Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The simplicity of the model S makes it brilliant.
The model X is another matter.

I was most interested in some analysts impressions on a recent visit to Tesla. To paraphrase, they said that not only could nobody compete with the Model X, nobody could compete with the production line that makes it. (Competitors would strugge to replicate the Model X production line - was closer to the exact wording).

Ok guys, help me. So I was in at 3:00 am (Pacific) Friday morning after the announcement. I kind of estimated what I thought pre-orders would come in at and thought the market would like that. So I went in at $237 and some change. This was a short hold for me and I set a sell target of $250 which the stock met yesterday. Seeing how fast it was climbing, I got greedy and revised that to $255. Like everyone else, I watched it straddle $250 all day before tanking in AH.

During after hours we saw the announcement from Tesla and I got a smack in the face. I told myself last night that I would hold strong on my $250 target now but that was based on the stock coming back slowly. I had no idea it would bounce back this quick.

So I ask for advise. I don't have a long position on anything. I generally study my investments, play the fluctuations, play news, get in, get out and I'm done with it. I'd like to do the same here however I'm re-thinking my $250 sell target given how quick of a rebound we've seen on an indisputably (so far) down day for the market.

With tomorrow's announcement (assuming it comes after hours) and an otherwise decent day on the market I feel like selling today at $250 with no expectation of news would be a dumb move.

Given my circumstances, what would you all do? I'm thinking of just holding until response to the pre-order announcement. I'm predicting 360,000 - 380,000 pre-orders which I presume the market is going to like.

I was most interested in some analysts impressions on a recent visit to Tesla. To paraphrase, they said that not only could nobody compete with the Model X, nobody could compete with the production line that makes it. (Competitors would strugge to replicate the Model X production line - was closer to the exact wording).

friend of mine just inspected model x, told me build quality is exceptional.
Anybody that can build that can do anything was his impression.

Have you ever seen a better "textbook example" of a daily breakout above a previous close?

I think it's safe to say that the crowds are clearly looking past the miss in deliveries... At least for now!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: madodel
Status
Not open for further replies.