Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon's late with delivery on something he said he'd do? Wow, never saw that coming! (Rolls eyes).
Big deal. Let the man sleep. After such a busy week, culminating in a rocket launch and landing, the poor guy probably hit his head on the factory floor while falling into his sleeping bag at 3am this morning.
Have a couple cups of java Elon, and when you're ready, let us know. Good man.

I think it is still in his head.

Attn: Fremont Factory Employees - could someone who doesn't really need his/her job please go to the sleeping bag at the end of the line and wake Elon up and ask him where the Secret Master Plan Part Deux is? Thx in advance.

Mike

Secret Master Plan 2: "Get the hell away from me and you're fired"

Last edited:
TSLA and SCTY in sync, but very similar pattern for GM and F as well (TSLA, SCTY, GM, F)

upload_2016-7-18_16-36-39.png

As SCTY finances is now also relevant to TSLA SP :

Solar power provider SolarCity Corp. said Monday it had raised $345 million to fund new solar projects.
The financing, which came from four partners in June and July, will cover the capital cost of new equipment and installations.
In addition to the new funds, the company also added $110 million and two new lenders to its debt facility, which is now is $760 million.

SOurce: SolarCity Raises $345 Million for New Solar Projects

SCTY up 3,67 % now (almost at $ 26)

Edit: Might this reduce the need for a bridge loan ?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CALGARYARSENAL
My guess is the 100D is one of the demand levers that Tesla has available but hasn't needed to pull.

Just like how the 90 replaced the 85, I think Tesla has better chemistry ready (or near ready) but since it's more expensive they won't introduce it until it's needed. This chemistry is probably another 7% improvement, so the 100D might really be a ~97.

I suspect Tesla is using the 60 to sell out Q3, and they'll use the new 100 to sell out Q4. The 60 comes first because it's using cheaper current gen-battery technology before the 100 ushers in the next-gen chemistry.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla replaces their entire lineup of 60/75/90 packs with new 65/80/100 packs sometime around the end of the Q3. If they're hurting for sales they'll do this at no charge (much like when Apple refreshes their lineup), whereas if they are more confident in demand then we might see prices rise a few grand.
A major reason for the introduction of new cell chemistries is that they are normally cheaper to produce per kWh than existing cells.

Manufacturers normally sell their newest cells, at retail at a higher price, but I believe that Tesla's prices are based on the production costs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.