Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonas may be doing double-agent work. By going super-bearish, he may be trying to create a bear-trap that can lead to a short squeeze. Unless you take his work as simply "face value" and that he believes everything he has written in the past 3 years as basic analysis. If you don't believe him now, what did it say about his February 2014 "disrupting trillion dollar industries" pumping articles which were just prior to MS underwriting 2.4 Billion in bonds for the GF1?
@bonaire, Why don't you share your insight with your bear buddies? Last I know, your bear buddies continue their relentless tirade on SA and twitter. Not wised up yet? Or, just doing their job as paid mercenaries?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Funny
Reactions: madodel and Tenable
Jonas may be doing double-agent work. By going super-bearish, he may be trying to create a bear-trap that can lead to a short squeeze. Unless you take his work as simply "face value" and that he believes everything he has written in the past 3 years as basic analysis. If you don't believe him now, what did it say about his February 2014 "disrupting trillion dollar industries" pumping articles which were just prior to MS underwriting 2.4 Billion in bonds for the GF1?

It says that:

a) he changed his mind - yet again - (we can discuss whether that makes him good or bad at his job - I vote bad) or
b) he doesn't actually care about doing his job correctly even if he knows the truth of it all (also bad) or
c) he doesn't actually have a clue and is just pulling stuff out of his ear (still bad)

At this point I don't care what he says. He has no credibility in his career field and can't be trusted.

• Informative
Reactions: bonaire and madodel
I
It says that:

a) he changed his mind - yet again - (we can discuss whether that makes him good or bad at his job - I vote bad) or
b) he doesn't actually care about doing his job correctly even if he knows the truth of it all (also bad) or
c) he doesn't actually have a clue and is just pulling stuff out of his ear (still bad)

At this point I don't care what he says. He has no credibility in his career field and can't be trusted.
In my mind, he moved from "a leading automotive analyst" to perhaps a peer of someone like Dan Galves. Dan is now working in "communications" at MBLY (MobilEye)

Well..considering you followed me ^^ and your handle is easy enough to recognize.
It's just pathetic over there and hard to refute the garbage with so little text. I understand your cause but they're worse than children, they love spiegels presentation. Give them some facts to chew on and they just post the same negative garbage again. ( "Tesla only sold 2000 cars this month LOL")

I can't believe more than 10% of the people knowing about Tesla dislike the company. That negative group though....they're a vocal bunch. I doubt they've turned a lot of people against the company, but do suppose they could at least temporarily keep investors away.
Take it as a challenge: "$TSLA ships intercontinental before intracontinental every qtr; early qtr USA sales irrelevant. Check qtr-qtr yoy instead." That's 123 characters, enough for 17 characters, or about 2 or 3 twitter handles, you're responding to.

You can get even more creative:

"$TSLA ships intercontinental first every qtr; early qtr USA sales irrelevant. Also, retools factory beginning of qtrs; some date movements." 139 characters

"$TSLA ships intercontinental first every qtr; early qtr USA sales irrelevant. Also, retools factory beginning of qtrs" 117 characters, can respond to 2-3 handles

"$TSLA ships intercontinental first every qtr; early qtr USA sales irrelevant, & retools factory begin of most qtrs" 114 characters -- you could respond to 26 characters worth of handles.

By crafting carefully, you can get across some messages, such as my last one above:

* Bogus citing of early quarter US sales
* Bogus thought that retooling = ineptitude of Tesla (since you say "most qtrs" i.e., they've been succeeding at doing it regularly)
* It is simple and sweet

You can work in background stats if you have stats that are relevant, like "Q4 sold out ~26K cars", if you actually have that info. Include a stat like that plus a link to the source, and Twitter will give you a pretty short URL character penalty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.