Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

She's finally here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they didn't call, text, or ring your doorbell to let you know it was delivered? How did they get you the 2 keycards to open up the car? How were the instructions for keying your phone to the car? I picked up my M3 almost 2 years ago and don't think I would've figured it out without help. As it was it took me forever to turn on autopilot (for the cruise control aspect on the freeway driving home). Didn't seem normal to hit the drive/reverse lever while driving over 50mph (would destroy an ice engine if you could do it).
I did have a missed call from a random number in the early AM. No messages or voice mail left behind..

FedEx envelope was left in the front seat. Inside was two key card and all the necessary documents that I need to sign and send back.

I opened it via my APP on my phone which instantly recognized my Y.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: destructure00
I ordered a Performance Model Y on Feb15th. and picked it up on March 29th. I wasn't as lucky as some that had perfect body panels and trouble free. For some unknown reason the fronk hood would not close and lock. Next the car would not except a charge and give me a warning sign saying can not charge. Both items were handled by the mobile tech in very professional manor. Most body panels were in alinement and the margins were good except the passenger door was badly out of alinement so the body trim didn't line up. For that fix I had to drive to the service center 75 mile from where I live. I didn't mind being I had the fun of driving the car there and back. The service center did an adjustment on the door and I was on my way in less then 30 minutes. Now the car is fixed and I have to say Tesla did a great job and stepped up to the plate View attachment 535468 making these repairs.
Glad to hear Tesla took care of the matter..

I got a p75d as a loaner. Great car but I miss my Y and its only been a few hours...

I ordered a Performance Model Y on Feb15th. and picked it up on March 29th. I wasn't as lucky as some that had perfect body panels and trouble free. For some unknown reason the fronk hood would not close and lock. Next the car would not except a charge and give me a warning sign saying can not charge. Both items were handled by the mobile tech in very professional manor. Most body panels were in alinement and the margins were good except the passenger door was badly out of alinement so the body trim didn't line up. For that fix I had to drive to the service center 75 mile from where I live. I didn't mind being I had the fun of driving the car there and back. The service center did an adjustment on the door and I was on my way in less then 30 minutes. Now the car is fixed and I have to say Tesla did a great job and stepped up to the plate View attachment 535468 making these repairs.
How in the world does someone build something like that? If it only took 30 minutes to repair, assuming that included getting tools, prepping, etc, why not take an extra 5 min. and build it correctly in the first place? That is a flaw that is easy to see, what can’t you see?

I took delivery of my MY this morning. This is my first Tesla ever and boy is there a learning curve to it. I spent the last few hours just playing around and understanding everything. Out of pure exciting, I can't wait to take it out for a few laps.

I originally had ordered BLK/white interior Induction LR. After a few calls to Tesla reps and reading all the threads on this forum, I had two things working against me; Black exterior and White interior as none of such been produced prior to the shutdown. Out of pure luck, this particular MY was available. So without hesitation, i took it.

Fast forward to today, I was originally told that it will be no contact drop off after 5pm. As I randomly looked out my front window this morning, I noticed a random MY View attachment 533750 View attachment 533751 View attachment 533752 parked in front of my neighbors house. Adding two and two together, it must be my MY and sure enough it is!

I can't stress how fortunate I am to get my MY especially during these rough times in our society. Point being, appreciate the small things in life. For those whom are still waiting and don't want to reconfigure, be patient and it will come...

Congratulations. I've just got my M3 and agree on the learning curve. One thing that I would say is that you have to be careful with Autopilot. It is interesting that as you get used to what it does you start to rely on it - you expect that it will slow you down. But if you aren't on Autopilot for whatever reason it is easy to think that you are and suddenly realize "hey this things not slowing down and I'm going fast! You sometimes have to have a split brain! Your buzz is starting, enjoy! Keith

Reactions: BMax_V.2
Congratulations. I've just got my M3 and agree on the learning curve. One thing that I would say is that you have to be careful with Autopilot. It is interesting that as you get used to what it does you start to rely on it - you expect that it will slow you down. But if you aren't on Autopilot for whatever reason it is easy to think that you are and suddenly realize "hey this things not slowing down and I'm going fast! You sometimes have to have a split brain! Your buzz is starting, enjoy! Keith
I easily see how one can fall victim to complacency with autopilot. As fancy as it is, my head is constantly on a swivel..

I took delivery of my MY this morning. This is my first Tesla ever and boy is there a learning curve to it. I spent the last few hours just playing around and understanding everything. Out of pure exciting, I can't wait to take it out for a few laps.

I originally had ordered BLK/white interior Induction LR. After a few calls to Tesla reps and reading all the threads on this forum, I had two things working against me; Black exterior and White interior as none of such been produced prior to the shutdown. Out of pure luck, this particular MY was available. So without hesitation, i took it.

Fast forward to today, I was originally told that it will be no contact drop off after 5pm. As I randomly looked out my front window this morning, I noticed a random MY View attachment 533750 View attachment 533751 View attachment 533752 parked in front of my neighbors house. Adding two and two together, it must be my MY and sure enough it is!

I can't stress how fortunate I am to get my MY especially during these rough times in our society. Point being, appreciate the small things in life. For those whom are still waiting and don't want to reconfigure, be patient and it will come...

Mymy what a beautiful Y

I did have a missed call from a random number in the early AM. No messages or voice mail left behind..

FedEx envelope was left in the front seat. Inside was two key card and all the necessary documents that I need to sign and send back.

I opened it via my APP on my phone which instantly recognized my Y.
ummmm interesting. you need your key card for the app to work!!!!

wow that sucks. i think the M3 was like that for the first 2 years

Congratulations! I'm glad it went smoothly. The blue looks very nice. I didn't see many (any?) at my dealer when I was selecting a color. I chose red, especially as it was the color of my first car in 1970- a Fiat 124 Spyder.

Good luck!

And stay safe and healthy.
I had a red 1966 Spyder too. Most fun car to drive I ever had(including two Teslas) I kept it over 20 years.

Fast forward to today, I was originally told that it will be no contact drop off after 5pm. As I randomly looked out my front window this morning, I noticed a random MY View attachment 533750 View attachment 533751 View attachment 533752 parked in front of my neighbors house. Adding two and twotogether, it must be my MY and sure enough it is!

I can't stress how fortunate I am to get my MY especially during these rough times in our society. Point being, appreciate the small things in life. For those whom are still waiting and don't want to reconfigure, be patient and it will come...[/QUOTE

Congrats! I still can’t figure out why (Y) I don’t have mine yet. I put a deposit on it a long time ago, chose a popular color (blue) and black interior. I ordered the all wheel drive extended range with auto pilot. Would not have thought this configuration would cause delays. Also, I already own a model S and I live less than 18 miles from the Fremont factory. Oh, well. Since my investment portfolio is down 20% maybe I don’t need another depreciable asset! Ha!

• Funny
Reactions: BMax_V.2