Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am cautiously optimistic about TSLA Wednesday, especially considering that it dropped off on Tuesday.

Ordinarily I would say investors would "sell on the news," but I think this was a strong launch event, and has a lot of appeal for the Chinese market (which will eventually come back to its former strength) I mean, that air filter thing... that was like the size of a surfboard!!!

the car is simply beautiful. What I personally like the most is the omission of the initially presented Model S-like front. The black part which obviously should be seen as a virtual radiotor grill is now gone. If I would have a Model S, I would defenitely put another color on it, the color of the exterior unless the car is black.

but, I still don't get the 2nd - 3rd row features with 6 or 7 seat versions...

The all-wheel-drive SUV can be ordered in either six- or
seven-seat versions. While the two-passenger third row seat
folds down flat, the second row seats tilt forward and move up
but don’t fold flat. Customers who are eager to carry
surfboards, skis and pieces of plywood inside the cabin are
likely to order the version with 6 seats.

the car is simply beautiful. What I personally like the most is the omission of the initially presented Model S-like front. The black part which obviously should be seen as a virtual radiotor grill is now gone. If I would have a Model S, I would defenitely put another color on it, the color of the exterior unless the car is black.

but, I still don't get the 2nd - 3rd row features with 6 or 7 seat versions...

I would imagine a utility trailer would work best for plywood duties.
Instagram

I would imagine a utility trailer would work best for plywood duties.
Instagram

unfortunately. I can not open the link you posted (server policy at work)...but I can imagine what you mean. The utility trailer would be the best solution anyway, the question remains though, how many drivers would want one.
guess a roof rack with a roof box would be a much better and cheaper solution for skis etc. to carry around. Does the Model X have this feature?

EDIT --- probably not due to the falcon wing doors

Last edited:
up 2.6% in premarket as of now. could reflect overall market movements, but i would't be surprised that the X reveal helps. IMO Tesla has presented an absolute winner. for me the X is a new category of cars: SSUV. SuperSportUtilityVehicle.

unfortunately. I can not open the link you posted (server policy at work)...but I can imagine what you mean. The utility trailer would be the best solution anyway, the question remains though, how many drivers would want one.
guess a roof rack with a roof box would be a much better and cheaper solution for skis etc. to carry around. Does the Model X have this feature?

Please do us a favor ........

I read at least one article last night that said that there would be a roof rack but that obviously it would prevent the FW doors from opening. Presumably that just means you have to get in and out of the front doors.

up 2.6% in premarket as of now. could reflect overall market movements, but i would't be surprised that the X reveal helps. IMO Tesla has presented an absolute winner. for me the X is a new category of cars: SSUV. SuperSportUtilityVehicle.

I think it will take months for the general investing crowd to fully understand what happened last night. Possibly a pop today but then a varying slow crawl along the way to $300+ whatever. On the flip-side, naysayers will complain about the presenting doors. Notice how he had to walk over to the car and close the driver's door? With the extra time everyone waited there will be incredible expectations. And if you were part of the current establishment you would be wise to throw mountains of money at the even slightest perceived issue.

Fundamentally, it's over. No other manufacturer is even close or will be for years. How long it will take for the world to come to that conclusion with bumps in the road only time will tell. I ordered the Model X a couple months ago, we'll be ordering every option possible. I'll drive this car longer than anything I have ever owned before and it will still be a very valuable car when i'm done with it. It's nothing for a class 8 semi to go 1-2 million miles. So will it be with the Tesla EVs. It's totally game over for any ICE vehicles for passenger use.

The pickup is after the Model 3. Then a new sports-car.

IMHO

Oppenheimer reiterates its PT of $340 and an "outperform" recommendation.
In addition, I went to the pre-market movers. Guess it doesn't look bad...:cool:

Again, I think it will take a while to result in clicking "Buy". We may see a bump this morning but I personally feel it will be a modest and gradual raise. With occasional bad press issues forcing things downward along the way. The net result could disappoint us. Fundamentally, I am even more bullish and will hold.

- - - Updated - - -

I am always skeptical when the Pre-market is up slightly. On average the opening bell holds, then the slide down begins. Or maybe I am just conditioned by the last 3 days!

I'm not trying to be a Debbie-downer here, but what is it that all of you see that makes the car so great? Other than the obvious for us electric car fans, what does this SUV do that other SUVs can't? Why is it so "ground-breaking"? Most people I have talked to this morning see no benefit of the falcon doors and see it more as a potential negative (no roof rack, rain inside the car, slow opening/closing) than a positive.

I stand by what I said from the beginning - those doors were way more of a headache than they could possibly be worth (if they even have worth to people). I think Musk probably agrees.

Musk was quoted saying, “Some of these things are so difficult; they do make the car better, but the difficulty of engineering those parts is so high, that in retrospect, if we had known the true engineering costs and the amount of complexity associated with it I think we would have probably done fewer new things.”

Article

I'm not trying to be a Debbie-downer here, but what is it that all of you see that makes the car so great? Other than the obvious for us electric car fans, what does this SUV do that other SUVs can't? Why is it so "ground-breaking"? Most people I have talked to this morning see no benefit of the falcon doors and see it more as a potential negative (no roof rack, rain inside the car, slow opening/closing) than a positive.

I stand by what I said from the beginning - those doors were way more of a headache than they could possibly be worth (if they even have worth to people). I think Musk probably agrees.

Musk was quoted saying, “Some of these things are so difficult; they do make the car better, but the difficulty of engineering those parts is so high, that in retrospect, if we had known the true engineering costs and the amount of complexity associated with it I think we would have probably done fewer new things.”

Article

0-60 like a rocket, not top heavy and 90 MPGe.

0-60 like a rocket, not top heavy and 90 MPGe.

The car was built with soccer moms in mind - none of them care about the 0-60 time. Yes, it is safer, but most people are so d@mn stupid, they don't care about the safety aspect (you can't like the 0-60 speed AND care about safety, they're mutually exclusive).

The 90 MPGe was going to be there regardless of the design and features of the car. As I said, we all know we like the EV part of it. Other than the safety and the super fast 0-60 time, what makes this SUV better than the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.