Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Long TSLA and I think the results are great to show where the company could be without a huge growth trajectory. Having said that, the 600MM increase to AP is probably mostly to do with the CapEx, which they estimated at ~$1B for Q4. This may be a small profit but next quarter is a massive loss. Sell roughly the same cars, remove another 750MM in capex and 130M in ZEV and you get a loss of 850MM at least, which I understand am ok with.

In my opinion, the biggest positive item is the SG&A expenses barely moving compared to sales volume. As long as the 600MM in AP is not related to SG&A expenses this is a huge sign of Tesla turning the corner on efficiency.
How come they guided Q4 GAAP positive then?

Campari soda on ice....first time since 2013.... been a long time coming.
Well my drinks not as good but I have a good seat for the call, front of the bus on the Dreamliner going from SFO to IAH. Looking forward to a few LOL moments where neighbors look over and wonder what's up. TSLA, that's what's up.

I am Long TSLA and I think the results are great to show where the company could be without a huge growth trajectory. Having said that, the 600MM increase to AP is probably mostly to do with the CapEx, which they estimated at ~$1B for Q4. This may be a small profit but next quarter is a massive loss. Sell roughly the same cars, remove another 750MM in capex and 130M in ZEV and you get a loss of 850MM at least, which I understand am ok with.

In my opinion, the biggest positive item is the SG&A expenses barely moving compared to sales volume. As long as the 600MM in AP is not related to SG&A expenses this is a huge sign of Tesla turning the corner on efficiency.
You're ignoring the part of the letter where they project a profit for Q4 as well?

Reactions: Ryo
Not much to dislike in TSLA's Q3 earnings report.

The thing that sticks out the most is fiscal discipline. Expenditures are being kept under tight control. Combine that with a big jump in revenue and strong gross margins, and that allows for Tesla to come out with GAAP profit and free cash flow. Looks like CFO Jason Wheeler is doing a great job on the finance side.

Congrats Tesla!

LOL

Screenshot 2016-10-26 16.25.26.png

Status
Not open for further replies.