Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something to consider. For awhile shorts have been talking down the SCTY deal in order to spread as much FUD as possible. It's only natural for shorts to talk the deal down because it'll proliferate their argument. Do shorts really think the SCTY deal is bad for Tesla? Likely not, their rhetoric are being used as a weapon against Tesla in order to shake off some thin skin longs. Why would they talk the deal down when their "all knowing knowledge" indicates that SCTY will doom Tesla. Shouldn't they talk up this deal if that's the case?

Simply put, they're talking it down bc it gives them a weapon to harpoon on after the deal is approved. That way they can scream even louder that it's a bad deal. Shorts know this deal is going to happen... (Although things changed a bit after election so I'm 60/40, in favor of this deal passing).

In the end, shorts have no end game, Tesls does: M3...

And it won't stop there. The path to 270 is clear, no polls needed. Just execute from now on and they'll capitulate. 2018 is Elon's year.

QED.

Not only a compliance car, a PR stint as well. Pretty divergent goals for the members of the "same team"...

From the WSJ:

GM has said its $30,000 Bolt will be on sale in the 2016 calendar year, a target that qualifies the car for certain product awards and allows the company to say its car hits the market well in advance of a rival product being developed by Tesla Motors Inc. GM spokeswoman Michelle Malcho said Thursday the car is expected to meet high interest, but will be offered in limited quantities in 2017.

There is no shred of doubt in my mind - Tesla *will* deliver more Model 3 in 2017 than GM will Bolt. I say this with confidence, because I believe Tesla will deliver well over 50,000, and possibly over 100,000 Model 3 in 2017, and GM couldn't deliver more than 30,000 Bolt if they wanted to.

Interesting just how closely the two stocks have been trading today (and for a few days before that) - would think that is a good sign.

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 21.34.35.png

Here's something to consider. For awhile shorts have been talking down the SCTY deal in order to spread as much FUD as possible. It's only natural for shorts to talk the deal down because it'll proliferate their argument. Do shorts really think the SCTY deal is bad for Tesla? Likely not, their rhetoric are being used as a weapon against Tesla in order to shake off some thin skin longs. Why would they talk the deal down when their "all knowing knowledge" indicates that SCTY will doom Tesla. Shouldn't they talk up this deal if that's the case?

Simply put, they're talking it down bc it gives them a weapon to harpoon on after the deal is approved. That way they can scream even louder that it's a bad deal. Shorts know this deal is going to happen... (Although things changed a bit after election so I'm 60/40, in favor of this deal passing).

In the end, shorts have no end game, Tesls does: M3...

And it won't stop there. The path to 270 is clear, no polls needed. Just execute from now on and they'll capitulate. 2018 is Elon's year.
Even before M3: 100 battery--what will the range be if offered in a non P MS/X? TE. Also i'm sure new home builders will be keen on contracting for solar roof. Builders always want to sell upgrades....

Reactions: sundaymorning
Approved!

Merger of SCTY.

(At meeting)

Also: Elon said it's looking like the cost of Tesla Roof without counting electricity value may be even or less than price of (currently) regular roof.

During Q&A, he reiterated and expanded a little on his statement that less incentives is competitively better for Tesla auto, and that the solar incentives won't matter if the solar roof is less expensive than a regular roof in the first place.

He was using a comparison of tile and slate, so let's see if that also works with tar shingle; since quartz glass lasts long according to Tesla, that might be part of the consideration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.