Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF bay check for VIN. Just got mine.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked again this morning and I have a VIN assigned. Not listed on the website, it was found via source code. 101XX.

Midnight Silver, Long Range AWD, Black Interior, 19'' Gemini, 5 seat, No FSD (For now) Order date April 19th, 2020

I decided to use the tesla chat to have them look into my account. I didn't say anything about seeing my VIN in the source code. Here is what they said,

"After reviewing your account, you should be getting a VIN assigned soon, I don't have an ETA to provide, but I would recommend keeping an eye on your profile as it'll post directly there once available. Also, shortly after you receive your VIN, you'll be receiving a text message to Self-Schedule your delivery Appointment."

The last time I did the chat, I got the generic answer of mid to late June. So this has me hopeful for some movement very soon, maybe even by the end of the day today!

I decided to use the tesla chat to have them look into my account. I didn't say anything about seeing my VIN in the source code. Here is what they said,

"After reviewing your account, you should be getting a VIN assigned soon, I don't have an ETA to provide, but I would recommend keeping an eye on your profile as it'll post directly there once available. Also, shortly after you receive your VIN, you'll be receiving a text message to Self-Schedule your delivery Appointment."

The last time I did the chat, I got the generic answer of mid to late June. So this has me hopeful for some movement very soon, maybe even by the end of the day today!

This is going to sound stupid but... where did you find a chat window? I've looked on the website and have only found phone contact information, not chat...

103xx - MSM/Black/19" /no FSD -- Day 1 reservation -- No in order page --- only reason I checked was got a text for CASH final payment, but no delivery date assignment.

Weird to be requesting final payment before delivery date or official VIN assignement?

MVPA has to have VIN listed?

EDIT: So my friends order shows VIN on the insurance part but mine does not? Maybe because I uploaded a copy of my insurance? I wanted to see the Tesla quote, did I bypass the option uploading insurance?

Last edited:
Got a text a few hours ago saying delivery was ready but the link was broken and couldn’t make a delivery selection. Called them and put in a request to get a call back but sounds like they are backed up.
The link now works but says nothing is available and check back tomorrow.

Got a phone call from Tesla about finalizing my M3 trade. I called them back and was told the car would be ready in 3 months. Day Zero reservation, so I'm a little disappointed. I'm sure my trade-in will depreciate even more than the lowball offer I already got.

White/White LR, no FSD, which seems to be a rare bird in the wild.

Got a phone call from Tesla about finalizing my M3 trade. I called them back and was told the car would be ready in 3 months. Day Zero reservation, so I'm a little disappointed. I'm sure my trade-in will depreciate even more than the lowball offer I already got.

I wouldn’t worry too much. Tesla’s reps will always under promise. Three months ~ 12 weeks, so that’s as far out as they could go.

Let me guess, they offered to get you into a new Model 3? I'd be willing to bet they have no idea when you'll get your Model Y and just want to get credit for as many Model 3s as they can sell. There have been white/white Model Ys delivered already so it’s not like they aren’t being made.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MY-Y
Well, I'm trading in a Model 3. I hope their smart enough to put two and two together and realize I won't be wanting a Model 3.

According to the spreadsheet, there have been 20 MY with white interior assigned VINs so far. Of those 20, only one has 20" wheels. While it's true that they do exist, it's clear that Tesla is not making many with that configuration.