Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you admit to slandering someone on this thread. How does perfect logic feel? Are you sure you've got the right person? Admittedly, that is a synthetic (in the Kantian sense) query.

What do you mean am I sure? I have only quoted one person, there is only one person in this thread making wild claims about their history of predictions. EV-Volumes were once going by the name Julian Cox if that is what's confusing you.

• Disagree
Reactions: Thumper
Naturally the allegations and insinuations put forth by @Perfectlogic are libellous. A fact can be readily and independently ascertained.

We have informed TMC management of this and requested a permanent resolution to coming under attack by this individual and have also pointed out that continuing to permit this conduct brings TMC into disrepute, noting that the same account has widely abused the entire community here and singled out numerous of its respected long-term contributors including, now repeatedly, one of its moderators. We cannot be a party to debate at this level. This is now a matter for TMC to resolve and await their resolution.

Julian Cox
EV-Volumes.

• Funny
Reactions: Drax7 and Lump
Naturally the allegations and insinuations put forth by @Perfectlogic are libellous. A fact can be readily and independently ascertained.

We have informed TMC management of this and requested a permanent resolution to coming under attack by this individual and have also pointed out that continuing to permit this conduct brings TMC into disrepute, noting that the same account has widely abused the entire community here and singled out numerous of its respected long-term contributors including, now repeatedly, one of its moderators. We cannot be a party to debate at this level. This is now a matter for TMC to resolve and await their resolution.

Julian Cox
EV-Volumes.

Since you are now here, why don't you just clear everything up and highlight the part in your posts from the 4th and 6th of Jan where you predict for the stock to move lower like you claim. It shouldn't take more than 1 minute to find and post and then there is no problem, you only posted 1 time on the 6th of Jan and it wasn't a very long post.

Ugh, concern trolling. "I am worried about all the poor innocents on this web site who will listen to another member. Therefore it is my white knight duty to fix it".

You should read the GTAT thread on the contrarian investor forum. Many lost their life savings on the stock because they thought it was a sure thing, some of the stories are pretty tough to read. But clearly discrediting everything I say and insulting me is the most important thing here.

If I actually believed what EV-Volumes is saying, that he has pretty much nailed every single prediction and if you had followed what he said you would have made a 1000% (he literally said this), then I would obviously throw a lot of money after options when he is calling shots, who doesn't like easy money. And judging by all the likes he gets it looks like people actually do believe him.

Last edited:
You should read the GTAT thread on the contrarian investor forum. Many lost their life savings on the stock because they thought it was a sure thing, some of the stories are pretty tough to read.

Incidentally, the founder of that forum and main GTAT bull was a longtime and well respected TMC member who went by the name of sleepyhead.

I am as bullish on TSLA as they come but it does give me pause when members of the forum essentially claim the ability to divine future price movements, cherry-pick prior calls and move goalposts when events play out differently than expected.

Despite any boilerplate disclaimers, inexperienced followers of the forum will blindly follow highly articulate, experienced-seeming members who speak with unreasonable levels of conviction. That leads to disaster as I witnessed first-hand with GTAT.

You should read the GTAT thread on the contrarian investor forum. Many lost their life savings on the stock because they thought it was a sure thing, some of the stories are pretty tough to read. But clearly discrediting everything I say and insulting me is the most important thing here.

I've stayed out of the back-and-forth over the past week, mostly because it is far too energy-consuming to read, but I think it is important for people to remember to keep expectations in check.

As much as I like Tesla Motors and think it has a bright future, I would never risk my retirement funds on shares of TSLA. I bought a couple shares back in 2012 with money that I could afford to lose. My IRA and 401(k) are entirely in index-based mutual funds.

The path to big gains over the long haul in any stock is convoluted and rough. Often, share valuation at any given moment has little to do with actual value or potential of a company. AAPL, for example, fared poorly along with the rest of the stock market around 2008/9, despite consistent gains in mobile phones. Intel's run in the 90's took a stumble here and there. Trying to time trades and hit it big in the short run is basically gambling and dependent on luck for the vast majority of retail investors.

Incidentally, the founder of that forum and main GTAT bull was a longtime and well respected TMC member who went by the name of sleepyhead.

I am as bullish on TSLA as they come but it does give me pause when members of the forum essentially claim the ability to divine future price movements, cherry-pick prior calls and move goalposts when events play out differently than expected.

Despite any boilerplate disclaimers, inexperienced followers of the forum will blindly follow highly articulate, experienced-seeming members who speak with unreasonable levels of conviction. That leads to disaster as I witnessed first-hand with GTAT.

I lost all of GTAT as well. Apple changed their mind or GTAT couldn't deliver, or both. Fortunately I have other winners, Baidu at $8.6 for example which is now actually quite imbalanced with TSLA to the consternation of our wealth advisor. Though my last purchase was at just under $250, overall purchase of shares averages to just under $40 since I went long in 2010. The advisor cannot sell without my permission.

I primarily keep up with this thread as well as the one focused on SCTY. This thread has made me feel far more comfortable with the pace of Model X deliveries. However, I quickly visited the X forum and it appears people are still expressing frustrations, delays and in some cases receiving sub optimal communication. I realize that those that are unhappy are far more likely to post than those who have a great experience, but I'm seeing recent posts with months of delays. Does anyone have any information demonstrating that we are in fact delivering X's at a steady clip?

A friend of mine sent me this, for those of us who have never seen this box, it's a charger ready for home installation. The person he knows ordered a x95, will take about 4 weeks... This is coming from a trustworthy source. No rumor. The factory is pumping full speed.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 71
Tesla up to 29,311,876 shares sold short as of 05/13/216. This is the first increase in shares sold short and the highest recorded amount since March of this year.

This is after their Q1 ER, which further proves the market's skepticism around the company's projections. Due to poor execution with the X ramp, and a big misunderstanding regarding their history/credibility, Tesla now has the bar set low for them.

Why the extreme unbalance against PerfectLogic?

Some of his posts have pissed me off, for sure, but in the dispute with Julian he has been not significantly more slanderous and bitchy than his adversary. They have treated each other in roughly the same way, but the bear gets beaten down and disliked into oblivion.

I don't know whether he is right in his suspicion that Julian has been dishonest about his calls. However, Julian's unwillingness to engage with this point and debunk the claim, which would be a simple matter of linking to a single post, does give some credence to PL's claim.

Julian, I invite you to post links to the calls in question and prove PerfectLogic wrong. You are an intelligent and respected member and it would be worthy of your stature in this forum to accept my invitation. To remind you, his accusation is that you made wrong calls on Feb 4th and Feb 6th.

Another highly respected member, DaveT, also levelled serious criticism against Julian's claim of a near-perfect track record of stock calls. This was a direct accusation of cherrypicking, a serious accusation, and yet received no dislikes (I mention this just as a curious point).

DaveT, I invite you to highlight some calls that Julian purposely omitted to make his calls on the stock look better than they were.

Let's have all cards on the table.

To everyone not involved in this cluster**** that's been going on here, I apologise for having added to the clutter. I really think we need to cut through the crap and rhetoric and sort out a simple fact or two. Then maybe this place will become bearable again.

Please everyone, really.

If I actually believed what EV-Volumes is saying, that he has pretty much nailed every single prediction and if you had followed what he said you would have made a 1000% (he literally said this), then I would obviously throw a lot of money after options when he is calling shots, who doesn't like easy money. And judging by all the likes he gets it looks like people actually do believe him.

Unlike GTAT (Which has almost nothing in common with Tesla) most of the posters here are highly informed about everything that goes on with Tesla. The fate of GTAT hinged on the whim of one company, whereas Tesla is in full control of its own future. We don't need your "help" to keep our precious life savings intact (almost no one invests all their cash in one company anyway). Thanks, but no thanks.

Why the extreme unbalance against PerfectLogic?

Some of his posts have pissed me off, for sure, but in the dispute with Julian he has been not significantly more slanderous and bitchy than his adversary. They have treated each other in roughly the same way, but the bear gets beaten down and disliked into oblivion.

I don't know whether he is right in his suspicion that Julian has been dishonest about his calls. However, Julian's unwillingness to engage with this point and debunk the claim, which would be a simple matter of linking to a single post, does give some credence to PL's claim.

Julian, I invite you to post links to the calls in question and prove PerfectLogic wrong. You are an intelligent and respected member and it would be worthy of your stature in this forum to accept my invitation. To remind you, his accusation is that you made wrong calls on Feb 4th and Feb 6th.

Another highly respected member, DaveT, also levelled serious criticism against Julian's claim of a near-perfect track record of stock calls. This was a direct accusation of cherrypicking, a serious accusation, and yet received no dislikes (I mention this just as a curious point).

DaveT, I invite you to highlight some calls that Julian purposely omitted to make his calls on the stock look better than they were.

To everyone not involved in this cluster**** that's been going on here, I apologise for having added to the clutter. I really think we need to cut through the crap and rhetoric and sort out a simple fact or two. Then maybe this place will become bearable again.

Please everyone, really.

The difference between the two is Julian actually contributes, even if he can be hyperbolic, where "Perfectogic" is disrupting for the sake of boredom or attention. The more we focus attention on this, the less we actually talk about TSLA. I know I'm contributing to all of this, but as long as we focus on these "disputes" which are just disruptions created by one poster, the less we talk about what the thread is intended to be focused on.

Last edited:
Julian, I invite you to post links to the calls in question and prove [...]
DaveT, I invite you to highlight some calls that Julian [...]

No way, screw that! Moderators please swoop in and extinguish this pillow fight for the biggest victim position. We're here to discuss Tesla and stock market not listen to this BS.

And Julian please read up on what "psychological projection" means, you're such a classic and publicly outspoken example it could be used in textbooks. I don't mean this in jest, this really could change some things for you.

Edit: if folks insist create another thread and continue abusing your pillows there.

Status
Not open for further replies.