Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 8.41.03 AM.png
What just happened at SCTY?
Maybe people finally started reading the 425 filing. Page 24.

That means they brought in about a lot more (edit: not as clear as I'd like to be on that number) cash last quarter from sales rather than leases, and that they were GAAP positive or will be soon. Correct me if I'm wrong someone, otherwise I will be backing up the truck.

Edit: I think it means a 5x increase in the ratio between cash/loan and leases/ppa not a 5x increase in cash/loan sales, that would be too good to be true.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
View attachment 200182
Maybe people finally started reading the 425 filing. Page 24.

That means they brought in about 125M cash last quarter from sales rather than leases, and that they were GAAP positive or will be soon. Correct me if I'm wrong someone, otherwise I will be backing up the truck.
Is the truck going to the ship, better hurry before the ship leaves....

• Funny
Reactions: tander
Some guy in Germany is selling his claimed Signature X for 240k€ (!?). This looks like a opportunist that has lost all touch with reality, but to me it raises a question. The car is claimed to be 03/2016 which would put it into Q1 where I'm fairly sure there were 0 EU deliveries. Or am I missing something?

PS Autotechnik Inh. René Scholz in Eggersdorf

Really strange, on top of that, they claim that the MX is equipped with: fully autonomous driving
Misleading at best, unlawful at worst.

One thing that I did not see anybody mentioning about the 425 is the description of the Hawaii Case Study on p.14. According to this description it is on track for "substantial completion by the end of 2016", which means that 52MWh worth of PowerPacks are going to be booked in Q4.

Given schedule for the Mira Loma Substation installation of 80MWh worth of PowerPacks by the end of the year, the total TE sales in Q4 will be at least 132MWh. Assuming discount pricing of $400kWh (11% discount) and cost of $240/kWh, the TE contribution to gross profit in Q4 should be about $21MM

Has anyone purchased protection going into tonight? If so, I'd be interested to hear what you put into play.

Yes, cash at hand, to buy more shares. As good as the ER might or will be, the bears will find something to spin it negatively, SP plunges in AH, so extended Sale on TSLA. If not, thats also OK with me. Just chillin.

Prelude, BofA has always been negative on Tesla. Comments/interpretation?

(08:12:09 AM): Revising estimates on return closer to GAAP accounting As noted in its 3Q deliveries press release, TSLA is revising aspects of its accounting presentation, the most significant changes being that TSLA is (1) now moving back to GAAP accounting for leased vehicles (roughly 1/3 of vehicles), and (2) no longer adding back non-cash interest expense (roughly 75% of total interest expense). For further detail on TSLA's revised accounting methodology, As a result of the change in accounting presentation, we are revising our 3Q16 EPS estimate from $0.50 to $(0.65), 2016e from $(0.10) to $(3.85), 2017e from $1.75 to $(2.25), and 2018e from $3.05 to $(0.35). We would note that 3Q reporting may be particularly volatile for the stock, as consensus estimates do not appear to fully reflect this accounting change yet. The new accounting method does not alter cash flow (which is reported on a GAAP basis), and, as such, we are not revising our price objective of $155 - TSLA at Bofa ML - 3Q earnings may be OK, but eyes still on cash burn

Prelude, BofA has always been negative on Tesla. Comments/interpretation?

(08:12:09 AM): Revising estimates on return closer to GAAP accounting As noted in its 3Q deliveries press release, TSLA is revising aspects of its accounting presentation, the most significant changes being that TSLA is (1) now moving back to GAAP accounting for leased vehicles (roughly 1/3 of vehicles), and (2) no longer adding back non-cash interest expense (roughly 75% of total interest expense). For further detail on TSLA's revised accounting methodology, As a result of the change in accounting presentation, we are revising our 3Q16 EPS estimate from $0.50 to $(0.65), 2016e from $(0.10) to $(3.85), 2017e from $1.75 to $(2.25), and 2018e from $3.05 to $(0.35). We would note that 3Q reporting may be particularly volatile for the stock, as consensus estimates do not appear to fully reflect this accounting change yet. The new accounting method does not alter cash flow (which is reported on a GAAP basis), and, as such, we are not revising our price objective of $155 - TSLA at Bofa ML - 3Q earnings may be OK, but eyes still on cash burn

I was under impression that revenue from third party leasing is recognized at the time of sales, the deferred revenue linked only to direct leasing, which, if I remember correctly Tesla expected to be around 15% in Q3. So it seems that BofA are just plain wrong on this.

• Informative
Reactions: stealthology
I think Tesla now also has a pretty interesting sales opportunity with the upgrade paths. A 60D is ~$63,000 (w/ Fed tax credit), but you can later upgrade to 75 or to full self-driving for 10k each. Really is different (not to mention allows Tesla to make a lot of money on trade-ins).

Status
Not open for further replies.