Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is caused by "oral" commitment from sales team earlier that Tesla will strictly make delivery in order of reservation. This wrong (or over) commitment doesn't comply with Tesla policy actually. The sales team was led by Kingston Chang who left as GM already. Right now, new GM Veronica Wu denied such commitment because there is no paper contract from Tesla to actually commit that. So some customers felt insulted and want to resort lawsuit. Elon should find a solution to coordinate this situation because those customers are true early adopter and enthusiastics in China.

Correct.
The writer puts some noise into the delivery process in China. I would say it confuses the public with the ''management conspiracy'' in Tesla.

However, I do not believe any conspiracy and management chaos exist in Tesla China team.
According to the news, I guess the reason that customers in Beijing and Shanghai have delivery priority is because they are more reachable for the technicians to install charging device. Tesla is new in China, and they have to satisfy the biggest urban area first.
Tesla said they want to setup the charging device before any car is delivered. This makes perfect sense. I think Tesla want to confirm the charging safety for any customer in China. They can not bear any risk that may cause the car on fire, any single problem with car safety will hurt the demand in China badly.
Another point, as I said before, Tesla did not guarantee the order of delivery in any legal format.

Elon may be challenged with the questions like this, I hope he can provide aggressive and concrete plan to develop the business in China. People in China like "face" a lot, and their patience is limited, although we fully acknowledge that Tesla is too young to serve a big body of potential buyers.

I don't think the news has really gotten out yet. Still time to load up for next week :)

i haven't seen it on any of the common news sites...yet

Yes, but I would think that the institutional investors would be well aware of this event. Obviously, Elon recognizes the importance of the Chinese market to Tesla future. That's why he is there for the first delivery and probably generate some free publicity as well.

Yes, but I would think that the institutional investors would be well aware of this event. Obviously, Elon recognizes the importance of the Chinese market to Tesla future. That's why he is there for the first delivery and probably generate some free publicity as well.
can not wait to see. hopefully he will be standing in front of a lot with hundreds of teslas parked there

Institutional investors already bought and holding. In fact I saw a report today that Fidelity Investments added to their TSLA holdings in Q1. It's mainly the bots and shorts that haven't gotten the news yet. Once bots start buying on good China news then shorts will have to start covering.

Did the same but with 210s for about a third of that price
Nicely done. I usually grab 2-3 strike prices away from current price as you smartly did. I did add a couple more at close to bring my average to $5.25 but admit you have more leverage!

- - - Updated - - -

Just did the same too. My options are losing money like usual, but I am doubling down for Elon in China. Could get swept away by Putin. Will see.

Yes. I think he is the wild card.

Last edited:
why is this article showing up in the yahoo finance list right now: Tesla burning! Another fire drill for investors - The Tell - MarketWatch

I saw it after having been away from my computer all day and thought "not again!" However, as I read the article i quickly realized it was old and scrolled back to the top to see the November 2013 date. Was this an attempt by someone to drive the share price down?

I have noticed that the claim that demand in the US has weakened due to less US sales has basically become accepted as fact in most if these types of articles. I find this very annoying as it should be so obvious to anyone who understands basic supply and demand laws that when supply is limited and the company is purposely moving more deliveries to other markets, then of course US sales will drop.

I hope Elon addresses this head-on in the Q2 conference call as it has become a bearish claim that mainstream media is accepting now without questioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.