Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
All this angst over 2 days? I don't get it. I could see being upset if it was 2 months or they scrapped the idea or something.

It's not about 2 days or 2 months. It's about Elon's credibility, which has been on a downhill for some time.
All this angst over 2 days? I don't get it. I could see being upset if it was 2 months or they scrapped the idea or something.

Fallenone: You type faster than I.

Agreed.

honestly... why would he notify the public of a planned date for a product announcement when it wasn't fully ready to go... by that I mean... product in a demo-able state or whatever... presentations prepped... planning for "event" completed... etc. this is supposed to be a 30 billion dollar company... and now it's "just a couple more days"?... what can you do in 2 days?... if this were a fully baked product that was about to be launched... there'd have been months/years of preparation put into this... needing a couple extra days suggests whatever it is is not a matured idea. i'm sorry... but this is just silly.

Personally, I am not too concerned with this 2 day delay. If the product being revealed has a date of launch in the next few months, the 2 day delay is immaterial on the overall project execution stage. I rather see Elon remain spontaneous and be himself rather than change his style and think 10 times before saying anything.

But I can definitely see this being used to make a mountain out of molehill by you know who. Mark Spiegel has already posted half a dozen tweets. Nobody bats an eye when BMW misses the entire Paris auto show but a 2 day delay by Tesla and everyone loses their minds!

Just posted on Tesla.....Tesla and Panasonic have entered into a non-binding letter of intent under which they will begin collaborating on the manufacturing and production of photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules in Buffalo, New York. Under this agreement, which is contingent upon shareholders' approval of Tesla’s acquisition of SolarCity, Tesla will use the cells and modules in a solar energy system that will work seamlessly with Powerwall and Powerpack, Tesla’s energy storage products. With the aid of sales and financing capabilities from SolarCity, Tesla will bring an integrated sustainable energy solution to residential, commercial, and grid-scale customers.
The parties intend for Panasonic to begin PV cell and module production at the Buffalo facility in 2017. Tesla intends to provide a long-term purchase commitment for those cells from Panasonic.

The collaboration extends the established relationship between Tesla and Panasonic, which includes the production of electric vehicle and grid storage battery cells at Tesla’s Gigafactory.

JB Straubel, Chief Technical Officer and Co-founder of Tesla, said “We are excited to expand our partnership with Panasonic as we move towards a combined Tesla and SolarCity. By working together on solar, we will be able to accelerate production of high-efficiency, extremely reliable solar cells and modules at the best cost.”

Shuuji Okayama, Vice-president, Eco Solutions Company of Panasonic, added, “Panasonic PV cells and modules boast industry-leading power generation performance, and achieve high quality and reliability. We expect that the collaboration talks will lead to growth of the Tesla and Panasonic relationship.”

The continued partnership between Tesla and Panasonic is an important step in creating fully-integrated energy products for businesses, home owners and utilities, and furthers Tesla’s mission toward a sustainable energy future.

This will override whatever concerns there were about the delayed product announcement.

Tesla brings the sizzle and Panasonic brings the steak to the table. There should be no market doubt about Panasonic's timeline credibility. There will be solar cells coming out of that buffalo factory next year.

With this left-field announcement, I wonder if the Wednesday product reveal was contingent on this partnership being announced?

Monday will be an up day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.