Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proxy Voting Instructions
Make your selection below.

Or, sign up here to vote in person at the meeting

Votes can be changed until voting deadline.
The voting instructions indicated below represent the most up-to-date vote information on file.
This might be false for all but the specific processor agent for your shares. For instance, mine might be different.
What you need to do after you've gone to Elon Musk's twitter page is click on the "Tweets and Replies" text at the top. Otherwise, you only see his tweets and retweets and the "autobaun" comment was a reply to another poster.
Twitter is a hard to use system, and takes years to master. Pathetic system. Then on top of that, AI bots politically clense the distribution of tweets according to the dictates of the highest bidder and the CEO.
One possibility for AP 2.0 is that it is just a step towards but not quite full autonomy yet. I have some doubts that the fully fledged drive PX 2 and its water-cooling requirements will make it in the current cars. Coincidentally nVidia is setting the release date of its smaller and more power efficient platform in Q4 2016. Much less processing power but enough to power Autopilot on highways and make better use of HD mapping, and transition Tesla vision into the new platform.
FWIW, I hope if Tesla adopts nVidia that they go full-hog and get 2x whatever is required for highest level computer driving. Redundancy, future-proofing, and never having to look back (technologically).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Intl Professor
The cost of everything in double + highest performing nVidia parts would be prohibitive today. Elon was targeting 2018 for full autonomy so they'll go there with one or two more hardware changes. Same CPU power in 2 years from now will be way cheaper.
Unless they figured out a way to swap logic boards easily for cheap upgrade.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Elon Musk Verified account ‏@elonmusk
Moving the Tesla announcement to Wednesday. Needs a few more days of refinement.

4:27 PM - 16 Oct 2016
0 replies 27 retweets 58 likes

At the risk of sounding too optimistic, I feel the fact that Tesla still operates like a startup gives me some confidence that they will keep innovating at a rate much greater than the existing behemoths. But this sure gives fodder for SA guys to publish for the next few weeks :)

So it seems to me we'll probably see another down day, on the back of "Tesla misses their own deadlines again".

The question is: is whatever Elon's going to show us on Wednesday significant enough to recoup the losses.

The side effect of this, is further compression of the positive catalysts into a smaller time window.

Yes, this does strengthen the 'TM/EM can't meet self imposed/announced deadlines'

Yes, this does compress the possible positive catalysts. I have NO idea what the next few days hold for the SP of TSLA but IF we dip into the 180s then a 30% rise in SP from positive catalysts puts us at an SP lower than a 30% rise from the mid 190s .

This is more proof, IMO, that TM really needs a COO that lets the CEO announce reveal dates and allows him to do the reveals AFTER the COO has nailed down ALL the details.

I am thinking this still supports AP 2.0 and HUD. The demonstration of these requires orchestration. I think they will be significant enough to keep the floor under the stock price at least.

As a result, I am considering selling the Dec 16 $190 put, just to generate a little income. As an aside, when exactly do the Jan '19 LEAPs become available?

I am thinking this still supports AP 2.0 and HUD. The demonstration of these requires orchestration. I think they will be significant enough to keep the floor under the stock price at least.

As a result, I am considering selling the Dec 16 $190 put, just to generate a little income. As an aside, when exactly do the Jan '19 LEAPs become available?

The J19s come out mid November. It takes some time to stabilize the bid/ask spreads though

Status
Not open for further replies.