Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever the reason for today's choppy price action, I miss the days that TSLA defied the market. Hell, TSLA should be defying the market since Q4 ER but it obviously isn't.

Missing those days too, I think in the short term come TSLA will trade on news or just follow the market...everyone is holding out for earnings

Here is to a beat like most of the SP500 has done so far....

From the proxy filed today one of Musk's vesting milestones is listed as complete: "Completion of the first Model X Production Vehicle.".

What constitutes completion of the first production model?

This one?

Tweets / All / No replies

It was initially reported here http://www.weibo.com/ijia360
there was a short articlewhich I am unable to find at the moment

Thank you, CanCooo1. Here's how one of those posts appears in English through Google Translate:

Latest news, Tesla Shanghai will be free on the card! Tesla Motors will enter Shanghai on new energy vehicles free license licensing policy. In 2014, Shanghai will set aside 3,000 free licenses to import pure electric car, which is the first time such policies on foreign imports of pure electric vehicles open, greatly promoted the development of the electric vehicle industry in the Chinese market, China is pushing to achieve an important step in the new energy vehicles.

From the way I read it, it seems that the Chinese gov already made changes to their policy for car imports, to promote Tesla sales. This is significant milestone achievement. :biggrin:

In my understanding it is more like a welcome gift. According to the press release after the high level meetings of Elon Musk with the Minister of Industry and the Minister of Technology the central government is working on real preferences for Tesla.

By the way I have the feeling that the Chinese firewall is working both ways. Almost nothing which I was able to find in China for Tesla is not reported from the mass media.

Shanghai sales will surge to use up those 3000 free plates quickly, which costs about $15K to $20k for gasoline car. If I remember correctly Hangzhou also consider preferential treatment to imported EV, some other cities with Tesla store might follow up.

Here is the link from Sina news http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2014-04-24/21201289668.shtml . Shanghai will provide 3000 free plate for imported EV. This is great news.

Maoing: Thank you for all your work on bringing not only the news from China but insight into culture there. So, if I understand correctly, the central government will be responsible for any
import tax breaks but all the local 'providences' are responsible for attaching 'plate' costs to registering the cars and/or making a certain number of 'free plates' available?

If many providences follow Shanghai, then the demand/reservations for the model S will surge.

We are impatient beings in the US. If reservations in China surge, will Chinese reservation holders be willing to wait a year for their cars?

AIMC: you are welcome.

With traffic jam and air pollution in most of major cities, more and more cities tighten the release of license plates to gasoline cars while it's free for domestic EV with certain quote. It's first time to see local government (Shanghai) to give such preferential treatmen to Tesla (Beijing declined earlier). Even other cities don't follow, 3000 plates in Shanghai in 2014 is already a big challenge for Tesla to fulfill the delivery. Another big potential news is lowering or waiving tariff for imported EV as reported from news when Musk met with senior Chinese ministers. Let's keep finger crossed.

Maoing: Thank you for all your work on bringing not only the news from China but insight into culture there. So, if I understand correctly, the central government will be responsible for any
import tax breaks but all the local 'providences' are responsible for attaching 'plate' costs to registering the cars and/or making a certain number of 'free plates' available?

If many providences follow Shanghai, then the demand/reservations for the model S will surge.

We are impatient beings in the US. If reservations in China surge, will Chinese reservation holders be willing to wait a year for their cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.