Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shipping an old school Tesla roadster to Oahu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suggestions? I was disappointed today that horizon refused to ship my Roadster due to lack of sufficient ground clearance. Clearly other Roadsters (and other low sports cars) have previously made it there. Any suggestions? Matson also quotes a required 6inch ground clearance. We measured 4inchesalthough the tech specs suggest a bit more but less than 6. Also welcome suggestions for where else to post the question.

Try Pasha, they offer roll on ships. I've shipped my Motorcycle with them but not a car.

from the pasha web site.
Pasha Hawaii offers standard vehicle transport service between our California and Hawaii Terminals (San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, Honolulu, Hilo, Kahului). Our price for Standard Service is $1100.
Pasha Hawaii defines a personal vehicle as any self propelled unit that measures less than the following: 21 feet 8 inches in length, and; 8 feet in width, and; 7 feet in height.

Just in case anyone else wants to know: Horizon was a complete fail. They initially booked the car and then refused for lack of 6 inch clearance. The car has way less. Something to do with the way they get the cars off the boat at Horizon, although was told would be no problem with Horizon if shipping to Alaska. Weird. Anyway, we went with Matson and shipped out of the port of Seattle. Tesla in Seattle was helpful in arranging this and it was the standard price of ~$1100 to ship the car. It arrived in about 2 weeks. No fuse was removed for shipping (they needed to drive the car on/off the boat) and there was no problem. From full charge, it was down to the 150s when we picked it up. No problems.

Just in case anyone else wants to know: Horizon was a complete fail. They initially booked the car and then refused for lack of 6 inch clearance. The car has way less. Something to do with the way they get the cars off the boat at Horizon, although was told would be no problem with Horizon if shipping to Alaska. Weird. Anyway, we went with Matson and shipped out of the port of Seattle. Tesla in Seattle was helpful in arranging this and it was the standard price of ~$1100 to ship the car. It arrived in about 2 weeks. No fuse was removed for shipping (they needed to drive the car on/off the boat) and there was no problem. From full charge, it was down to the 150s when we picked it up. No problems.

if you're free tomorrow, come join our meet up at Kakaako Waterfront Park at 11am. I'm sure everyone would love to see a roadster!

Glad to hear the shipping went well, even if it wasn't your first choice of shipper!