Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the SP suddenly dropped $3 ... , I am still happy (am I sure?). Well, at least I am happy that in two months I will see Youtube videos that show how Model defeat a Lamborghini.
Also I think the market overlook the effect of this upgrade. As many people said in this thread, some early adopter skipped P90D and were waiting for the next upgrade. Now it comes, and I believe the 200 per week productivity will be consumed up for the next 6 months.

Well it's still a 1% up day, hardly a disaster. I guess the earlier price was expecting magic posterior rabbits. 100 available now was the good news I wasn't allowing myself to hope for. Demand will be solved for a few quarters. The limited throughput is concerning, but nicely balanced by the nutty costing. Solves demand and gross margin in one stroke.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Well it's still a 1% up day, hardly a disaster. I guess the earlier price was expecting magic posterior rabbits. 100 available now was the good news I wasn't allowing myself to hope for. Demand will be solved for a few quarters. The limited throughput is concerning, but nicely balanced by the nutty costing. Solves demand and gross margin in one stroke.

This will also help with margins.

Tesla customers who have ordered a P90D Ludicrous, but not taken delivery, can upgrade to the 100 kWh pack for $10,000. Existing P90D Ludicrous owners can also upgrade to a 100 kWh pack, but for $20,000, as their used 90 kWh pack will have to be recycled.
New Tesla Model S Now the Quickest Production Car in the World

That's among the best things it could be for the stock so I am not sure what the market was looking for. 100 is a profit and demand driver and it is available now.
Agreed. Two bullet points that will resonate outside our Tesla bubble.
Quickest production car in the world.
315 mi range
(for some reason, 300 mi is a magic number for many people).
So, I'm quite happy with this.
Plus, I bought some yesterday for 223.10 and set a limit sale after Elon's tweet for 227.95. Dumb luck.

Not clear why they are saying this now. Didn't we see a cap raise just 2 months back? Can anyone explain this?

New Tesla Model S Now the Quickest Production Car in the World
While the P100D Ludicrous is obviously an expensive vehicle, we want to emphasize that every sale helps pay for the smaller and much more affordable Tesla Model 3 that is in development. Without customers willing to buy the expensive Model S and X, we would be unable to fund the smaller, more affordable Model 3 development.

It is interesting that the new pack upgrade is $200/kWh for existing cars. This should confirm that Tesla's costs are well below that, for those that still quote inflated prices.

Well, no; not exactly.

Its a $20k upgrade. They're going to take your P90D pack back and recycle it.

$10k on P90D orders in the pipeline, is $1000/kWh.

Looking at the design studio, it looks like they've taken away Ludicrous as an option on P90D. It was a $10k option.

Price delta between P90D and P100DL is $20k, so that also suggests a $1000/kWh cost to the customer.

I really don't understand what the market was hoping for. Like honestly.

Reactions: bookfast
I really don't understand what the market was hoping for. Like honestly.

A tesla with frickin' laser beams attached to it?
AqycnaOCIAEuM9l.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV and Lessmog
Status
Not open for further replies.