Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who still have a lot of "dry powder", at what price point would you consider TSLA really attractive?

Exited all my TSLA position @ 205 and 215 after SCTY deal announcement. Still waiting for retesting 140-150 range to get back in. It's sorry to see people lost money in this game, but I truly don't understand why there are so many people cheer on the SCTY merger deal? I guess probably most of the different voice has been evicted from this board including myself ;)

I know there is a lot of reasons the TSLA SP could be losing ground lately, but IMO it appears the two biggest items holding back the price over the short term are: the TSLA/SCTY merger and the election. Both will reach closure soon.

On a different subject, does anyone know where NHTSA is with regard to reaching closure on the investigation around the alleged AP-related death in FL? Positive news on that front could be the catalyst for getting the SP moving north again.

Also keep in mind that TSLA back in Jan/Feb was only with shrs outstanding of 135M. Today TSLA has 15M more shrs outstanding plus with SCTY merger, should reach 166M shares. So, $140 back in Jan/Feb could translate to $120 at the same market cap.

That's true. Given another 10% dilution immediately after SCTY merger and another potential big equity raise a few months after merger. So even we get back to $140, might be just equivalent to $170-180 back to Jan/Feb.

Talk about a pie in the face.

Tesla Motors sold just 1,650 cars in the U.S. in October, according to Inside EVs, which tracks monthly sales of electric cars. That’s well below the 7,500 cars it sold in the U.S. in September, the data show.

The September sales came after Elon Musk emailed his employees saying, “It would be awesome to throw a pie in the face of all the naysayers on Wall Street who keep insisting that Tesla will always be a money-loser.”

Tesla did generate a third quarter profit. But Tesla’s stock fell 3% in morning trading after the data came out. The October sales report suggests that the company’s critics won’t be getting a second helping of pie any time soon.

Tesla Sales Need a Recharge

Asia, Europe ...

Exited all my TSLA position @ 205 and 215 after SCTY deal announcement. Still waiting for retesting 140-150 range to get back in. It's sorry to see people lost money in this game, but I truly don't understand why there are so many people cheer on the SCTY merger deal? I guess probably most of the different voice has been evicted from this board including myself ;)

This forum has gone shark, attacking all the smart posters who have now moved on, we are left with bad conspiracy "shares recall" thoery that failed miserably

The SCTY deal is good for Tesla Energy. Whether it is good for the stock price in the short term is another question. what is a logical response is not necessarily what the market says. Doing well in the market has nothing to do with judging the merit of a company but rather judging the market's view of it. The latter is influenced by many things including influences from powerful foes. In the case of Tesla these include big oil and automobile. These groups are not against using less than admirable methods to push back on Tesla. Fortunately, Tesla has many 'fans' that look on the longer view and benefits of renewable energy.

Now that I've thought about it, here's my additional thoughts about the information coming later today:

Elon either:
(A) Knows he still needs to convince people of the merger and will drive home that the merger is a "no brainer" with whatever it takes
(B) Thinks the merger is in the bag and doesn't need a cap raise (aka he doesn't care about the stock price), so we won't get anything significantly helpful information wise.
(C) Knows he needs to convince people but he has no more steak, only sizzle.

And I suppose there is always (D) Other

I'm leaning towards (C) so I bought some weekly puts for protection. Hopefully that marks the bottom.

This forum has gone shark, attacking all the smart posters who have now moved on, we are left with bad conspiracy "shares recall" thoery that failed miserably

It is the ebb and flow of this forum.
It happens, then changes.
Patience.

Remember one theory here: "one person can make a difference" so all of this is just due to @randomshortguypostinghere said something negative, the press picked ti up, the shorts pounced on that post and shorted the heck out of this stock and got analysts to start downgrading the stock.

When people realize his post didn't make a difference, all of that will reverse.

You made zero predictions on here before q3 earnings release and on sep 1st you said "$200 is a fair value for TSLA as of today. Not bargin price though"

For those who still have a lot of "dry powder", at what price point would you consider TSLA really attractive?

Well, technically below $170 since you can already get it for that price now through SCTY. I don't understand Why people are buying TSLA at 190+ when SCTY gives you TSLA shares at so much lower?? If TSLA somehow rallies soon, you will still get those gains with your SCTY shares.

I truly don't understand why there are so many people cheer on the SCTY merger deal?

Because the shorts seem to hate it, Elon wants it, and it's probably going to happen. 3 good reasons right there.

I guess probably most of the different voice has been evicted from this board including myself

If you were evicted how are you still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.