Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shell Recharge aiming for fossil-fuel equivalent p/mile?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice try, but "huge revenue generation" is an entirely compatible statement alongside "no justification". Something can be expensive and not sold in sufficient quantity to make huge profits.
ha ha. nice try yourself. All you have demonstrated to far is that my maths is sketchy and you are a cunning linguist. :)

My original point was I don't understand the economics of changepoint operation well enough to be able to judge your statement that "clearly there is no justification" for 50p/kwh.
Do you? and if so can you explain it to me ( using small words ideally) or is it that some companies charge less and you just don't want to pay that much? a point on which I am more than happy to agree.

My daughter works for an energy company supplying only commercial premises and I can tell you businesses do not get cheaper energy than domestic customers, She draws up the contracts and most business contracts are for three years,, currently electricity is a tad over 30p per KWhr - and businesses are queuing up to sign for this deal - so other energy companies must be charging even more.
Domestic customers have the CAP on prices to protect them - business energy doesn't.
Of course this hike in prices will subside early spring time but will the current charges drop quickly? - I think not.

Government is all about screwing everyone and hope to do so in a manner they don't notice, of course they always make sure they look after themselves and others that have influence - read that as the very rich or well to do, The plebs (the rest of us) only have one purpose and that's to ensure the rich remain rich and to bear the brunt of any shortfalls. We live in a country that is said to be 5th or 6th richest nation in the world yet have an astounding number of food banks, child poverty and deprived areas - its shameful.

I bought a Tesla because i like them, like EVs in general and apart from the initial purchase price running it is virtually free, I charge up from the Solar, i also have 13.5Kwhrs of battery storage for the house, Fully insulated, All lights are LED, thermostatic valves on radiators and everything i buy i get the most efficient i can, of course its all cost a fortune to do but its nothing to do with saving the environment its all about reducing my ongoing living costs.
I'm retired so i have the time to do these things and manage energy consumption to maximum effect. I know I'm in a very lucky position but i also know the government at some point will find a way to make me pay more.

My daughter works for an energy company supplying only commercial premises and I can tell you businesses do not get cheaper energy than domestic customers, She draws up the contracts and most business contracts are for three years,, currently electricity is a tad over 30p per KWhr - and businesses are queuing up to sign for this deal - so other energy companies must be charging even more.
Domestic customers have the CAP on prices to protect them - business energy doesn't.
Of course this hike in prices will subside early spring time but will the current charges drop quickly? - I think not.

Government is all about screwing everyone and hope to do so in a manner they don't notice, of course they always make sure they look after themselves and others that have influence - read that as the very rich or well to do, The plebs (the rest of us) only have one purpose and that's to ensure the rich remain rich and to bear the brunt of any shortfalls. We live in a country that is said to be 5th or 6th richest nation in the world yet have an astounding number of food banks, child poverty and deprived areas - its shameful.

I bought a Tesla because i like them, like EVs in general and apart from the initial purchase price running it is virtually free, I charge up from the Solar, i also have 13.5Kwhrs of battery storage for the house, Fully insulated, All lights are LED, thermostatic valves on radiators and everything i buy i get the most efficient i can, of course its all cost a fortune to do but its nothing to do with saving the environment its all about reducing my ongoing living costs.
I'm retired so i have the time to do these things and manage energy consumption to maximum effect. I know I'm in a very lucky position but i also know the government at some point will find a way to make me pay more.
Yes but what do you REALLY think?

• Funny
Reactions: GlynG
Today’s ultra rapid pricing is more about proving business models than making money. Everyone is looking to the future with growth & market share. The price today might cover operating costs. Who knows the future p/kWh once the market is established and charging is ubiquitous.

Seems like it didnt take too long for the others to follow just got an email from BP

Monthly
Subscription
AC Charger 7kwh +
  AC 43kW/DC 50kw150kw + incl Battery
Subscription/Membership
£7.85
£0.28
£0.32
£0.38
£0.00
£0.33
£0.38
£0.44
Contactless/PAYG
£0.00
£0.35
£0.40
£0.50

Seems like it didnt take too long for the others to follow just got an email from BP

Monthly
Subscription
AC Charger 7kwh +  AC 43kW/DC 50kw150kw + incl Battery
Subscription/Membership£7.85£0.28 £0.32 £0.38
Registered User £0.00£0.33 £0.38 £0.44
Contactless/PAYG £0.00£0.35 £0.40 £0.50
What's your thinking on the other networks run through BP - I use charge your car destination chargers in Leeds which were the £1 connection fee then free to charge so I signed up for the subscription as I use them more than 8 times per month, what's interesting is the chargers I use never appear on my billing (even the 'free' polar chargers appear as a zero sum charge)

What's your thinking on the other networks run through BP - I use charge your car destination chargers in Leeds which were the £1 connection fee then free to charge so I signed up for the subscription as I use them more than 8 times per month, what's interesting is the chargers I use never appear on my billing (even the 'free' polar chargers appear as a zero sum charge)
Was not aware of BP subletting out charge points. But like other say when let see when the cost of wholesale prices come down how quickly they reduce their prices