Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My speculation on options lineup:
85D
P85
P85D
P85+
P85D+

P95D+ (???) I think that 110 is unlikely, 95 would be next iteration of cell, same format, higher volumetric energy density.

My speculation on TSLA: nothing spectacular, but we are heading back into the channel, pronto

Fidelity 2014-10-01 Candlestick Chart.png

Last edited:
For the record, I don't think anyone guessed the "secret R&D" spending was another model. This is pretty great no matter what it is... I am betting the "other thing" is the Model X reveal, right? right? or just the driver assist stuff which hasn't really seen public release yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Engadget has immediately joined into the speculation suggesting it might be a smaller SUV that will join the Model 3 on release... this at least makes sense since we know they have talked about it in the past in passing. I think I like this idea and fits with things that has been suggested previously here.

Elon Musk teases Tesla 'D' unveiling on October 9th

Sorry forgot to post the article.

If this is it, I'm in for one.

Here is my speculation:

"D" is the fourth letter of the alphabet, the square root of 4 is 2. Two definitely refers to dual motors. duh.

The more important question is where the "D" will go in the badge? PD85+ or P85+D or something else?

In his tweet, he says he is glad he didn't say the other letter. I think the only politically correct and mainstream double entendre that would fit the bill would be another D. Double D's, haha, big boobs. Would he really bring attention to the other letter if it was P (Double Penetration) or some of the other examples people have been giving, I think not. The second D would refer to the drivers assist options that have already been revealed on some newer cars.

I wonder if the decision to unveil the D was contingent on making delivery guidance. Otherwise, if Q3 was setting up to be a disappointment, Tesla would have wanted to announce the D closer to ER.
I think more along the lines of if they did miss or there was a chance they could miss they didn't want to give the impression they weren't 100% focused on meeting guidance at the end of the quarter. So miss or no miss I'm sure the date would be the same.

Well,

had the price been weakening enough by yesterday afternoon to announce something exiting?

Who were the lucky ones to know something yesterday afternoon and buy back in the last half hour?

The buying decision was pretty easy.

I bought back in yesterday morning with my ira saying I was pleased with this price. I bought a few March calls too in my trading account. Had I known this I would have bought all weeklies. Wish I had known.

The people looking at the typography of the D have it right. It's a new version of model S akin to P85, etc. D for Dual is by far most credible suggestion. I would guess that the 'other letter' Elon tweeted about could be X. (X-rated jokes, etc.) This might be the model X Beta. It's time. (Maybe they want to slightly downplay it in favor of D, because the D can be delivered Q4, whereas the X cannot....)

Status
Not open for further replies.