Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they are trying to get the options to align. The image says 75D, but the text still says 70 kwh.

Edit: Text on live site now fixed.

Attachments

• Model X Configurator.JPG
    Model X Configurator.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Disagree
Reactions: AudubonB
I posted about it in the wait times thread, they have added a "May" date to new MX orders for the 90D and P90D and a June date for the 75D. They also have only opened the design studio up to US orders it would seem. At least as I change through to other languages/locations, including Canada, I can't get to their version of the design studio.

As I pondered above, I wonder what the implications here are for Q2. They have just placed MX 90s on the SAME timing as new MS orders. I am guessing that they have fully blended the BIW lines with the facelift of the MS to push those down the same paths (if they weren't doing this already). I am still nervous, for the first time, about demand numbers. Yes, they are upping their production to some crazy high numbers, so this is likely to put pressure on demand anyway, but the implications here are interesting to think about... could we finally see them having more production volume than order rates? I have been waiting for this to happen for a very... very... long time... It has to happen eventually, right?

I posted about it in the wait times thread, they have added a "May" date to new MX orders for the 90D and P90D and a June date for the 75D. They also have only opened the design studio up to US orders it would seem. At least as I change through to other languages/locations, including Canada, I can't get to their version of the design studio.

As I pondered above, I wonder what the implications here are for Q2. They have just placed MX 90s on the SAME timing as new MS orders. I am guessing that they have fully blended the BIW lines with the facelift of the MS to push those down the same paths (if they weren't doing this already). I am still nervous, for the first time, about demand numbers. Yes, they are upping their production to some crazy high numbers, so this is likely to put pressure on demand anyway, but the implications here are interesting to think about... could we finally see them having more production volume than order rates? I have been waiting for this to happen for a very... very... long time... It has to happen eventually, right?

I expect a surge of model S orders. Also, some people are turned off by long wait times, so the shorter wait times can have the effect of solving it. They haven't even put X's in showrooms yet... that is a huge unused demand driver.

It is clever they did this right at the beginning of the quarter. This WILL cause production and order disruption though. I can imagine a lot of customers who were on the bubble might be demanding a switch. I half think the $1500 price increase was to give a consolation line to the people who just missed the switch.

Moderator Note:
Keep Model S upgrade discussion to where it belongs - which is NOT here.

I understand your concern, but at the very least investors in this thread want to be notified of any model upgrades, rather than be expected to hop around among the various car buyer threads to see if there is news related to any of the models.

I just checked my iPhone stocks App and the Google News page on my computer, and neither of them are showing any news for the Model X design studio opening or the Model S refresh.

I wouldn't expect any major price movements on product refresh news. While the cosmetic changes to Model S and the addition of the HEPA "bio-weapon defense mode" are moderate in size, we don't know yet know the implications for sales.

I bought a small protective put position @ $257 ish... paid a bit too much for it. I was a bit late getting into a call position this morning.

I'm not seeing that. I see "Deliveries begin mid to late 2016" for 75D, and "Deliveries begin mid 2016" for 90D, and "Deliveries begin early 2016" for the P90D. That doesn't say anything about the number of orders ahead nor when a new order would get delivered. Is there a different source?

I just checked my iPhone stocks App and the Google News page on my computer, and neither of them are showing any news for the Model X design studio opening or the Model S refresh.

I wouldn't expect any major price movements on product refresh news. While the cosmetic changes to Model S and the addition of the HEPA "bio-weapon defense mode" are moderate in size, we don't know yet know the implications for sales.

Yeah. Any tweets or news about Autopilot 2.0 would help SP, but apparently no announcement today.

I'm not seeing that. I see "Deliveries begin mid to late 2016" for 75D, and "Deliveries begin mid 2016" for 90D, and "Deliveries begin early 2016" for the P90D. That doesn't say anything about the number of orders ahead nor when a new order would get delivered. Is there a different source?

Go into the design studio for the model X to see the May/June delivery estimates.

Reasons for the disappointing stock performance today
* Model S refresh lacking headliner announcement (notable 100D and/or AP2.0)
* Model X recall
* Shorter Model X wait times than expected
* Shortest Model S wait times since at least 18 months

The 100 battery would likely be the one option announcement that could have potential to move the stock a little. I believe the reason we haven't seen it yet is the fact that there are lots of 90 Xs recently delivered and in production. People have waited a very long time for these cars and are still waiting, there have been delays, issues putting the cars in service almost instantly and now the 3rd row recall (however minor). I honestly think announcing a 100 battery now would really rub some of these early X buyers, many of them going for maxed out cars, the wrong way... in a big way.

Everyone knows you're not going to have the latest or "best" Tesla for long when you buy, thanks to constant updates. But announcing a bigger battery in the same breath that your wrapping up deliveries of the X signatures would definitely be too much.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Go into the design studio for the model X to see the May/June delivery estimates.

* Model X recall

Oh, strange, I refreshed and they changed. I'm thinking a lot of people have been holding off for both the S update and the X to be sorted out. Now, we may see those orders come through.

* Model X recall
Well, those can't be the reasons because market does not know about most of them. :)

Give it another hour or two...

Here is the first TM tweet with the link to MX configurator:
Snap104.png

Reactions: Drax7
IMO, the S refresh, even with 100 kWh battery, won't boost the stock price in short term. While this is surely good for sales, its effect won't be seen at least until the start of July when Q2 numbers are out. That's almost 3 months away. The news of the refresh/100 kWh will most likely be ignored by the market in the short term. The positive effect will exhibit later in deliveries and financials.

Status
Not open for further replies.