Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
generally speaking, because it's a crook we'll be fine. We have a lot of days to absorb the news. I hope all live and that can serve as a testament to the vehicle. I also think the article about Veterans at Tesla can outweigh this bs as well.

Things were getting boring in the short term, this is the hot sauce we needed. Only question is do you like spicy food?

I agree. Maybe if the market was open today we would have seen some reactionary selling (would have been a good buying op. Considering the details (stolen, over 100 mph, car cut in half (wow)), then a fire and likely death to the driver would be expected. I read that he was dead but revived by paramedics and is now in critical condition. I would imagine he won't pull through or will be "brain dead" in the ICU.

I went to the crash site this morning. Spoke with a number of people that were awoken by the impact. They all agreed it was a tremendous impact/crash.

This has nothing to do with Tesla Motors.

The high speed crash in Mexico last year which followed the first road debris incident had little effect on the stock price. I doubt this high speed incident will either, especially after a long holiday weekend for investors to calm down and think rationally.

Monday morning there may be so many potential buyers hoping to take advantage of a dip that not much of a dip occurs. Of course the hedge funds might program their bots to scare out weak longs, as they often do during mornings. In that case a terrific buying opportunity could be presented.

I think whatever attempts on Seeking Alpha, Barrons/WSJ/Market Watch, etc. we may see to spin this as a Tesla problem will be readily recognized as being as disingenuous as NADA's talking points, and perhaps will backfire as NADA's actions generally have. The crash may highlight how safe the car actually is, and how "anything goes" is the rule of thumb for many of Tesla's detractors.

The high speed crash in Mexico last year which followed the first road debris incident had little effect on the stock price. I doubt this high speed incident will either, especially after a long holiday weekend for investors to calm down and think rationally.

Monday morning there may be so many potential buyers hoping to take advantage of a dip that not much of a dip occurs. Of course the hedge funds might program their bots to scare out weak longs, as they often do during mornings. In that case a terrific buying opportunity could be presented.

I wonder if it will go lower than the dip we saw on Thursday. If it does, I'll be sorry that I grabbed shares on Thursday. I agree that any dip on Monday should be short-lived (but I have been wrong before ).

Tesla Model S Crash In West Hollywood

First investment-related article I have seen on this crash. Fair, well-written article that doesn't FUD Tesla in any way. Hoping the market sees it this way too - wouldn't be surprised to see some BS FUD articles pop up over the weekend. Like "Tesla cut in half - obvious weakness in structure, could happen spontaneously while you are putting your newborn baby in its car seat - BEWARE!"

Tesla Model S Crash In West Hollywood

First investment-related article I have seen on this crash. Fair, well-written article that doesn't FUD Tesla in any way. Hoping the market sees it this way too - wouldn't be surprised to see some BS FUD articles pop up over the weekend. Like "Tesla cut in half - obvious weakness in structure, could happen spontaneously while you are putting your newborn baby in its car seat - BEWARE!"

Force equals mass times acceleration. This crash in not related in any way to Tesla Motors.

Maybe that for this reason on Monday the stock will go up?

as has been pointed out, plenty of time until Monday to digest this. I don't think this meaningfully affects even perception of Tesla or the stock (though the "no one ever died in a Tesla" has been a nice simple, clear safety statement Tesla has made use of which may no longer be valid). other than perhaps some hedge fund selling in the pre-market or early trading to make it look like there is an issue, I don't think TSLA will be affected, up or down. it will probably be it's typically volatile self on Monday without any reason to infer that this fire had any impact.

(though the "no one ever died in a Tesla" has been a nice simple, clear safety statement Tesla has made use of which may no longer be valid)

I expect that the new version of that statement will have to be: "There have been no deaths or serious injuries incurred in a Tesla Model S by any occupant wearing a seat belt".

I suspect, though this has yet to be verified, that the fatality resulting from this morning's crash was the person who was reported to have been "ejected" from the car during the crash. I do not see how someone could be thrown from a modern car if they are belted in, the seatbelt is in good working order, and the seat remains attached to the frame of the car. Since the Model S broke in two at some point well behind the front seats, I assume the front seats remained attached.

Let's hope for more detailed information soon.

as has been pointed out, plenty of time until Monday to digest this. I don't think this meaningfully affects even perception of Tesla or the stock (though the "no one ever died in a Tesla" has been a nice simple, clear safety statement Tesla has made use of which may no longer be valid). other than perhaps some hedge fund selling in the pre-market or early trading to make it look like there is an issue, I don't think TSLA will be affected, up or down. it will probably be it's typically volatile self on Monday without any reason to infer that this fire had any impact.

As I noted earlier Tesla Motors shares close up 0.65% in Frankfurt today. That market closed at 11:30 am EDT in plenty of time to consider the news.

So far this incident is being treated as a local event by the media in southern California. It doesn't seem to be grabbing much wider attention, unless we count this Tesla Motors Club message board.

Eventually Tesla was going to have another fire in the news. I am glad to see that the length of time between this fire and the last fire is many months, and I am glad to see that the next fire came out of inappropriate driving and extreme crash conditions.

I think this bodes well for tesla. It reminds the public that these cars do contain a lot of energy, and just like all cars they will release that energy. We will eventually need to get to the point that ICE cars are at, where a crash and fire doesn't trigger a news event. This is one step closer to that. I think this is good because the focus is not on how a normal person could be hurt driving a tesla in normal conditions, but rather just reminds people that cars contain energy and when crashed against a concrete wall that energy can be released. The length of time since the last fire reminds us all that this is a very, very safe vehicle.

When there are no fires, you will forever be holding your breath just waiting for that inevitable first fire to happen. If there is a fire once every year or so, as there will be, it becomes a non-event.

Crash Scene VideoCams

Eventually Tesla was going to have another fire in the news. I am glad to see that the length of time between this fire and the last fire is many months, and I am glad to see that the next fire came out of inappropriate driving and extreme crash conditions.

I think this bodes well for tesla. It reminds the public that these cars do contain a lot of energy, and just like all cars they will release that energy. We will eventually need to get to the point that ICE cars are at, where a crash and fire doesn't trigger a news event. This is one step closer to that. I think this is good because the focus is not on how a normal person could be hurt driving a tesla in normal conditions, but rather just reminds people that cars contain energy and when crashed against a concrete wall that energy can be released. The length of time since the last fire reminds us all that this is a very, very safe vehicle.

When there are no fires, you will forever be holding your breath just waiting for that inevitable first fire to happen. If there is a fire once every year or so, as there will be, it becomes a non-event.

I visited the crash site this morning. The debris field spreads between the synagogue, a McDonalds and up La Brea Avenue to the Ralph's grocery. During the dawn hours of July 4th I can only imagine security cameras were turned on. The investigation should prove interesting.

One way to pivot from this story is to point out that this was the result of a high speed police chase. It is very questionable for the police to engage in a high speed pursuit in the simple case of a stolen vehicle. This sort of poor judgment puts the public at unnecessary risk as we see in this case resulting in multiple vehicle crashes. This is not a story about Tesla. This is a story about poor police judgment pursuing a stolen vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.