Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Share location to Tesla - not working on Android (Language depending)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Can anyone confirm, that the bug preventing the location sharing to your Tesla using Google Maps on Android is language specific? As soon as the whole phone is set to English it's working as intended however using a different language (Czech in my case), there is an Error saying.:

There was a problem sending the location to your vehicle. Please try again later.

Are any other languages affected as well?

Yes, English (Canada)
I can send "nearby chargers" location to my M3
Just getting "There was a problem sending location to your vehicle" message if I send from Google
Tried my wife's phone, same result.

Are you sharing a location with some specific name / characters? It seems it doesn't understand if there are some weird character or names in the location name. Try to place a pin right next to it (to get rid of the location name) and share again.

Hi,

Can anyone confirm, that the bug preventing the location sharing to your Tesla using Google Maps on Android is language specific? As soon as the whole phone is set to English it's working as intended however using a different language (Czech in my case), there is an Error saying.:

There was a problem sending the location to your vehicle. Please try again later.

Are any other languages affected as well?

Norwegian seems to be likewise affected.
I had the same problem on my Samsung S10 set to Norwegian.
I changed language to English and the sharing worked on first try.

Cheers,
-Tommy