Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so what do people think are the most important takeaways from the meeting? I got to the video feed late.

I thought Gigafactory info was particularly salient: 3x production GWHr over original plans, cell manufacturing by end of year, and Tesla Energy perhaps equaling Tesla Motors in revenue.
Exactly my takeaway...along with their enhancements to the machines that make the machines. I still wanted to hear about GF as a product but alas.

Wow so much time completely wasted, TMC ought to get organized like the vegans and take over Q&A time at the next shareholder meeting.

I'm serious, I can't guarantee that I could make it next year this far in advance... but that was so painful I feel obligated to do something. Maybe this idea deserves its own thread.
A Coup de Q&A.

Wow so much time completely wasted, TMC ought to get organized like the vegans and take over Q&A time at the next shareholder meeting.

I'm serious, I can't guarantee that I could make it next year this far in advance... but that was so painful I feel obligated to do something. Maybe this idea deserves its own thread.

Same. I might have to make the voyage next year.

The event seemed odd... Almost like they had nothing to discuss, so they swing the other direction and rehashed the entire company history for two hours.

I really wanted to hear (and perhaps I missed it) how they are going to get the Model 3 done and the first ones rolling off the line in the second half of next year (13 months from now!).

Reactions: mmd
Ok, so what do people think are the most important takeaways from the meeting? I got to the video feed late.

I thought Gigafactory info was particularly salient: 3x production GWHr over original plans, cell manufacturing by end of year, and Tesla Energy perhaps equaling Tesla Motors in revenue.

My takeaways

1. 3x increase in production density for GF
2. TE to roughly equal TA in revenue terms
3. Possible 10x increase in density of vehicle manufacturing systems.

4. (LHC's hobby horse) 20700s confirmed for the gigafactory.

Now comes the clown show portion of the event. Did the vegan seat thing every get solved for that one lady?

Yes, and rightly so, and as a result of that question being asked at the shareholders meeting, and despite the utterly ridiculous and unhelpful mocking that question received and continues to receive here. The only clown show was here on this board, starring the clowns who had an issue with that entirely relevant question. The fact that some of you have an issue with a person asking a question which is relevant to the company's mission and where the answer is not already easily available to the public is absolutely ridiculous. Luckily Tesla acknowledged the legitimacy of the question and acted accordingly, which is why they're running the disruptive tech company which is changing the world and the rest of you are sitting here doing something as worthless as complaining about someone else's ethical choices on the internet.

Last edited:
My takeaways

1. 3x increase in production density for GF
2. TE to roughly equal TA in revenue terms
3. Possible 10x increase in density of vehicle manufacturing systems.

4. (LHC's hobby horse) 20700s confirmed for the gigafactory.

Ah, thanks for that. I missed the increased density of manufacturing, and I didn't get what people were posting about 20700s. I thought they were referring to cars produced this quarter or something :eek:

Reactions: TMSE
The way Elon waxed rhapsodic about optimizing the efficiency of the Fremont factory was the most interesting thing to me.

I'm imagining him and JB being like Spock in "Wrath of Khan" -- that moment when Spock realized that Khan was thinking only in two dimensions.... give 'em a year or two and we could see robots on the ceiling, the walls, as well as the floor.., with lines twisting and turning through the space in ways unseen since roller coasters.

Didn't get a chance to listen in on the whole presentation, what did they learn about auto service and and any info how they plan on servicing 500k cars in 2 years time?
There was one question asking the extra long wait time on service for his Model S. And basically the answer was SCs are swamped with X to be served and once the X is done, wait time in SC should be lower. No mentioning on future plans.

The way Elon waxed rhapsodic about optimizing the efficiency of the Fremont factory was the most interesting thing to me.

I'm imagining him and JB being like Spock in "Wrath of Khan" -- that moment when Spock realized that Khan was thinking only in two dimensions.... give 'em a year or two and we could see robots on the ceiling, the walls, as well as the floor.., with lines twisting and turning through the space in ways unseen since roller coasters.
That's an interesting thought. Denser utilization of ALL available space, 3 dimensionally... Although based on his comment's, I imagined a more elaborate machines performing more automated assembly functions in the same amount of space as before, therefore allowing for additional assembly lines to produce double of what the factory was designed for initially....

Like people who go around disliking all posts that they don't agree with. Cue the dislike button again, eh? No worries, two can play that game.
Nothing personal. I'm a vegetarian who ordered the Vegan seats and he Disliked my comment to. They are really, really nice seats. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.