Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.png

I've had butterfingers all morning and boffed a bunch of orders. I did one at limit to 50, but luckily the market did it at market rate. Just now, I was in that spike trying adjust a sell order when it sold out from under me because I didn't know it was a fast mover. I decided to go back in, and then it scared the heck out of me so I got out, but I was moving so fast and I saw so much red on my screen I thought I lost, but ended up gaining a few thousand in just seconds because THAT's when it had upward momentum and I must have pressed the right number (I remember adding 50 cents to the price I bought at and hitting GO and thinking "wait, there's no way that could execute ... oh look, I'm out! hmm ... what the heck??"). Apparently Elon tweeted. WOW! That scared the HECK out of me.

Ok, I think I want to study fundamentals and momentum and see how that works out now, so I can learn to be long with less forward information. Hmmmm

I have a continual bone to pick with Elon precision. He keeps saying "orders", not "reservations". Then, he calculates the "order" amount to $7.5Gigs, rather than the "reservation queue position holder deposit" of $180M.

Last edited:
Already over 180K reservations. Wow. Probably will cross 200K by the end of tonight. I honestly don't think anybody on this board, or even at Tesla, seriously thought that Tesla could pass that mark only two days after reservations began (and only 24 hours after online orders began). This is unprecedented, unexpected, and amazing news.

Reactions: Tenable
You need to think more and post less for the rest of the day. Didn't your mother teach you that that you have one mouth but two ears?

If you believe what you saw/heard/experienced last night then you are a buyer. If not, you are a seller. Mix in some macros and you get a price.

I do not suggest people do as I do as I am often wrong. I am a buyer of the stock at this level.

Already over 180K reservations. Wow. Probably will cross 200K by the end of tonight. I honestly don't think anybody on this board, or even at Tesla, seriously thought that Tesla could pass that mark only two days after reservations began (and only 24 hours after online orders began). This is unprecedented, unexpected, and amazing news.
Agreed! They were predicting 100k by April 3rd. Still surprised it isn't surging yet, I guess there are too many short sellers.

Couple of observations:

1) People this isn't twitter. Please post when you have something to say.
2) Ton's of new Tesla experts today. I have been having conversations all morning with people who want to talk about the 3. This feeds my theory that there are a lot of middle class people who had a mental wall about Tesla products-- no point thinking about something you cannot afford. The wall is coming down.
3) A few of us predicted they wouldn't talk about reservation numbers since it would either be lackluster 30-40k or because the information tends to help competitors more than TM. Well, they had a toteboard and everything. Tweets. It is very front and center. There really aren't a lot of good reasons to do this. It tells competitors they are in trouble and it discourages would-be reservers. The main reason to do it is to support the stock price. That is itself bullish, since it supports the theory that for the first time since 2013, Tesla management is interested in where the stock is trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.