Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except there were NO "suite against the former hinge manufacturer". You should get basic facts before posting. Actuators move the doors, not the same as hinges!

Also, nobody was misleading shareholders - difficulties around the FWD, as well as other issues, were discussed by Elon more than once. He did not mention specifics (for a good reason - some people can't distinguish actuator from a hinge, but feel absolutely fine arriving at the sweeping conclusions anyhow), but discussed challenges several times.

Honestly at this point. There's no point even debating this part or the falcon wing doors, their minds will not be changed. What is sad is probably 80% of the people on this thread or the detractors of it have never seen a Model X in real life so they are quite literally talking out of their butts or just based the "failure of doors" to that one thread where the guy had issues with his car even though he was like the first 100 to be produced.

Especially not 100k for a lumber hauler. I get it, some people have enough money that they will buy a 7 passenger SUV at 100k to also be a work-horse. But I suspect that this is a very small market and most people would prefer to buy a truck if they regularly have to do these types of tasks.

No folding seats so for people who want to haul crap buy a Toyota. I agree with TSLAopt. This car was designed for families with young kids (just like Mr. Musk) but will add that it was also designed for the China market. Once they begin selling there we shall see how the real market for this Falcon Winged vehicle takes off.

This thing is falling so fast the lower bollinger band cannot keep up. I've seen panic selling before but this certainly takes the cake. Weren't we at 198 last monday SMH?!:crying: I really hope Elon is planning some reassuring comments because right now Tesla shareholder need them badly.

Honestly at this point. There's no point even debating this part or the falcon wing doors, their minds will not be changed. What is sad is probably 80% of the people on this thread or the detractors of it have never seen a Model X in real life so they are quite literally talking out of their butts or just based the "failure of doors" to that one thread where the guy had issues with his car even though he was like the first 100 to be produced.

I wouldn't dismiss it off like that. On Bloomberg they publish a so called er preview. This afternoon it was summarized with just ONE sentence for 4Q.

"Forecasts remain skeptical on Model X delays, focus on cash."

So apparently that is the only thing of relevance to this ER.

Updated: I agree this is an all out panic though. Much of it driven by macro (as someone pointed out BMW price action).

Hey so I started a thread asking about deferred Autopilot revenue but it seems like most people are panicking so I guess I'll try asking here in case there are more eyeballs. I have 2 questions. First, is it deferred on GAAP only or both GAAP and non-GAAP? Second, do you have a source for that answer?

They mentioned it was affecting(lowering) their Non-GAAP margins:

Non-GAAP gross margin was about 100 basis points below guidance, primarily due to higher manufacturing and part costs related to the ramp of our small drive unit line and the deferral of revenue recognition for certain Autopilot features which are now scheduled for release later this year.

I think Monday it hits 150-145 , tuesday 135-145. wednesday 125-135. Then tesla beats earnings then it bounces to 145-155 . They days of over 200 will have to wait till June?

See I was right about Tesla price estimations from Friday. I got out but I was short from 219 but it went up to 225 but it dipped then got out. Then was short at 241 then went to 242-3 then dipped and got out too soon. But there's short sell restrictions now. But it's in trend for tomorrow's estimations.

Last edited:
f2792014698cd07ba677a2dd4f318e76.jpg

So this is me yesterday at Sarasota Fl, mall where two private individual owners generously showed their model X. Absolutely stunning and gorgeous fit and finish is first rate and seems superior to model S. And the Falcon wing doors worked perfectly.

This is applicable to short term trading as I am even more confident loading up at these prices with dollar cost averaging.

The amount of venomous FUD on this forum right now is additional reason for optimism IMO.

Can we get some weigh in from some of the respected posters please?

Kurt, julian, DaveT?

We are at a crossroads. I see macro events having cause much of this rout as Tesla moves quicker than the market in the same direction in general. It will also move quicker back up.

I'm calling a prime buying opportunity.

Last edited:
This thing is falling so fast the lower bollinger band cannot keep up. I've seen panic selling before but this certainly takes the cake. Weren't we at 198 last monday SMH?!:crying: I really hope Elon is planning some reassuring comments because right now Tesla shareholder need them badly.

We're down 25% in exactly one week due to no change or news about the company except a string of analyst rating updates last week and overall market downturn. I've been following the bollinger band as well and it's been showing as oversold and undervalued for several weeks now.

By the way, what happened to that shorting circuit breaker that was in place Friday and today? It hit -10% on Friday and bounced up, and right now it's closing in on another -10%.

Hello everyone, First post here and I thought I would add kind of reference point on the complexity and possible future reliability of the FWD's. I work at a Lexus dealership and have watched the reliability of the SC430 retractable roof over the past 12 years or so (2003-2015). I remember when the car launched and the concerns we had over both the mechanics of the roof , leaks, service issue potential, wear and tear etc. I know a roof has fewer cycles but its pretty similar in its hinges and actuation. The roofs have been very reliable from my observations ( I work with the techs an order the parts). I know its only one opinion and the FWD is somewhat different than a Roof but it has been way fewer problems than we expected. From an investor point of view I wish they had gone with a less expensive design, but the cars need features that make them attractive to any luxury car buyer , Autopilot and FWD's the windshield on the X , they all make the product stand out against any SUV.

Status
Not open for further replies.