Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

She's finally here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my MY this morning. This is my first Tesla ever and boy is there a learning curve to it. I spent the last few hours just playing around and understanding everything. Out of pure exciting, I can't wait to take it out for a few laps.

I originally had ordered BLK/white interior Induction LR. After a few calls to Tesla reps and reading all the threads on this forum, I had two things working against me; Black exterior and White interior as none of such been produced prior to the shutdown. Out of pure luck, this particular MY was available. So without hesitation, i took it.

Fast forward to today, I was originally told that it will be no contact drop off after 5pm. As I randomly looked out my front window this morning, I noticed a random MY
20200418_121756.jpg
20200418_125623.jpg
20200418_113457.jpg
parked in front of my neighbors house. Adding two and two together, it must be my MY and sure enough it is!

I can't stress how fortunate I am to get my MY especially during these rough times in our society. Point being, appreciate the small things in life. For those whom are still waiting and don't want to reconfigure, be patient and it will come...

Blows me away that they are leaving cars in front of people's houses like they are dropping off a UPS package or something :D

Congrats!

I know, isn't it wonderful! A new era for car buying!! I actually went to a service center to get mine, whole process took all of 30 minutes, and that's because i was OCD looking it over... could have been out in 5 minutes if I wanted.

How long did it take to arrive after calling? They have called me 3 times offering me Model Y’s for immediate delivery but I want a white interior.
I called 3-4 times in a span of a week to inquire if there's any other Y's available for delivery after finding out my original specs will not be made until after the shut down is lifted. I was originally offered Red exterior but I immediately turned it down. Blue and Midnight Silver was next up and blue it is...

After being assigned a VIN, I waited five days to schedule delivery as I was still and yet very fortunate busy working. I could've had it the next day.

I wanted white interior, but the wait can be indefinite.

Hey guys, it terms of fit and finish, I must say is not bad at all.

After reading some horror stories here, I expressed to my delivery rep over the phone in regards to inspection upon "no contact" delivery.
They told me I can inspect it and return withing 7 days if not satisfied.

I looked it over in the garage.
Body panel seems spot on.
Paint for the most part is good, minus small hardly noticeable imperfection here and there.
Car looks and smell clean inside and out.
Wheel looks good with the original stickers still on it.
The fold down rear seat failed to collapse on the ride side.
Slight clicking sound coming front the front when making a uTurn.

Those are small things that the service center can surely address..

Like some of you have said, I'm mine blown with the car and the purchasing/delivery process of it all.

Happy Sunday everyone!

I called 3-4 times in a span of a week to inquire if there's any other Y's available for delivery after finding out my original specs will not be made until after the shut down is lifted. I was originally offered Red exterior but I immediately turned it down. Blue and Midnight Silver was next up and blue it is...

After being assigned a VIN, I waited five days to schedule delivery as I was still and yet very fortunate busy working. I could've had it the next day.

I was offered two grey and one blue. I definitely would have taken a red but told them not to bother calling unless it was white interior. Funny part is I don’t even have a Y on reservation, I just submitted 3 of my Teslas to see what the trade offers would be, I might have selected interest in the Y, I can’t remember. I heard they are just calling interested buyers if they have local excess inventory.

• Informative
Reactions: GeoX750
I was offered two grey and one blue. I definitely would have taken a red but told them not to bother calling unless it was white interior. Funny part is I don’t even have a Y on reservation, I just submitted 3 of my Teslas to see what the trade offers would be, I might have selected interest in the Y, I can’t remember. I heard they are just calling interested buyers if they have local excess inventory.
To my understanding, these available Y`s are mostly likely previously reserved orders but customers backed out. Since I live close to the factory, I'm pretty sure it increased my ability to obtain one tremendously. According to the rep, they get a inventory sheet daily and always subject to change.

Reactions: Electric Steve
I took delivery of my MY this morning. This is my first Tesla ever and boy is there a learning curve to it. I spent the last few hours just playing around and understanding everything. Out of pure exciting, I can't wait to take it out for a few laps.

I originally had ordered BLK/white interior Induction LR. After a few calls to Tesla reps and reading all the threads on this forum, I had two things working against me; Black exterior and White interior as none of such been produced prior to the shutdown. Out of pure luck, this particular MY was available. So without hesitation, i took it.

Fast forward to today, I was originally told that it will be no contact drop off after 5pm. As I randomly looked out my front window this morning, I noticed a random MY View attachment 533750 View attachment 533751 View attachment 533752 parked in front of my neighbors house. Adding two and two together, it must be my MY and sure enough it is!

I can't stress how fortunate I am to get my MY especially during these rough times in our society. Point being, appreciate the small things in life. For those whom are still waiting and don't want to reconfigure, be patient and it will come...

Fast forward to today, I was originally told that it will be no contact drop off after 5pm. As I randomly looked out my front window this morning, I noticed a random MY View attachment 533750 View attachment 533751 View attachment 533752 parked in front of my neighbors house. Adding two and two together, it must be my MY and sure enough it is!

Congrats!!

There is one at the Tampa Delivery center ready for pick up. Not sure of the color but they are calling around to the people on waiting lists now.

• Informative
Reactions: OnBass
Awesome, thanks for sharing. We had a Tesla Destination Charger installed in our garage for our, now 1 year old, M3 and have not regretted it. It makes charging super easy and is a selling point when I talk to my friends about purchasing a electric vehicle.
Stay safe out there.

Congratulations! I'm glad it went smoothly. The blue looks very nice. I didn't see many (any?) at my dealer when I was selecting a color. I chose red, especially as it was the color of my first car in 1970- a Fiat 124 Spyder.

Good luck!

And stay safe and healthy.

Congratulation to your beautiful ride!