Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, are we talking about EV-Volumes of Devonshire?

Devonshire discussion at: Devonshire Research Short Tesla Motors Inc

Sounds suspiciously like Avenger's agenda is wrapped up in there.

EV-Volumes = Good Guys. Operated by actual researchers, professional auto industry forecaster and an EV industry expert that does a nice job of telling people what the stock is likely to do.

Devonshire = one of the many Not Good Guys operated by a guy that goes under the alias: SURFHACKER that makes stuff up in the hope of scaring TSLA longs to dump their stocks at a loss.

No relation.

Scary, this is just too close to home for comfort.

The "research" company makes even less than me per annum, no employees as of last year.

I can understand how one may feel bitter about the end of Saab (I do) but I hope Roland didn't spend it all shorting TSLA and is now trying to save some of the bacon.

Why name it Devonshire when Trollhättan rolls so much easier off the tongue? :p

-------------------
EDIT:
Sorry, I should delete this but it has already been commented upon. :(
Must have confused the two companies, tinm's whois-entry was for ev-volumes but I mistook it for Devonshire. :rolleyes:
Please disregard my statements, they were in error. :oops:

Last edited:
Scary, this is just too close to home for comfort.

The "research" company makes even less than me per annum, no employees as of last year.

I can understand how one may feel bitter about the end of Saab (I do) but I hope Roland didn't spend it all shorting TSLA and is now trying to save some of the bacon.

Why name it Devonshire when Trollhättan rolls so much easier off the tongue? :p

No, this is all confusion. Devonshire isn't based out of Trollhättan, but Julian's EV-volumes is.

I have never seen such passionate hate for a company as tesla , and the daily barrage of negative coverage.

You would think they are running a concentration camp.

Fear and Hate are close cousins. Traditional Auto industry is genuinely terrified.

Forecasting no longer works. There is no way of drawing projections into the future when customers may simply shun the existing technology entirely and stand for years waiting for something different that most of them can't make for another 5 - 10 years or find the cash flow to get there at volume if they could.

The other day I read something about BMW contemplating slashing prices by 10% to maintain market share in the USA.

BMW makes less than 8% net margin on average, more like 6-7% for the past three or more years. Slashing 10% off the top line means bye bye dividend and 2-4% losses as far as America is concerned. If Tesla shows up as strongly in all markets then Houston - we have a problem.

I have never seen such passionate hate for a company as tesla , and the daily barrage of negative coverage.

You would think they are running a concentration camp.
The greater the success of Tesla the greater the downslide of the traditional automakers, auto dealers and Exxon/Mobil and the rest of the API. That makes for powerful enemies for Tesla with lots of cash that was saved from not paying for the true cost of fossil fuel production damage to our environment and lots more from government subsidies. Just look at the thousands and thousands of posts from each of the many sockpuppets that post on SeekingAlpha, all doing nothing but attacking Tesla. The passionate hate is well compensated.

I wonder if the mods will let this post be or all bearish posts are being censored now.

No, only those which are snippy and meant either to demean another member, irrelevant to the thread, and obviously meant to taunt. We have too many serious, talented, and often humorous members who get tired of constant tits for tats and arguments where one tries to trump the other about the size of their hands. (Poker of course, no reference to the Republican primaries intended.) Of course you do not intend to fall into either of those categories mentioned.

Sometimes posts seem to be written by a child who confiscated a parent's computer. But we don't have a button for that. We rely on good sense and parental concern to mitigate the damage.

Reactions: Gerardf and FANGO
I primarily keep up with this thread as well as the one focused on SCTY. This thread has made me feel far more comfortable with the pace of Model X deliveries. However, I quickly visited the X forum and it appears people are still expressing frustrations, delays and in some cases receiving sub optimal communication. I realize that those that are unhappy are far more likely to post than those who have a great experience, but I'm seeing recent posts with months of delays. Does anyone have any information demonstrating that we are in fact delivering X's at a steady clip?

No, only those which are snippy and meant either to demean another member, irrelevant to the thread, and obviously meant to taunt. We have too many serious, talented, and often humorous members who get tired of constant tits for tats and arguments where one tries to trump the other about the size of their hands. (Poker of course, no reference to the Republican primaries intended.) Of course you do not intend to fall into either of those categories mentioned.

Sometimes posts seem to be written by a child who confiscated a parent's computer. But we don't have a button for that. We rely on good sense and parental concern to mitigate the damage.

Oh okay. I'm sure you will get to deleting all those posts calling me a liar and a shill soon then. You could start with the one on the previous page.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gerardf and Thumper
You don't care about an active use systematically lying about what they have said before to boost their reputation on the site? BTW not saying he did as apparently it is still up for discussion. I just want to get to the bottom of this because if he actually is lying about being right on every call and making 1000% returns then that could easily give people a false sense of confidence in blindly following his lead and taking on way too much risk with their savings, which really is a serious matter.

Without mentioning who you suspect of lying, the web editor, one of many quoted in the article, it is hard to tell who is being slandered.

Without mentioning who you suspect of lying, the web editor, one of many quoted in the article, it is hard to tell who is being slandered.

What article? I am calling EV-Volumes out of course, the guy I quoted.

Edit: Also, unless you already spent your daily quota of deleted posts on ones I wrote, then here is a juicy one where Julian is calling me a liar and an idiot in a single post.

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

I guess his parent's were out of the house at that time.

Last edited:
So you admit to slandering someone on this thread. How does perfect logic feel? Are you sure you've got the right person? Admittedly, that is a synthetic (in the Kantian sense) query.

Slander implies that I am wrong. Also I made sure not to definitively call him anything, I just wan't to find out where he is saying what he claims because I just can't seem to find it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Thumper
Status
Not open for further replies.