Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like just about all the US Model X reservation holders have now been invited to configure as of today. Either production is continuing to ramp up steadily or many reservation holders are waiting for the 90D/70D. Or maybe both.

I, Robot-level fully autonomous robotic Teslas realized in 2 years

Tesla Elon Musk press conference for the release of software v7.1 | Electrek

The market just has no idea what kind of revolution in transportation is coming. Knowledge arbitrage opportunity here.

138a32f8b10b51e4b00127c435ce9c4b.jpg

I, Robot-level fully autonomous robotic Teslas realized in 2 years

Tesla Elon Musk press conference for the release of software v7.1 | Electrek

The market just has no idea what kind of revolution in transportation is coming. Knowledge arbitrage opportunity here.

+1 The fascinating thing is that it is possible to spell it all out and it doesn't matter. Elon is having exactly the same conversation with the world but instead of the futility of talking about things people can't imagine he's building companies to build the stuff so people can no longer deny it. If you can already see it then yes there is an ongoing knowledge arbitrage advantage. Just never underestimate the power of denial - it can even stop people believing their own eyes.

+1 The fascinating thing is that it is possible to spell it all out and it doesn't matter. Elon is having exactly the same conversation with the world but instead of the futility of talking about things people can't imagine he's building companies to build the stuff so people can no longer deny it. If you can already see it then yes there is an ongoing knowledge arbitrage advantage. Just never underestimate the power of denial - it can even stop people believing their own eyes.

Julian I have no doubt in my mind that in the (nearish) future autonomous cars will drive cross country after their owners have cast summoning spells. But in 2 years... Really? I mean technically maybe but regulation wise? What does Elon know or understand that we don't? I'm not talking about self driving capabilities but I'm talking laws, regulations and liabilities.

I guess his thinking is just try to make sure Tesla makes the production car that is actually capable of doing this thing, in real life conditions, and attitudes and regulations will shift quickly?

Julian I have no doubt in my mind that in the (nearish) future autonomous cars will drive cross country after their owners have cast summoning spells. But in 2 years... Really? I mean technically maybe but regulation wise? What does Elon know or understand that we don't? I'm not talking about self driving capabilities but I'm talking laws, regulations and liabilities.

I guess his thinking is just try to make sure Tesla makes the production car that is actually capable of doing this thing, in real life conditions, and attitudes and regulations will shift quickly?

Agreed. It is inspiring to think that the technology will be there in 2 years. It is reality to believe that I will not be able to summon my newly built model3 in 2018 from the factory to deliver itself to my home on the east coast.

Ha, that's funny. The person who noticed the 100,000 milestone was a TMC forum member. We picked that up and ran a story on it. Bidness referenced our piece... but is also lame/scummy and makes the link "nofollow," which doesn't give us any Google juice. Pretty lame thing to do, and not many sites do such a thing.

Anyhow, I thought this was a very cool milestone (hence the story) and was surprised Tesla and others didn't highlight it.

Did you try to do some math on what would be the profit balance between making a self-driving car and keeping it as fleet vs. just selling it outright?

I'm going to assume you didn't listen to the video/call Johan, but Elon explicitly said the technical capability will be there (in other words, Tesla products will be executing remote autonomous driving on public roads that have approved it), and the laws may or may not be. That is what I meant, and unless you think he's lying, that's what will happen.

I would prefer Elon stick to the later years Steve Jobs\Tim Cook persona and underestimate deliverables, both new technology and forward sales. The best way to make a win look like a win, is to under-promise and over-deliver. He needs someone in operations who is worried about all the things that can go wrong and balance out his optimism. I hope he keeps pushing the envelop, but sometimes you set the bar too high and what should have been a great win, is a let down. People are going to expect teleportation by 2020 at this rate.

I'm going to assume you didn't listen to the video/call Johan, but Elon explicitly said the technical capability will be there (in other words, Tesla products will be executing remote autonomous driving on public roads that have approved it), and the laws may or may not be. That is what I meant, and unless you think he's lying, that's what will happen.

My last two days. in my five minute trip to Sydney airport see two Model S. Drive from LAX to SAN, one Model S. Today, spot an X. Must be getting them out there fast given those odds :) (I know, I know)

Why are we under $210?

At least $340 million on the line on opex day with just the 200 put. If I include all the rest, it might be 1 whole billion.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35280633

"Tesla will still aspire to make the most compelling electric vehicles, and that would be our goal, while at the same helping other companies to make electric cars as well."

Not very surprising.

- - - Updated - - -

At least $340 million on the line on opex day with just the 200 put. If I include all the rest, it might be 1 whole billion.
More than I can afford ... :wink:But I'm still buying options; J18's, cheaper every day:smile:

My last two days. in my five minute trip to Sydney airport see two Model S. Drive from LAX to SAN, one Model S. Today, spot an X. Must be getting them out there fast given those odds :) (I know, I know)

Why are we under $210?

I was on the A3 between Cologne and Frankfurt airport today and saw a white Model S blow by me (I was in a rental Citroen diesel POS). Then when we were driving on I80 in my wife's Lexis from Newark airport to our home a grey Model S blew by us. No Model Xs yet. Still waiting on my own SigX.

Status
Not open for further replies.