare ACP TZero cars was doing rides too as well as some LEAFs and such.
(Although I think most people were waiting for Roadster rides.)

Stephen and David seem to be regulars now giving rides, but there were a couple of newcomers (including a car delivered very recently) who showed up to lend a hand.

There were so many LEAFs here and there that they (IMHO) just started to blend in and not attract so much attention.
Probably the most interesting part of this event are the various "home brew" project vehicles on display.
A few of the hand built electric motorcycles there were wonders of individual engineering.