Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schwab, but it's a Reuters report, based on 11 analysts who go unnamed.

In a growth company like Tesla, they are deferring earnings in the near term in favor of investing in growth which will pay off in spades in the future.

Earnings estimates for the year are going down because of this 'reckless' growth, but notice that none of the analysts are downgrading the stock?
If anything I would suspect some analysts may soon raise price targets based on their 5 year DCF models....or they may wait another quarter or two of numbers from Tesla first (not earnings numbers, but revenue growth and gross margins and to make sure things are on track still for the GigaFactory)

This his is a once in a lifetime growth stock unfolding here before our eyes.

Well Excuuuuuuuse, Me. (I kid, I kid!).
This is instantly what I imagined :)
tumblr_inline_mfbm5o6CiR1qd76gr.gif

Robert: I agree. I don't know why people get all happy for positive earnings that are crazy high... shouldn't they be sticking money back into the company to grow it?

This is what I call strength. All averages are headed down and TSLA is staying put on no news.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, FB, NFLX, and AMZN are all down. In my mind if this sticks for the day people with May 30 calls @200 will end up in the money soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course full disclosure I also said I was super bullish and we'd be at 350 by the end of August. Could still happen, but I think that is fairly unlikely at this point. But, of course, I am almost always wrong with predictions or at least wrong half the time.

This is what I call strength. All averages are headed down and TSLA is staying put on no news.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, FB, NFLX, and AMZN are all down. In my mind if this sticks for the day people with May 30 calls @200 will end up in the money soon.

It's still a little early to call it. We saw the same thing yesterday, but had a weird spike in the middle of the day to bring us back up.

Institutional ownership of TSLA as displayed by Google Finance changed from 60% the other day to 69% today. Quite a drastic change.

Does anyone know where Google gets this information from? Is there a primary source for the institutional ownership of a stock, like there is for the short interest, for example?

Thanks, guys.

This is interesting. Overall, institutional investors saw a net inflow of 14m shares, out of which 10.5m were increases of existing positions, while 3.5m were new positions. Positions being liquidated accounted for less than 1m shares.

CNBC keeps repeating how investors "are moving out" of momentum stocks, including Tesla, glossing over the fact that every sell is matched by a buy. What in fact happened was that retail investors handed 14m shares over to institutions at low prices. This lends some credence to the theory that all the negative coverage after the ER was a concerted talking down of the stock, in order to get it on-the-cheap from the weak longs.

Nasdaq doesn't show how this percentage evolved over time, but I don't remember ever seeing it this high, at 69%. Who have been the informed traders lately? I'm betting on the buyers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.