Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC approval.
I do not think SEC grants any approval. SEC is an enforcing body of the govt which ensures that proper disclosures were made and procedures were followed. I think FTC is the only approval authority beyond shareholder vote. SEC.gov | Mergers and Practical Law

However, I am not sure I got it right. Could you please share any info that is contrary to what I mentioned above?

Last edited:
We have to become comfortable, as investors, with the idea that one day Tesla won't have a DCFC network advantage. It is true today, but isn't necessary true by 2020 or 2025.
The who pays for it? Will GM help subsidize BMW, or vice versa, depending on who is leading in the market? It's all a great big mess on the non-Telsa side.

Recently I was speaking with the CEO of one of the charging companies and I asked him if GM was going to roll out a DC Fast Charge network for the Bolt. He said No, they are going to depend on the charging companies and the funding from the Federal government and the VW settlement to put the necessary charging in place.

So much for GM's commitment to long range BEV's.

Well... we'll never know. But one thing we should consider from Daimler is that they don't have their heads up their arse as much as BMW/Audi, considering this: Daimler adopts Silicon Valley tactics to counter new rivals

A full electric S-Class would be a great rival for Tesla. Even if it would cost +200k$.
And being so fast and so much cheaper to run, it would also be a great rival to the.... ICE S class and then they would have to depreciate all of those assets on their books and have ++ expenses setting up the new car and -- market cap.

I do not think SEC grants any approval. SEC is an enforcing body of the govt which ensures that proper disclosures were made and procedures were followed. I think FTC is the only approval authority beyond shareholder vote. SEC.gov | Mergers and Practical Law

However, I am not sure I got it right. Could you please share any info that is contrary to what I mentioned above?

See this and this posted by esk8mw with a very good summary of the process.

• Informative
Reactions: TMSE
After last week this strikes me as an almost iron-clad way to make money. In at 222-223 during the day, then sell at 225 Friday afternoon. Worked well last week. Only problem is maximum pain difference between 222.5 and 225 seems negligible this week compared to last.

And last week was monthly options, higher volume, higher puling force towards max pain

After last week this strikes me as an almost iron-clad way to make money. In at 222-223 during the day, then sell at 225 Friday afternoon. Worked well last week. Only problem is maximum pain difference between 222.5 and 225 seems negligible this week compared to last.

And this week is ONLY 'weeklies' expiring whereas last week was monthly expirations. Seems to me the monthly expiration Fridays carry a lot more 'max pain' weight. (But I don't know jack...)

Hopefully the SP will be at least $230-$240 by Friday:).

Reactions: geneclean55
I do not think SEC grants any approval. SEC is an enforcing body of the govt which ensures that proper disclosures were made and procedures were followed.

Some insight can be gleaned from the TSLA IPO process. The S-1 was filed on 1/29/10. Over the next five months, eight S-1/A s were filed, likely to respond to clarifications/additional information requested during the SEC review process. The IPO was 6/29/10.

EDGAR Search Results

Admittedly, M&A is not the same as an IPO so a lot depends on whether the SEC thinks there is enough detail about the expected synergies to allow informed decisions by the "dis-interested" equity holders.

• Informative
Reactions: TMSE
Over couple of last days there are increasingly shares available for borrowing at Fidelity, with the estimated annual interest going down.

There are 224,327 shares available today, with estimated interest rate at 13%.

It seems that availability of TSLA shares to borrow and lowering interest rate reflected in the trading this week...

• Funny
Reactions: srini
Status
Not open for further replies.