Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1.

Plus, we don't yet know the level of customer loss due to fire FUD. The other day some guy walked up to me in parking lot as I was getting into my S. He says nice car, etc. We chit chat about Tesla. Then he points to a Maserati in the lot and says he just got it instead of a Model S because he had heard they easily catch on fire. I told him not true and that he'd prolly regret not buying Tesla.

Remember to steeple your fingers and glower ominously after you say that. :|

They didn't get my feedback, which would be, make the falcon wing doors optional. (ducking)

If they announce that the falcon wing doors are optional on the X I will do two things, put a down payment on one... and buy more TSLA! The Falcon wings are a deal breaker for us, we need an SUV that can actually do the "sport" part, not just a fandangled minivan. getting in to the third row of seats easily is way down on the priority list compared to getting kayaks on top, screw the kids, LOL! (double ducking)

If they announce that the falcon wing doors are optional on the X I will do two things, put a down payment on one... and buy more TSLA! The Falcon wings are a deal breaker for us, we need an SUV that can actually do the "sport" part, not just a fandangled minivan. getting in to the third row of seats easily is way down on the priority list compared to getting kayaks on top, screw the kids, LOL! (double ducking)

Not gonna happen IMO, if Falcon doors (the X in Model X) are deal breaker, then look to move on to next best ICE or wait 3-4 years for GenIII smaller version. My best guess is you won't be a customer or a buyer of additional stock.

I might be wrong, but I hope I'm right in that I like the Falcon wing doors (fandaglement of a minivan) and getting into 3rd row (I don't Kayak, but do ski).

If they announce a Falcon doors are optional, I won't pay for them and I'll sell some TSLA stock... just sayin'. :)

Not gonna happen IMO, if Falcon doors (the X in Model X) are deal breaker, then look to move on to next best ICE or wait 3-4 years for GenIII smaller version. My best guess is you won't be a customer or a buyer of additional stock.

I might be wrong, but I hope I'm right in that I like the Falcon wing doors (fandaglement of a minivan) and getting into 3rd row (I don't Kayak, but do ski).

If they announce a Falcon doors are optional, I won't pay for them and I'll sell some TSLA stock... just sayin'. :)

Why would you sell if they have that as an option?

Why would you sell if they have that as an option?

Because it means a signifant backtrack. Non Falcon wing would be standard with Falcon wing as an option. I think the Falcon wing doors are signatore to Model X, providing the unique access features (beyond EV of course). In my mind a reversal to traditional doors and option for f-wing would signal a reversal in advanced human design, not to mention a significant reversal in engineering design. An option for traditional doors would produce a different situation IMO, but that wasn't the presumption in the post. Based on Elon presentation, I see the Falcon Doors as a signifamt human design differentiator designed into the product brand (access, and full height stand to second row etc).

My opinion is we won't even see traditional doors as an option, but if traditional doors are made standard and falcon are optional, that's a major switch that would reduce my confidence level and cause me too sell position (not all, but some).

Because it means a signifant backtrack. Non Falcon wing would be standard with Falcon wing as an option. I think the Falcon wing doors are signatore to Model X, providing the unique access features (beyond EV of course). In my mind a reversal to traditional doors and option for f-wing would signal a reversal in advanced human design, not to mention a significant reversal in engineering design. An option for traditional doors would produce a different situation IMO, but that wasn't the presumption in the post. Based on Elon presentation, I see the Falcon Doors as a signifamt human design differentiator designed into the product brand (access, and full height stand to second row etc).

My opinion is we won't even see traditional doors as an option, but if traditional doors are made standard and falcon are optional, that's a major switch that would reduce my confidence level and cause me too sell position (not all, but some).

I remember Elon talking about the falcon doors and the issue of being able to carry equipment on the roof. It was long ago, probably back in 2012, so I don't remember all he said but what I do remember is that he said something along the lines of that they are aware of the issue and that they were trying to engineer it in a way so that you could still carry some equipment on the roof.

I remember Elon talking about the falcon doors and the issue of being able to carry equipment on the roof. It was long ago, probably back in 2012, so I don't remember all he said but what I do remember is that he said something along the lines of that they are aware of the issue and that they were trying to engineer it in a way so that you could still carry some equipment on the roof.
Flacon wing doors are the main reason I put a downpayment on the X already. Functionally my wife's life will be so much better for putting our kids into their car seas and taking them out.

I agree, if they try to make everyone happy, they won't be able to make some people ecstatic. falcon all the way!
Looks like some big buyers may have caught wind of this new announcement already and is causing the big buying right now. There is no volume so just buying a few hundred thousand shares is driving up the price massively (I suspect a lot of HFT algos and MMs probably are being hands off with TSLA today as they don't want to lose money either on a large directional movement).

i put a sell order in last night with a limit of $7 on my weekly $147s i bought yesterday and it looks like i hit the peak exactly. lucky me. not a bad 150% gain in 24 hours. This probably put me back in the green when it comes to day trading TSLA haha, sure is a bumpy road.

By the way, I heard from a source in the company that today's "all hands meeting" is a routine annual affair, and that remote employees tune in via a private webcast. As to the content of the meeting including any announcements, who knows. But it sounded pretty ordinary. Anyone heard anything to the contrary?

By the way, I heard from a source in the company that today's "all hands meeting" is a routine annual affair, and that remote employees tune in via a private webcast. As to the content of the meeting including any announcements, who knows. But it sounded pretty ordinary. Anyone heard anything to the contrary?

For what it is worth, fryfrye sources (three at different locations) assumed that the meeting is linked with "big news".

News week of Jan 6? - Page 2

While I understand your point, and agree that falcon doors have a definite cool / functional aspect, they are most certainly not perfect.

One concern that may make this a deal-breaker for my wife is that we live in Montreal, and have to contend with real winter weather. What happens while driving around here is that slushy dirty snow accumulates at the bottom edge of the doors. I can easily imagine said slush dripping / falling in clumps on the heads of people getting in or out of open falcon doors.

This is not a theoretical concern, it already happens with the trunk hatch of our minivan, which is significantly higher off the ground than the falcon doors would be.

Since Tesla want to sell cars throughout the world, they have to pay a little more attention to cold-weather design concerns than they did with the Model S. I absolutely love my car, but if you look at the winter driving threads, you will see that there a lot of small details that engineers in sunny California simply did / do not think of.

To get back on topic, having optional falcon doors would most certainly not make me sell my TSLA, and may allow me to go EV-only with a wife-approved model X! :smile:

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
At least for 2017. I Will campaign for the greens to keep them after that as well. But they will not be as good. However gas is super expensive and electric power is dirt cheap so GEN3 will sell a lot no matter what!
News coverage showed parking lots for EVs in Norway recently. Something there said that most spots are now filling up as new EVs are purchased. Will the communities add more parking in Oslo and elsewhere as thousands of new cars come to the country? Sounds fantastic and would be great to see such adoption here in the USA. And, isn't it late at night there now for you? Are you a late night person or work overnights?

Status
Not open for further replies.