Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those wondering, this was the tweet which appeared on the Bloomberg feed and cited as the source of the rumor. Personally I'm pretty skeptical of its credibility.

Open Outcrier on Twitter:

openoutcrier only has 10k followers, not sure if that's enough to move the share price, but can't hurt that AAPL has been in the Tesla conversation lately. It makes sense for AAPL to invest though, pretty much in the way Microsoft bought 2% of FB 3-5 years before its IPO

openoutcrier only has 10k followers, not sure if that's enough to move the share price, but can't hurt that AAPL has been in the Tesla conversation lately. It makes sense for AAPL to invest though, pretty much in the way Microsoft bought 2% of FB 3-5 years before its IPO

I trade off breaking news, OpenOutcrier isn't reporting this first. It's making the rounds on trading desks.

Hmmm. Old news and new news.

It says that the Acquisition head from Apple visited TSLA last spring. And the top exec had a meeting.

Then there's a confidential order from SEC on its 10k going around the rumour mill CT ORDER CONFIDENTIAL Treatment order

I see this application to extend confidentiality around 10-Q and 10-K forms from 2011/2012, but not for any new documents. Was there anything else lately regarding confidentiality of the most recent filing (it is odd it's not available)?
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/999999999715001512/filename1.pdf

At this point. Even if the rumours are not true. It is becoming a tail wag the head event.

The amount of news coverage asking TSLA and APPL to kiss is probably making both CEOs to seriously consider it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I'd be very happy with an apple strategic investment. This is want I wanted: a minority investment.

Ii do NOT want a buyout (and not that that could happen)

Well the info I saw says order filed on 2/24/15

I have for a very long time been in the "Apple will not buy Tesla" camp. That said, I'm OK with a strategic investment of say...10% or so. I am also OK with Apple becoming a Gigafactory partner. This was discussed once before, but I couldn't really see a reason for them to "donate" money to the project. However, now that we know they are working on an EV of their own, well, they have to get their batteries from somewhere.

The amount of news coverage asking TSLA and APPL to kiss is probably making both CEOs to seriously consider it.

Meh, they'll do it if it makes sense financially for each side to do so. See this article about Musk and Jony Ive leaving the Oscar's afterparty together at 5am:
iClarified - Apple News - Jonathan Ive and Elon Musk Spotted Deep in Conversation at Oscars After-Party

Hello wall street. I wish you guys would weigh in with insider knowledge from time to time. Though I know that is probably not possible.

I'm completely an independent trader, I wait for patterns I like and go for 2% with a 2% stop loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.