Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what solarcity's second quarter numbers look like?
??? Can I remind people that it's unacceptable to use "I'm tired" as an excuse for doing your inadequately? When I'd fly from California to Germany or Taiwan and have a meeting immediately after I got off the plane, it wasn't acceptable to not be able to adequately answer serious questions. You suck it up and collapse later when you're not on the phone trying to make one of the more important cases in your career...

Musk can't publically admit that this is a SCTY bailout. He does probably think it works long term, however.

Good grief he's on the verge of discussing the velocity of a African swallow...

This is a textbook example of "phoning it in." I'm very disappointed in Elon. This is a time to be confident, alert, with it, and wowing analysts and listeners, not causing them to roll their eyes. I'm still holding TSLA until it gets to $1000 but geez he doesn't make it easy some time.

??? Can I remind people that it's unacceptable to use "I'm tired" as an excuse for doing your inadequately? When I'd fly from California to Germany or Taiwan and have a meeting immediately after I got off the plane, it wasn't acceptable to not be able to adequately answer serious questions. You suck it up and collapse later when you're not on the phone trying to make one of the more important cases in your career...

Agreed, I've been awake analyzing the whole night. This is a billion dollar+ deal. You do not slack off

Please do not reply to him anymore. Trolls will be trolls. He has no objective to add anything usefull.. (Definition of a troll)
He never had.

I find his sudden style-change disturbing. Previously, he was a straight-forward perma-bear troll spelling doom to TSLA via all kinds of imaginary tesla-killers. Now, he goes total sarcastic "cheering on" the merger. I would have expected him to be laughing and saying "told you so".

One possibility that could explain the change is that he is totally upset about the merge and turns to twisted humor instead of raging, not to show that he is upset. But why would he be upset ? He should be happy as a short, so I do not get it...

on-topic:
I find the merger a bad move even though I own both stocks, I would prefer to keep them separate and weigh my investment according to very different risk factors. In the long-term Elon's reasons make sense, but this is not the right time to do this. He should be focusing his energy on Model3, not trying to fix yet another business that is going through difficult times.

Last edited:
Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Good grief he's on the verge of discussing the velocity of a African swallow...

This is a textbook example of "phoning it in." I'm very disappointed in Elon. This is a time to be confident, alert, with it, and wowing analysts and listeners, not causing them to roll their eyes. I'm still holding TSLA until it gets to $1000 but geez he doesn't make it easy some time.

Agreed. Sometimes Elon does not respect the need for others to be able to follow his train of thought, in order for his actions to seemingly make sense to others.

The gist of this call is that it's better to have a single integrated product/system than separate systems. Yeah, financially it'll be difficult in the short term (and may even sink the company, IMHO), but from a customer perspective a seamlessly integrated system of solar energy+storage+transportation makes more sense then disparate systems.

Reminds me of Apple, except that Tesla's products cost 50x-100x more than Apple products.

(Multiple references to alien dreadnoughts reminds me that Elon is barely awake at this hour. Reverting to his sci-fi roots.)

Reactions: replicant and mutle
The gist of this call is that it's better to have a single integrated product/system than separate systems. Yeah, financially it'll be difficult in the short term (and may even sink the company, IMHO), but from a customer perspective a seamlessly integrated system of solar energy+storage+transportation makes more sense then disparate systems.

Reminds me of Apple, except that Tesla's products cost 50x-100x more than Apple products.

(Multiple references to alien dreadnoughts reminds me that Elon is barely awake at this hour. Reverting to his sci-fi roots.)

Home batteries charging cars isn't going to happen for many years. Neither company makes an inverter, which is the brains of a solar system.

Status
Not open for further replies.