Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the topic last night was brought up by a long... not me... would you like them to leave the board too?

huh? I don't want anyone to leave the board. Although that could fit into the "Complaining about other people rather than ignoring them" forum.

I vote for the "Or we can all post about things related to short term price movements (the name of this forum) and scroll past things we don't want to read or put people on ignore if it is too hard to do so."

Paging @esk8mw: Tesla just filed "Notice of Effectiveness" with Oct 12 as "Effectiveness Date" : Notice of Effectiveness

What is significance of this - completion of the SEC review?
The S-4 is now effective, yet I do not see any filings from Tesla requesting acceleration of review or anything else from the SEC. I'm confused! I've never seen a merger S-4 be approved by the SEC without comment (or even a letter indicating that the SEC has reviewed and has no comments), but it appears that's what has happened.

I think the SEC has leeway to release to release the CORRESP and UPLOAD filings (the back and forth between issuer and SEC) to EDGAR after the entire process is complete, so I wouldn't be surprised if the filings show up later, retroactively. It's not often I'm following the uploads in real time like this; usually I'm searching for older CORRESP to identify past trends/responses for clients.

Bottom line: this merger is ready to be voted on.

Not really about Shor term SP, but now I am not optimistic on autonomous driving. Last night I saw some one drive near the curb slowly, and suddenly stopped. Looked like he was trying to find a location along the way. I have no doubt that AI can avoid collision with this, but I doubt AI will be smart enough to decide to turn and pass this guy, in a reasonable time.

As long as there are human drivers on the road, computer AI will not be smart enough to deal with them. Their behavior is just unpredictable.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Not really about Shor term SP, but now I am not optimistic on autonomous driving. Last night I saw some one drive near the curb slowly, and suddenly stopped. Looked like he was trying to find a location along the way. I have no doubt that AI can avoid collision with this, but I doubt AI will be smart enough to decide to turn and pass this guy, in a reasonable time.

As long as there are human drivers on the road, computer AI will not be smart enough to deal with them. Their behavior is just unpredictable.
A computer driver can handle cases 20 times more complicated than this. Think how a human driver would handle the situation. A computer can do exactly the same: signal, back out, change lane, keep going.

Narrow AI isn't AI. That's like saying a calculator is AI

Wrong. Our phones are Narrow AI. From this book:

image1.jpg

AI Caliber 1) Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI): Sometimes referred to as Weak AI, Artificial Narrow Intelligence is AI that specializes in one area. There’s AI that can beat the world chess champion in chess, but that’s the only thing it does. Ask it to figure out a better way to store data on a hard drive, and it’ll look at you blankly.

AI Caliber 2) Artificial General Intelligence (AGI): Sometimes referred to as Strong AI, or Human-Level AI, Artificial General Intelligence refers to a computer that is as smart as a human across the board—a machine that can perform any intellectual task that a human being can. Creating AGI is a much harder task than creating ANI, and we’re yet to do it. Professor Linda Gottfredson describes intelligence as “a very general mental capability that, among other things, involves the ability to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend complex ideas, learn quickly, and learn from experience.” AGI would be able to do all of those things as easily as you can.

AI Caliber 3) Artificial Superintelligence (ASI): Oxford philosopher and leading AI thinker Nick Bostrom defines superintelligence as “an intellect that is much smarter than the best human brains in practically every field, including scientific creativity, general wisdom and social skills.” Artificial Superintelligence ranges from a computer that’s just a little smarter than a human to one that’s trillions of times smarter—across the board. ASI is the reason the topic of AI is such a spicy meatball and why the words immortality and extinction will both appear in these posts multiple times.

I came here looking for some insight about why the stock is down this morning. Thinking maybe I missed some news that happened last night, I went back to the posts as of 5:00pm EST yesterday. An hour later, after wading through a ton of drivel about AI and bickering about people's credentials, I have learned nothing about the short term value of the stock. @AudubonB - please get this thread back on track.

I came here looking for some insight about why the stock is down this morning. Thinking maybe I missed some news that happened last night, I went back to the posts as of 5:00pm EST yesterday. An hour later, after wading through a ton of drivel about AI and bickering about people's credentials, I have learned nothing about the short term value of the stock. @AudubonB - please get this thread back on track.

Here's a hint: Look at the Nasdaq composite.

• Disagree
Reactions: BornToFly
Same here.

but we are talking about the safety of the general public here vs the sake of stock price growth... and that is what we are talking about. if you weren't interested in the stock rising then you wouldn't be interested so emphatically... and much of this race for technology is about stock price... it shouldn't be that way.
Statistically (though with a low p value) Tesla's CURRENT autopilot offering is safer than human drivers. It is more safe for the general public with them using it than without, even though it isn't perfect yet. Level 5 is unnecessary, even level 4 is unnecessary to save lives and improve safety so it's a bit of a facile argument. Level 4 will be here in 2 years time, level 5 won't take much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.