Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, that Rolls Royce reminds me of the soothsayer in Kung Fu Panda 2:

upload_2016-6-16_15-45-43.png

Last edited:
Well... Is it April 1st? At least it has a little red carpet emerging from our as you exit. The one missing feature that made my cancel my X reservation.

"Elanor, why have we stopped?"
"Sir, begging your pardon, but there is a 3 cm speedbump in the way. Computing options. Computation failed"
"I must get to the Gala immediately!"
"Yes sir, $20,000 damage authorized"

From the "Hands-on" review of the XC90

"The lane-centering system does feel a generation behind Audi's latest, however. Where that car will keep you pinned to the middle of your lane, the XC90's system reacts when you get too close to the white lines, steering you back toward the other side of the lane. The effect is a bit like a bowling ball traveling down a lane fitted with those kiddie bumpers (the same thing happens with, say, an Audi A7), and it doesn't encourage hands-free driving (for that matter, neither do we)."

Review: Hands-on mandatory, but Ars lets Volvo’s XC90 drive itself in traffic

Someone in the X forum is reporting that X75 production is halted and they are being reengineered: When will 75D's start production

This is a report of someone else's report from the TM forums, so grain of salt. It doesn't make much sense considering some X75s have already been delivered or are scheduled for delivery this quarter. What needs to be reengineered? It's the same as the 90, just a different pack. My best guess is designing for coil suspension, but not sure why that would affect all 75 orders.

If it's true, let's hope the factory can keep busy with the 90 orders and production isn't otherwise slowed down for an extended period.

From the "Hands-on" review of the XC90

"The lane-centering system does feel a generation behind Audi's latest, however. Where that car will keep you pinned to the middle of your lane, the XC90's system reacts when you get too close to the white lines, steering you back toward the other side of the lane. The effect is a bit like a bowling ball traveling down a lane fitted with those kiddie bumpers (the same thing happens with, say, an Audi A7), and it doesn't encourage hands-free driving (for that matter, neither do we)."

Review: Hands-on mandatory, but Ars lets Volvo’s XC90 drive itself in traffic
No wonder the head of Volvo's R&D thinks Tesla's AP is dangerous. He's only driven Volvos and they actually are dangerous.

Regarding investing vs. gambling, I like Ben Graham's opinion. His premise was that the goals of investing are (1) preserve capital, and (2) strive for a reasonable return on investment. If your strategy doesn't meet those 2 parameters, then it's speculating.

Not that it's bad, but speculating is the baseball equivalent of swinging for the fence. Investing is bunting to ensure you get on base.

Holding cash, in the long term, is sitting in the stands...never scoring, and you had to pay for the ticket called inflation.

I probably do much more speculating than I should, but we all have different risk comfort levels.

Welp folks. If you take my crystal ball seriously and believe that its fate is linked to the fundamentals of TSLA.

I just wrapped up a 5 year long project that has been taking up half of my time for the past 5 years.
Numerous other positive developments.
I am basking in an Endorphin induced bliss from winning.

Things are looking up.

New Jersey proposes 23-cent gas-tax hike
A proposal by New Jersey lawmakers to fund $20 billion worth of transportation projects over the next decade would enact sweeping changes to the state's tax structure, including a 23-cent increase in the gas tax and elimination of the estate tax.

New Jersey's transportation trust fund, which pays for maintenance and repairs to the state's roads and bridges, is deeply in debt and on track to run out of money by July 1. Gov. Chris Christie and other Republicans have long said they would resist raising the gas tax without accompanying tax cuts.

So my state will soon go from second lowest to 7th highest state to impose gas tax if this gets enacted. All the more reason to go electric. We did not have such a huge turnout in NJ during the Model 3 reservation. This development and the reveal part 2 will I think propel more New Jerseyans to consider EV's as a lower TCO option vs. ICE

Awesome because I keep trying to invest.alongside.YOU and it gets me no where... :)

Mike

Yeah... Well, rest assured. I am extremely lazy. But the site is working, I just haven't brought the investment part backup. No new positions to follow besides the put options I sold and mentioned here. So you didn't lose out on making money.

Status
Not open for further replies.