Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a video of a WSJ reporter interviewing someone from Consumer Reports today.

Really put things in context... guy from CR says these are not issues of a degree that would make a consumer not buy the car, and that they've kept the Model S longer than they generally keep cars, basically because everyone there loves the car so much.

Video - Consumer Reports: Reliability Issues Plague Tesla Model S Electric Car - WSJ.com

And yet... the link title says that WSJ has a biased opinion already about this... that or they are just going for the click bait... sigh. And of course reading through most of the comments on these various "news articles" also shows plenty of haters out there ready to continue slamming against the stock.

My interpretation is that TSLA is at the top of its channel right now. Those two channels above it represent overbought/exuberant conditions and is a time when you should be selling, hedging, or maxing out on covered calls.

I tend to agree, but not necessarily about the action to take. We have spent considerable time in those top two channels in the past...

- - - Updated - - -

Update on the hourly, looks like we bounced off the bottom of the blue and/or purple channel.

9DK9DXzo.png

We have to form the cup handle first :smile:

Note how the break out for the small (1 month and a half) cup brings us right to the handle area of the large (5.5 month cup)

I would be really curious to see if any of the analysts will issue any notes today-tomorrow... JP Morgan perhaps...

View attachment 56307

Good point on the cup. But doesn't this mean that a 10%-15% pullback is imminent to actually form the handle?

I actually think it may backfire. I can imagine the chorus of detractors calling Tesla hypocrites for not following the same rules as everyone else for environmental protection. And the thing is, they'd be right.

I hope it's only about speeding things up, and not actually allowing them to do things that the law prevents other businesses from doing. Mind you, I find it hard to believe Tesla would pollute with impunity, but in the meantime, they'll get flak for it.

It's just roaring along guys. I really expected a -1% drop today (and seemed to be right up until the end of the day) just to take a breather. It is incredibly bullish that it ended up green. I expect an up day tomorrow (if the market doesn't provide headwind) and I think I am not alone; since people seemed to want to get in before the day was done.

it would be interesting to see if resistance forms at this ATH-ish point, then it could go sideways for a bit before breaking up or down... that would be a reasonable thing to expect. But I see none of it in the charts yet. If it does have a nice ~+1% day tomorrow, that is a hugely bullish sign that we are in breakthrough territory. And, we essentially got a preview in the last few minutes today.

I actually think it may backfire. I can imagine the chorus of detractors calling Tesla hypocrites for not following the same rules as everyone else for environmental protection. And the thing is, they'd be right.

I hope it's only about speeding things up, and not actually allowing them to do things that the law prevents other businesses from doing. Mind you, I find it hard to believe Tesla would pollute with impunity, but in the meantime, they'll get flak for it.

Tesla will need to release an environment study explaining why, even if it damages the environment now, it'll be a net benefit to the environment 5 years down the road. It is a fight for public relations once the factory gets the go ahead.

it would be interesting to see if resistance forms at this ATH-ish point, then it could go sideways for a bit before breaking up or down... that would be a reasonable thing to expect. But I see none of it in the charts yet. If it does have a nice ~+1% day tomorrow, that is a hugely bullish sign that we are in breakthrough territory. And, we essentially got a preview in the last few minutes today.

I noticed that too. Big volume and it pushed back into the green. I took some profits? off the table as I was really kicking myself for having put most of my winnings from the last run up to 265. Had I put everything into ITM J16's, I would have been totally fine. Instead I paid the time price and lost value over the last few months between Jul/Jan Calls and have only just gotten back to a point where I'm okay selling things at a small loss, which is really just less profit.

I've now got cash and ITM LEAPS. Bring it.

True, agreed, but also realize that tesla will get flak for it regardless. I know tons if people, even scientifically minded environmental types, who routinely parrot the idea that the batteries are bad for the environment, unrecyclable, cause damage when disposed, etc, none of which are true. Just in case anyone here doesn't know, btw, Li ion batteries are completely non toxic.

True, agreed, but also realize that tesla will get flak for it regardless. I know tons if people, even scientifically minded environmental types, who routinely parrot the idea that the batteries are bad for the environment, unrecyclable, cause damage when disposed, etc, none of which are true. Just in case anyone here doesn't know, btw, Li ion batteries are completely non toxic.
Sure, but I'm not referring to the batteries themselves. I'm thinking of any waste generated by the production process, or whether large quantities of water are necessary. I confess I don't know enough about this. The optics could be bad, though.

It seems to me that California is hungry for blood and is pulling all the stops to land the battery factory. In 2014-Q2 conference call, Elon said he wanted to make sure that the gigafactory deal was fair and compelling to both parties. He didn't want a one-sided deal that only benefited Tesla. I, too, can't imagine Tesla polluting the land with un-(renewable|recyclable|sustainable) waste. Unless, of course, something blasphemous happens like him no longer being the CEO.

Wow, unexpected strength in the face of what looked like a typical "Tesla Tuesday"! I saw $260 in after-hours trading. Posts in the Model X forum appear to indicate that Model X components have been produced, so it's probably only a matter of time before we see them driving around on the street... which will only boost the shares higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.