Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, I just didn't have access to the information off hand in order to get the details of it. One final point of clarification there is a 10 year limit on the package (sorry it wasn't 5, but there is a limit). I don't know if it is stated in any of the current 10Q's but if you go back to the original 10Q posted here: Tesla Motors - Quarterly Report you will find this tidbit:

The term of the CEO Grant will be ten years, so that if any vesting tranches remain unvested after expiration of the CEO Grant, they will be forfeited. In addition, Mr. Musk will forfeit any unvested options if he is terminated as CEO of the Company, whether for cause or otherwise.

To save you a lot of searching, all of the information is on page 77 of the linked document and here is the full list of requirements to be met (note we have only met 1 of these requirements thus far):

Successful completion of the Model X Engineering Prototype (Alpha); Successful completion of the Model X Vehicle Prototype (Beta);
Completion of the first Model X Production Vehicle;
Successful completion of the Gen III Engineering Prototype (Alpha);
Successful completion of the Gen III Vehicle Prototype (Beta);
Completion of the first Gen III Production Vehicle;
Gross margin of 30% or more for four consecutive quarters;
Aggregate vehicle production of 100,000 vehicles;
Aggregate vehicle production of 200,000 vehicles; and
Aggregate vehicle production of 300,000 vehicles.

We actually have enough valuation for them to execute on 7 of the conditions (if I am doing the math correctly) and it is unlikely we will hit some of these milestones until 2016 at the soonest (300k vehicles and the Gen 3 stuff) so I take back anything I was saying earlier on them trying to push the stock up to meet those option executions.

What I was implying about it affecting the stock price was the company using TA to help edge the price up so they could meet the conditions necessary to execute on the vestments... but since they have plenty of market cap to execute the 4 that they see upcoming soon there is no reason they would inflate the stock price at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there are other requirements to get full payout, with 300,000 units annual production rate and 30% gross margins being hardest to meet.

It isn't annual production it is aggregate production... so wouldn't that mean as soon as they make 300,000 units? We are in the 50s right now, next year we will break 100k (Probably in the spring) and then probably the spring of the following year we will be at 200k, and then 300k one year after that (give or take)... unless I don't understand the definition of "aggregate production"?

Given that the US markets will be closed for Labor Day, I will be quite interested to see how Tesla trades in Frankfurt on Monday.

Can someone recommend a good website for watching the Frankfurt exchange? And what symbol does Tesla trade under? Thanks.

I also wonder if Frankfurt traders and New York traders process the news differently and if this might explain differing overnight and trading day price movements.

Last edited:
Given that the US markets will be closed for Labor Day, I will be quite interested to see how Tesla trades in Frankfurt on Monday.

Can someone recommend a good website for watching the Frankfurt exchange? And what symbol does Tesla trade under? Thanks...

A google search for "tesla frankfurt stock exchange quote" loads quickly and puts a graph up top.

Good afternoon from EU.

There is a website straight from the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The link is Tesla Motors Corp WKN A1CX3T. google this WKN you'll get Tesla Motors. A1CX3T is german for TSLA.
Aktien | Disclaimer Open Market | Brse Frankfurt

Click on "Ich stimme zu" (Advices on stocks and trading)
You'll see Überblick - Overview, underneath is Xetra 0900 am - 0535pm, next is Frankfurt 0800am - 0800pm.
Kurshistorie gets you each single trade (pieces,price) on Xetra and Frankfurt.

Got it?

Can someone recommend a good website for watching the Frankfurt exchange? And what symbol does Tesla trade under? Thanks.

I also wonder if Frankfurt traders and New York traders process the news differently and if this might explain differing overnight and trading day price movements.
finance.yahoo.com ticker symbol tl0.f will do it

Good afternoon from EU.

There is a website straight from the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The link is Tesla Motors Corp WKN A1CX3T. google this WKN you'll get Tesla Motors. A1CX3T is german for TSLA.
Aktien | Disclaimer Open Market | Brse Frankfurt

Click on "Ich stimme zu" (Advices on stocks and trading)
You'll see Überblick - Overview, underneath is Xetra 0900 am - 0535pm, next is Frankfurt 0800am - 0800pm.
Kurshistorie gets you each single trade (pieces,price) on Xetra and Frankfurt.

Got it?

I get the feeling that my link is either too difficult or simply not appreciated, i will stop posting for the next future.

I just computed TSLA performance following a Monday holiday for 2013 and 2014. Overall, the record for Tuesdays after holidays is quite positive, with some really big days. It's no sure bet, though, as last year's Labor Day shows.

TSLA performance on Tuesdays following holiday Mondays- 2013-2014

Monday Holiday Trend Prev Friday....Tuesday Performance
Jan 21, 2013 ..Down ................Up 1.8%
Feb 18, 2013 ..Down ................Up 5.1%
May 27, 2013 ..Way up ..............Up 8.6%
Sept 2, 2013 ..Up ..................Down 2.6%
Jan 20, 2014 ..Slightly down .......Up 3.2%
Feb 17, 2014 ..Slightly up .........Down 0.8%
May 26, 2014 ..Up ..................Up 1.5%

Last edited:
Here are some observations from looking at various TSLA weekly charts.

1. 8 week moving average chart - we've had 2 downtrends (Nov-Dec, April-May).
8day.png

2. 20 week moving average chart - we've had 2 periods of consolidation (Nov-Feb, July-August).
20day.png

3. 40 week moving average chart - continuous uptrend.
40day.png

We often talk about TSLA being a volatile stock. However, when you step back and take a longer view (ie., 40 week moving average) then TSLA has been a steady riser. Just perspective I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.