Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF Bay Area shelter in place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read two articles at Electrek about this. Guess it is possible Tesla got some exemption, but i am sure we will know tomorrow, because if no exemption, the sheriff will shut the place down. What is concerning is that Elon apparently has not been paying attention to the California health experts on this, and Elon thinks the threat is about same as seasonal flu. I think he is way off! A smart guy who does amazing things, but he has been known to make a mistake now and then, and this is one of them.

Reactions: blissdancer
In purely scientific terms keeping the factory open is totally illogical. There is empirical data from around the world that tells us that if we don’t act now to stop the spread of the virus we could have up to a million cases in a month. Our health care system will be overwhelmed and the number deaths will be devastating.
I have been waiting for a model y, I can wait some more.

In purely scientific terms keeping the factory open is totally illogical. There is empirical data from around the world that tells us that if we don’t act now to stop the spread of the virus we could have up to a million cases in a month. Our health care system will be overwhelmed and the number deaths will be devastating.

I absolutely agree, I can wait on a car. Its ready a year before I thought it would be anyway

Also remember they support & supply solar power/energy. This is the real reason they are tagged as a ‘essential business’
Thanks !

Reactions: jboy210
Looks like Alameda County has declared Tesla an “essential business” under the stay-at-home order

Stay home if you want, Musk tells Tesla workers as Fremont plant stays open

that doesn't really help; there is still going to be an unsaid but noticed check-mark next to their names, depending on whether they go to work or stay home.

that's the point of a WHOLE shutdown. you don't make people have to decide between the appearance (and keeping their job) vs their safety. putting people in that spot is unfair, cruel and outside the ethical realm of TESLA (dammit).

be a human friggin being, elon. send everyone home. business CAN WAIT. we dont want to lose our humanity over a few weeks (maybe longer). things are just things. we can make more 'things' when we want.

everyone is going thru this. don't try to 'optimize' this. just be a human friggin being, elon.

that's all.

I guess selling shares for all that extra cash will turn out to have been a good move. The Order allows Tesla to continue administrative and HR functions as long as they maintain “social distancing.” Watch for a flood of activity when the lockdown ends on April 7th (unless the Order is extended).

I am Tesla fan boy and a casual Elon admirer. I have shrugged off Elon’s prior odd behavior as just a genius being eccentric. Tesla’s and Elon’s response to coronavirus is a tipping point for me in how I think of Elon. It also makes me feel less enthusiastic about the company and the brand. I am still a fan boy due to the mission and the product. But Tesla has to think of itself as a Fortune 500 company with responsibility towards its stakeholders and not as company struggling to survive.