Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of impact does Brexit have on UK Tesla sales? Won't Tesla's car prices go sky high there because of the currency collapse?

edit: @deonb: great minds think alike

The Euro is being hit pretty hard too. This may be a big hit to Q3 sales and/or margins, Tesla will definitely need to raise prices to counter these large moves unless forex moves back the other way.

Starting MX deliveries in China before Europe suddenly seems like a much, much more intelligent idea :)

Um... US stock futures currently getting "demolished"... I've got a bad feeling about this...

Which is 17400 according to them...

So the DOW trading where it was 1 month ago, and still 1% above its 200 day moving average is being "demolished" ?

Don't get me wrong - I think it will trade lower than 17400 tomorrow, but someone should look up the meaning of the word "demolish".

Which is 17400 according to them...

So the DOW trading where it was 1 month ago, and still 1% above its 200 day moving average is being "demolished" ?

Don't get me wrong - I think it will trade lower than 17400 tomorrow, but someone should look up the meaning of the word "demolish".

Dropping 4% in one day causes incredibly more economic impact than dropping 4% over the course of a month. There's uncertainty. Retirement accounts suddenly have far less purchasing power rather than giving time to prepare and adapt. VIX skyrockets.

There's a reason why a 10% drop overnight can send a country into a recession, while a 10% drop over six months usually will not.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Dropping 4% in one day causes incredibly more economic impact than dropping 4% over the course of a month. There's uncertainty. Retirement accounts suddenly have far less purchasing power rather than giving time to prepare and adapt. VIX skyrockets.

There's a reason why a 10% drop overnight can send a country into a recession, while a 10% drop over six months usually will not.

Yeah. Not good.

Near term catalyst for TSLA is Q2 delivery numbers due by First week in July.

I'm in the camp that Q2 deliveries will be a beat.

Once world markets stabilize after this brexit shock, TSLA should be a good buying opportunity. After all, what does Britain leaving the EU have to due with the future success of Tesla? Nothing...

Sure if it was somewhat stable, but it's not. Dropping to 17400 would represent a 1.5% drop since last Friday, which is less than the gain % we're up since last Friday (1.9%). That is trading range stuff.

17400 isn't the issue - I think we may see mid 16000's tomorrow - following the Nikkei's % drop. THEN people can go and call it "demolish" if they want.

But if we truly just see 17400 it would be pretty close to the best case scenario possible.

• Informative
Reactions: dakh
Yea, Brexit is definitely looking like a near-100% deal now.

Please plan accordingly tomorrow :) (aka don't play options, don't panic sell, but be extremely careful trying to buy). Panic buying can be just as bad.

I think >99% of the people didn't expect this result. The ODD of Brexit was really low by market close today, so the surprise and impact to the market will be high tomorrow.

So... is a Model S going to be 11% more expensive in the UK starting tomorrow?
Will be interesting to see how fast Tesla reacts. Might be a lots of Brits make the order in the morning and Tesla takes the hit with the currency exchange. Maybe short term spike, but long term not so good.

But yeah it's pretty bad for Tesla since it seems like the UK was about to become their most important market in Europe. Not to mention it's not just the potential currency exchange, but with an uncertain economic future people people tend not to want to make big purchases.
Tesla Europe Registration Stats

After tomorrow's underwear change, Musk's plan to buy Solar City will be an afterthought. This is going to be epic. And no, I am not going to sell. Plunging bond yields mean investors will move money into stocks again in the not so distant future.

Hi CALGARYARSENAL, In Jan-Feb correction, you played very defensively for TSLA. IIRC you started accumulation under 200? What's your opinion for this run? I'll start to accumulate around 180, I think there will have good chance to reach 180 in tomorrow's panic sell. It's about 8% drop for TSLA while SPX future down 5%, Nikki down 7% and DAX future down 8% tonight. But I'll still reserve enough dry powder in case SP retouch 140 or lower in next month or so.

Reactions: GoTslaGo

You can't just directly answer my questions? Or you don't know yourself?

But I don't think this will matter now. Brexit means we wait to see if there's a clog in the gears that will freeze up the financial system. My gut feeling was right. Something bad is happening. I am glad I am 75% in cash.

I think >99% of the people didn't expect this result. The ODD of Brexit was really low by market close today, so the surprise and impact to the market will be high tomorrow.

The bigger picture problem is that if Brexit can happen due to the fact that the campaign is waged based on the immigration issue. It means that Trump has a chance to make it happen in USA as well. I was starting to dismiss Trump, but now have to take this into account.

Others ask why this is bad timing for TSLA to announce merger with SCTY. This is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.