Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw on CNBC, that Dan Nathan was showing falling triangle chart pattern for TSLA Options Action: Tesla shifting gears?, which is bearish. What is your take on it? From your comments, you see bullish chart pattern. is that right?
As a general rule a pattern that is well broadcast by CNBC is highly unlikely to work
In the stock market what everyone knows is not worth knowing

938,762 shares available for shorting at Fidelity before the market open. The interest is the same as yesterday -1.5%

IB Traders Insight | Interactive Brokers

$TSLA second most shorted stock at IB (behind only VXX).

Screenshot 2016-10-26 07.20.51.png

• Informative
Reactions: vgrinshpun
Debate?!

Elon said every fund manager that he privately explained the benefits of the merger to was in favor of the deal after he talked to them. He said that right after he said that he couldn't provide future product information publicly. How else do you think he convinced them?

As i have said many times before, if he gave them material information which was not available to the public and did not publish that information immediately, he would have made a crime. I don't think that he would make a crime and then tell about it openly.

Ps. MitchJi, you labelled this "funny". What is your point? You do agree, that SEC -rules also concern Elon? I don't believe he gave them any material information privately.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: Drax7 and MitchJi
Y
He could of simply told them that their significant holdings in SolarCity will become worthless if they dont vote for the merger.

A whiff of a shotgun wedding , though the glossy 425 disclosure is impressive.

Cheaper sells, better sells , hence cheaper and better should sell even better, the ultimate value proposition.
If the economics to the consumer are Favorable
The product (roof solar panel storage unit) will sell in my view.

LG Chem to enter U.S. home battery market with Sunrun deal

http://www.reuters.com/article/lg-chem-sunrun-usa-idUSL1N1CV2A1

Oct 26 LG Chem Ltd, the world's largest automotive battery maker, will enter the fledgling U.S. market for home energy storage through a partnership with rooftop solar company Sunrun Inc, the companies said on Wednesday.

The move will put LG in direct competition with electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc, which unveiled its own home battery packs, called Powerwalls, last year. Sunrun has been using Tesla batteries in its home storage systems in Hawaii since earlier this year, and this deal will add LG to its list of suppliers.

"Tesla makes all the headlines, but LG manufactures most of the lithium ion batteries," Sunrun Executive Chairman Ed Fenster said in an interview. LG's entry into the market will help bring down battery prices and help them make economic sense for more households, he added.

Oct 26 LG Chem Ltd, the world's largest automotive battery maker, will enter the fledgling U.S. market for home energy storage through a partnership with rooftop solar company Sunrun Inc, the companies said on Wednesday.

The move will put LG in direct competition with electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc, which unveiled its own home battery packs, called Powerwalls, last year. Sunrun has been using Tesla batteries in its home storage systems in Hawaii since earlier this year, and this deal will add LG to its list of suppliers.

"Tesla makes all the headlines, but LG manufactures most of the lithium ion batteries," Sunrun Executive Chairman Ed Fenster said in an interview. LG's entry into the market will help bring down battery prices and help them make economic sense for more households, he added.
Except no. Because they're ignoring GF, which is about to put Tesla in the driver's seat when it comes to manufacturing the most lithium batteries any day now.

Reactions: callmesam

How is this possible when they are so short on batteries for the car makers.....the auto industry doesn't have enough supply to march full steam ahead into EVs but the suppliers have enough to "donate" some material for storage? which is it?

My read of this Article:
  • It will bolden the bears today, as they read what they want to read into it: "Competition is coming!"
  • It validates Tesla's acquisition of SolarCity: competitors pressured to respond in some way
  • Sunrun Executive Statement means "I am scrambling for a response", as it is clear that production output of PowerWalls will be consumed internally, with Sunrun potentially not able to get any. The tone is reminiscent of Mobileye's statements.
  • Vertically integrated Tesla/SolarCity will compete very well with SunRun LG Chem partnership. SunRun and LG Chem will not be able to compete on price unless they are prepared to loose a lot of money, while Tesla makes profit.
The TSLA and SCTY sale just got extended by one day.

My read of this Article:
  • It will bolden the bears today, as they read what they want to read into it: "Competition is coming!"
  • It validates Tesla's acquisition of SolarCity: competitors pressured to respond in some way
  • Sunrun Executive Statement means "I am scrambling for a response", as it is clear that production output of PowerWalls will be consumed internally, with Sunrun potentially not able to get any. The tone is reminiscent of Mobileye's statements.
  • Vertically integrated Tesla/SolarCity will compete very well with SunRun LG Chem partnership. SunRun and LG Chem will not be able to compete on price unless they are prepared to loose a lot of money, while Tesla makes profit.
The TSLA and SCTY sale just got extended by one day.

I think u nailed it!

Are you guys factoring in that Panasonic was raising 3.9B for the Gigafactory...maybe that reduces Tesla's capex needs since that came after Tesla's last capex update....

PENA is not contributing to funds for Tesla's CAPEX needs other than in the sense that they are buying equipment that PENA owns and "leases" to Tesla via off-take agreements (capital lease). I suspect the Buffalo deal will be similar. If that is the case, Silveo must still be planned or SCTY would be leaving ~$350 million for Riverbend equipment promised from NY unused

• Informative
Reactions: myusername
Status
Not open for further replies.