Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very tempted to put some play money into TSLA calls just before Brexit vote. Its a binary decision with about 50-50 odds at this point. If the remain vote wins there will be a snap back in the markets, followed up a week or so later with Tesla delivery numbers. After scouring the model X, S delivery threads i will be shocked if there isn't a beat on delivery.

Reactions: Papafox
Very tempted to put some play money into TSLA calls just before Brexit vote. Its a binary decision with about 50-50 odds at this point. If the remain vote wins there will be a snap back in the markets, followed up a week or so later with Tesla delivery numbers. After scouring the model X, S delivery threads i will be shocked if there isn't a beat on delivery.
Honestly, I wouldn't. I don't like those kinds of odds.

It wants to come up for air.
Indeed, currently holding support at previous resistance of 216.35, volume is tapering off a little. Will likely start either an upward grind or downward moves.

Update: 216.91 is new resistance, if we break that and 217.17, we could see a nice upswing

Update x2: broke both (currently not in)... We'll see what happens.

Update x3: Called it, should have stayed in, oh well. Getting some pushback, grind may reverse soon.

Last edited:
I am going to gamble a bit at the brexit thing. I do not believe UK's future will be worst off whether or not it is Part of europe. It is Europe that will suffer.
i disagree. Short term shocks aside Europe will benefit from Brexit. Will help integration and moving ahead in unity.

As for Britain, the outcome depends on whether the EU grows a spine and refuses special trade agreements. I vote for in is in, out is out.

I was about to post the link. You do it. I'm usually off topic in any event. I think the article in Extremetech beautifully captures the intent Elon has for shifting the industry. Of course VW has a lot of incentive to recover from recently revealed sins. Other ICE companies will eventually follow suit.

Isn't it nice to be investing in the current leader in the entire world.

Here is one article. Its all over the media outlets to be honest

Volkswagen Pushes for Redemption With Electric Cars, Robo-Taxis
thanks!

Well, talk is cheap. I am not doubting the 3 big Germans will eventually make the shift but I think changing 25% of the output of a mammoth like that to EVs is not trivial. With the internal politics, supply chains, investments in place, expertise to be built out, unions to agree with, layoffs on drivetrain production, I doubt all 3 will be as successful as they think.

Here is one article. Its all over the media outlets to be honest

Volkswagen Pushes for Redemption With Electric Cars, Robo-Taxis

Remember when we thought Adam Jonas was smoking something strong when he announced higher valuation of TSLA for a suspected deployment into an autonomous-driving electric version of Uber? Remember when we questioned Tesla's decision to speed up mass-production of Model 3 by 2 years? How about the implications of the recent move of Daimler into non-automotive batteries? The move by German automakers into the electric vehicle space confirms that Tesla has made the right moves all along. This really is a time for bold moves and we the investors will be amply rewarded for these bold decisions of Tesla. Disruption is now inevitable.

True, but at a certain point it's gambling.
Investing is the exact same thing as gambling. It's like counting cards in blackjack. To be successful the more the odds shift in your favor the bigger your bet should be.

Remember when we thought Adam Jonas was smoking something strong when he announced higher valuation of TSLA for a suspected deployment into an autonomous-driving electric version of Uber?

Remember when we questioned Tesla's decision to speed up mass-production of Model 3 by 2 years?

The move by German automakers into the electric vehicle space confirms that Tesla has made the right moves all along. This really is a time for bold moves and we the investors will be amply rewarded for these bold decisions of Tesla. Disruption is now inevitable.
Who do you mean by we?

I always considered the faster production schedule a huge opportunity. I'm not sure that the time is quite yet (ST). Buying J19 LEAPS would be perfect IMO. I'm a little less sure about the interim, but when the plan was announced I did go beyond all in (house loan), with J18's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.