Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Krugerrand

Just to set the record straight a wee bit. Please review the Khan Academy interview with Musk where he is quite open about his timing and prediction for a 50% switch to new car production becoming EVs.

I think that was 2013 and he said 12 years. If it was 2014 are you downhearted? <snip>

Preaching to the choir. I have no doubt what's going to happen. I'm having a timing discussion with someone else, tx.

Anyone with thoughts on earnings call - will Tesla provide information as to whether/how production increase will happen?

In the letter, they will probably say something vague, like we are doing everything possible to accelerate our production ramp. Then the analysts will press them for numbers, and the CFO will say they will have more specifics in a future earnings call.

And then Elon will say they will try to get through all the early reservations by the end of 2018 and the CFO and the PR people will get a heart attack. :)

:confused:

I've never said all the gas stations would be gone. And I clearly mentioned in my post that it would be the ICE vehicle owners who'd be experiencing range anxiety.
Yes, I think you are exactly right. And ICE drivers in antique cars will have on-line mapping to show them where there are stations open.

Yes, I think you are exactly right. And ICE drivers in antique cars will have on-line mapping to show them where there are stations open.

That assumes that ICE cars will still be allowed on the roads. If so, they may require special government approval, and assurance that devices are attached to minimize the dispersal of pollutants into the atmosphere. ;)

carExhaust_2195976b.jpg

How long can this be allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.