Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The note was issued today, the factory visit was few days prior. Since the note says that "Within the next week or so, the production capacity will probably reach 800 cars per week" , they think that 800cars/week will be hit this week.

Was just pointing out it was another point of confirmation that they were a little slow starting the factory back up.

Was just pointing out it was another point of confirmation that they were a little slow starting the factory back up.

If TM will meet the guidance for Q3, the silver lining in being little slow starting the factory back up is that this means that they will be at a higher than otherwise production at the end of Q3, perhaps setting themselves up for going above 1000 in Q4... :biggrin:

New article at Quartz: "The Story of Elon Musk and GM's Race to Build the First Mass Market Electric Car"

First, the title is weird. Note how they position it as Elon Musk versus GM. Shouldn't it be Tesla vs. GM, or Musk vs. GM's CEO?

The article claims GM's working on a $35K pure-electric vehicle that will get 200mi on one charge. Oh? Is that a fact? Frankly I don't remember hearing about that before. Is this breaking news, possibly with impact to the price of TSLA, that GM's going head-to-head against Tesla Model 3? Were others here aware of this?

+1.

But QUOTE:"Tesla has 2 categories of In-Motion Batteries". Well Tesla developed and produced 5 types of drivetrains and battery packs. Roadster, Smart ED, RAV4 EV, Model S, B-Class ED. So Tesla's portfolio of in-motion batteries is much bigger.

Those are so low volume that they probably make a year's supply in one month... I doubt the seriously set aside a pot of space for those.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I believe they were talking about their current factory production... Which would exclude the roadster as well as probably the RAV4... Just saying.

I'm not a lawyer, etc, but one thing I wonder about the Street Insider piece... all these factory details are eye-openers, particularly I bet to those who've done the tour in the past after first signing an NDA. (How the heck did this analyst get to reveal these details? No NDA?)

Is it not the case that the way NDAs usually work is that "confidential information" is info which is not already public. Well, that article seems to have disclosed a lot of until-now non-public information. If it's now public, then if others see or hear this information on future tours it'd be interesting to get further confirmation. Wondering if confirming a particular claim made in this article, based on subsequent factory tours, would be kosher or violate the NDA?

I'm not a lawyer, etc, but one thing I wonder about the Street Insider piece... all these factory details are eye-openers, particularly I bet to those who've done the tour in the past after first signing an NDA. (How the heck did this analyst get to reveal these details? No NDA?)

Is it not the case that the way NDAs usually work is that "confidential information" is info which is not already public. Well, that article seems to have disclosed a lot of until-now non-public information. If it's now public, then if others see or hear this information on future tours it'd be interesting to get further confirmation. Wondering if confirming a particular claim made in this article, based on subsequent factory tours, would be kosher or violate the NDA?

Think that Tesla allowed the release of the news. Otherwise it would a violation.

You claim that Tesla is producing QUOTE: "Utility/Grid: > 400 Kwh" packs? I highly doubt that.

you should not. The note did not say "packs", they mentioned "batteries". Tesla motors already have these large batteries installed at their factory and one of the superchargers, to manage peak load. According to the JB presentation to Stanford students they also have 600kWh mobile battery units.

Pure speculation on my part....But, with some of the negative threads/comments about delays in deliveries since the new line opened if I were TM I would do the old 'wink-wink' about the NDA with the analyst expecting his report to counter any concerns.

Here is another confirmation that factory is currently running at about 800 cars/week, from Motley Fool. The article is dated8/24 and was written based on a visit to the factory post - production upgrade. Notable quotes:

Moreover, Tesla Motors' chief executive Elon Musk is confident that this capacity upgrade will allow Tesla to make more than 35,000 Model S cars this year.

By adding more automation to its assembly line, Tesla will be capable of producing more than 1,000 vehicles per week, up from its current rate of around 800 cars a week.

Read more: 3 Surprising Things You May Not Know About Tesla Motors Massive California Factory - NASDAQ.com

Live Stream from ONS 2014

If anyone is interested Elon will be speaking at "one of the key industry exhibitions and conferences for the offshore oil and gas industry [which will] be held in Stavanger from 25th to 28th August 2014:" Tesla CEO Elon Musk to speak at ONS
God morgen etter Norge! Are there norwegian Model S owners who are attending ONS 2014 to watch Elon speak? Is there a possibility to set up a livestream to watch Elon? THNX in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.