Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how NFLX is connected to TSLA even a little bit. I could understand things like AAPL being connected to BBRY if bad news is indicative of weakness in the sector.

Wish i'd realized that NFLX's ER was today. I could have predicted it would be bad. Between the crackdown on VPN/DNS region unlockers and the end of grandfathered pricing, its become FAR less attractive internationally than it was -- this outcome shouldn't be a surprise.

Reactions: CALGARYARSENAL
Not sure how NFLX is connected to TSLA even a little bit. I could understand things like AAPL being connected to BBRY if bad news is indicative of weakness in the sector.

Wish i'd realized that NFLX's ER was today. I could have predicted it would be bad. Between the crackdown on VPN/DNS region unlockers and the end of grandfathered pricing, its become FAR less attractive internationally than it was -- this outcome shouldn't be a surprise.
When a super growth stock gets hammered the market temporarily loses its mind and shorts other growth stories. After hours blip.

Last edited:

Well, let me elaborate...
NFLX is the ticker symbol of Netflix. Netflix announced today, that it acquired the exclusive international distribution rights to the upcoming new Star Trek TV series. Star Trek is a science fiction franchise that was heavily referenced/made fun of in the comedy Spaceballs. Spaceballs features space ships capable of insane and ludicrous speeds. Teslas are the only vehicles known to man actually capable of those speeds. TSLA is the ticker symbol of Tesla.
See? So obvious...

NFLX is the ticker symbol of Netflix. Netflix announced today, that it acquired the exclusive international distribution rights to the upcoming new Star Trek TV series. Star Trek is a science fiction franchise that was heavily referenced/made fun of in the comedy Spaceballs. Spaceballs features space ships capable of insane and ludicrous speeds. Teslas are the only vehicles known to man actually capable of those speeds. TSLA is the ticker symbol of Tesla.
See? So obvious...

Groan required here for conflating Star Trek and Star Wars. I don't recall a single Star Trek reference in Spaceballs.

See? So obvious...

Of course. How could I be so naive. Tesla is known for referencing Spaceballs in their software, so this makes perfect sense!

Or perhaps the market thinks that the Harry Potter movie in the FL AP incident was being streamed via NFLX?

Also: Elon just tweeted again: Elon Musk on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.