Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually we see a buy the rumor sell the news response to announcements, but you never know. I've sold 15% of my J17 ITM calls today and hope to buy Mar17 calls of same strike price after stock price settles in a few days. If SP rises because news is very good, I still smile. I work from an IRA, so there are no tax consequences to my moving money around, but consider these events as an opportunity to reposition some of your holdings.

• Love
Reactions: MitchJi
I agree with what you are saying but I tend to think AP 2.0 sw could easily ignore the extra hw sensors and still have equivalent to 1.0 functionality (although more likely is that Tesla will not pass on the opportunity to push the envelope so they may not WANT to release the hw with only similar functionality.

Touché. I believe I've already heard mention of 1.0 functionality implemented in 2.0 hardware.
Another data point: Sorry no link but there's a YouTube video out there of a guy going through his new MX with new but unpopulated camera housing.

In all I'd say that today's announcement need only be "now 2.0 compatible" to diminish any (repeated here often) Osbourne affect, Add 100kWh battery and today is looking to be a nice advancement towards 2016 guidance.

Reactions: Lessmog
Here's a possibility. Tesla announces that AP 2.0 hardware is on all the newly produced cars, but they run the 1.0 software still. When the 2.0 software is ready it will go out to all cars with 2.0 hardware. This removes any reason to wait, but they could still save the juicy details for an unveil event when the software is ready.

Edit: Just read ruralectric's last post and realized he/she said the exact same thing :)

My guess is that the announcement will be the official event date for the AP2.0/100D release. It seems too quiet for an actual product release, could just be the release of event details for the upcoming product launch.

So Elon's tweet was announcement about announcement about announcement?
View attachment 191241

image.jpeg

Could be official announcement of Model Y but no reveal, to go on sale simultaneously with 3 next year and be unveiled at M3 part deux? With the design for manufacturability of both of them, they'll be pretty much the same hardware with a different shell stuck on top. Existing Model 3 mules can test for hardware functionality, so they don't really need to unveil Y until we're almost ready to go.
I hope not! That would be an excellent way to tank the SP! You realize that the market reasons by analogy? What happened the last time that Tesla produced a CUV based on a sedan at the same time?

I'd consider selling all of our calls and buying puts!

I hope not! That would be an excellent way to tank the SP! You realize that the market reasons by analogy? What happened the last time that Tesla produced a CUV based on a sedan at the same time?

I'd consider selling all of our calls and buying puts!

Tesla *hasn't* produced a CUV based on a sedan at the same time for simultaneous release before.

Sure, Model X had a boatload of delays, but there is no reason to believe that should be true of Model Y any more than it is of Model 3 (which is to say that its not, because there is a completely different mentality at play.)

I would think that expanding the product line from 2 products to 4 in one fell swoop would be a good thing, not a bad thing. And with TMTBTM behind it all? I have to believe that its being designed to just be able to start to build MY when its ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.